Richmond Vs. Carlton - Rd 1, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait until the next games start. All the other teams better hope they play flawless football round 1 and good luck if they lose. Seems like 120 minutes of football judges a teams season, so looking forward to sticking the boots in the rest of the weekend.

We are happy the club has found direction and game plan that suits the players similar to that under Rattan.. fast attacking bold football.
Happy that our VFL team thumped Richmond VFL team by 10 goals... Byrne, Vioijo Rainbow and Silvagni were stars.

We just need some luck with the injury list because we had no luck since 2012 with that.

Considering that our firsts seemed pretty evenly matched last night, if our magoos can thrash theirs all signs point to us having greater depth than the tigers...

Deary me Richmond, did you really give Hardwick a 2 year extention, cause its gonna be longer than that before you win a final.

Considering that our firsts seemed pretty evenly matched last night, if our magoos can thrash theirs all signs point to us having greater depth than the tigers...

In all honesty though, richmond's side last night wasn't quite their firsts

Gives your credit it is not until round 12 that we turn to shit. But you scraped over last years wooden spooners just shows you don't have the depth of talent to be a contender
Look at the excuses, you talk about age but all your experienced blokes in the guts were taught a lesson tonight from Patty Cripps who is what 20?

Loving these tears mate.

Last time Collingwood played Carlton they scraped over the line by 18 points and a 20 year old Patrick Cripps had 35 disposals, 18 contested possessions, 11 clearances and polled in the Brownlow.

Salty AF

Can't wait until the next games start. All the other teams better hope they play flawless football round 1 and good luck if they lose. Seems like 120 minutes of football judges a teams season, so looking forward to sticking the boots in the rest of the weekend.

True

In all honesty though, richmond's side last night wasn't quite their firsts

Admittedly we went in at full strength and they had some key outs, but we turned over our list moving on 15 blokes at the end of last season, and i saw Carlton playing with a coherent game plan that Richmond struggled with. Bolton has been able to get the playing group to both understand and implement a new game plan practically from day dot.

Hardwick has been there for how long and his players still struggle to impose their will on last years wooden spooners?

Carlton had 4 number 1 picks running around last night to our 0, just sayin..

I don't think that matters - Richmond have been drilled to play a specific system for five years - Carlton six months. So you can say the Blues are talented enough to win some games with the right game plan for the players. This is what I see.

Deary me Richmond, did you really give Hardwick a 2 year extention, cause its gonna be longer than that before you win a final.
I bet no one's ever accused you of knowing much about football.

I don't think that matters - Richmond have been drilled to play a specific system for five years - Carlton six months. So you can say the Blues are talented enough to win some games with the right game plan for the players. This is what I see.
I can't argue with that, I'm just having some fun. :D

The thing that impressed me about Carlton was their ball movement. Usually with a bottom 4 team they are constantly giving the ball back through turnovers. That didn't really happen last night and Richmond had to step up and beat them rather than just being handed the game.

Murphy, Gibbs, Cripps, Simpson with Kreuzer in the ruck is a solid midfield brigade, but lacks depth after that. Curnow's good but not a star. That's enough to trouble a number of sides (Gibbs and Kreuzer missed most of last year). The problem is though that Simpson hasn't got long left and Murphy might be ready to hang up the boots in ~3 years time. They might lose their best player around the same time they develop into a strong list. Still got quite a bit of work to do but fans should feel more optimistic than last year.

Goals are still the big concern though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pretty sloppy game. Richmond will improve and Carlton will be around the anchor point come seasons end.

Richmond are setting premierships as the goal for this year and that's a firm no. Do not have the cattle or leadership. Of any teams to make a jump to contenders I expect Port or Collingwood to be those, but I'll put plenty on it not being Richmond.

Rioli will be very good for years to come.

From a Tigers point of view, 4 points banked, got out of jail but a win is a win, some of their kids looked good

From a Carlton point of view, they had a crack, they looked promising and looked like they had a direction in regards to game style, Weitering looks like a 50 games already, the blokes they brought in looked promising. Overall, other than 4 points, you couldn't have asked for much more if you were a Carlton fan.

Carlton supporters will feel good about themselves today but really, they shouldn't.

We were missing our two most important players, make no mistake, maric is very very important for us. And deledio is all class.

Carlton had 4 number 1 picks playing. Richmond had 0.

Carlton put their best 22 out there, with daisy maybe being in there.

Carlton on average were OLDER and MORE EXPERIENCED than Richmond.

Carlton built up to this game all pre season. This was their grand final.

Richmond came in just hoping to scrape through.

One team will progressively get worse throughout the season because that level of effort and passion is unsustainable.

One team wil slowly build go peak form for September (and hopefully not lose week 1).

So if I'm Carlton right now, I know my rebuild has a longggggggg way to go.

Credit to them though. They played well and nearly won their grand final.

Carlton supporters will feel good about themselves today but really, they shouldn't.

We were missing our two most important players, make no mistake, maric is very very important for us. And deledio is all class.

Carlton had 4 number 1 picks playing. Richmond had 0.

Carlton put their best 22 out there, with daisy maybe being in there.

Carlton on average were OLDER and MORE EXPERIENCED than Richmond.

Carlton built up to this game all pre season. This was their grand final.

Richmond came in just hoping to scrape through.

One team will progressively get worse throughout the season because that level of effort and passion is unsustainable.

One team wil slowly build go peak form for September (and hopefully not lose week 1).

So if I'm Carlton right now, I know my rebuild has a longggggggg way to go.

Credit to them though. They played well and nearly won their grand final.
Clutching at straws mate.
Fact of the matter is the best sides in the competition still dominate the bottom sides when they are missing guns.
Carlton played really well. And took it to you guys all night. Give them credit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond Vs. Carlton - Rd 1, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back