Richmond's War Chest

Remove this Banner Ad

Treloar and Aish aren't going to make Collingwood a 91 point better side.

Richmond's trade period ended with Yarran and Townsend for 2 second rounders and a nothing pick (70).

We'll see if that ends up a success. Doesn't look too bad tbh. I'd give it a B.
LOL in 2010 we were 50+ points better than any other team, but on the day in the 1st GF we choked and forgot our brand of footy. The following week showed how good we were. Hence, if you are only going on one game and probably the only one game you have thrashed us in the past 10 years thinking that these 2 players won't make a difference then maybe you are right, but it takes 22 players to improve on 91 points and these two players help the rest of the team bridge that gap and believe me we aren't to far away.

Whats the point on over spending on an unproven like Treloar when he wouldnt be top 5 at our club. Makes it hard to justify. We were outbid by collingwood (so be it). In saying that i wouldnt blame lids jack cotch rance and dusty coming to the club asking for a raise. The bonus is we dont lose any players.

Problem for the tigers is that they won't (drastically) overpay. So Collingwood paid more than the tigers could, both to GWS and Treloar. They went hard for a few others, but couldn't pry them loose. This year was the first when you can trade first rounders, and so create big trades yourself (as a club). With big spenders out of the way this year (can't do those trades for a few more years now), maybe next year will see more opportunities for paying high, but not very high prices. Especially if we can win a final or 2 then it opens right up.

C'mon! You had a crack at a number of players and were only able to get Yarran over the line.

Probably the best of the lot, who else did we have a crack at? I doubt we made much of a move on treloar since he nominated another club. There was literally no one else this year.

Also missed Motlop who was apparently 'in the bag'
Don't believe everything you read in the papers, we would have spoken to everyone available I hope, the rags then take this to mean you are chasing them, Treloar is the only one we really missed and if you look at what Collingwood paid we couldn't have matched them either in picks or player payments.

Problem for the tigers is that they won't (drastically) overpay. So Collingwood paid more than the tigers could, both to GWS and Treloar.

This is just plain wrong. You offered him around 600k from most reports. We nabbed him on a reported 650k, or a tick above (link below). Drastic difference? I think not.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...e-giant-is-finally-a-pie-20151021-gkev89.html

Richmond put both 2015 and 2016 first-rounders on the table for him (link). We paid two first rounders which, despite our Pick 7 being greater than your Pick 12, also got us a second-rounder in return. If we "drastically" overpaid, then you were keen to do the exact same thing.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/09-15/trade-sentral-bad-boy-risk-treloar-value#vEPCpVd4oWQ3mGwy.97

They went hard for a few others, but couldn't pry them loose. This year was the first when you can trade first rounders, and so create big trades yourself (as a club). With big spenders out of the way this year (can't do those trades for a few more years now), maybe next year will see more opportunities for paying high, but not very high prices. Especially if we can win a final or 2 then it opens right up.

Posted something on the Richmond board a few weeks ago that I don't care enough to search for. But it emphasised how the ability of your club to "sell the dream" to players isn't quite there at the moment.

Richmond were keen as mustard on Treloar, and this was reflected in their offers to both him and GWS. He just chose us. Maybe due to the little bit extra cash, maybe due to his relationship with Buckley, maybe because we have a recent premiership victory to point to, maybe because our president can offer greater post-footy opportunities.

But not because Richmond weren't prepared to give a lot for him.

Last edited:
Probably the best of the lot, who else did we have a crack at? I doubt we made much of a move on treloar since he nominated another club. There was literally no one else this year.

Bennell.

He thought so little of your club he didn't even ring to say get stuffed.

Right now the Tiges are a 5-8 side. Most sides in this area need to trade in quality players to fill their areas of weakness. Tigers don't do this, hence they don't go forward.

Bennell.

Right now the Tiges are a 5-8 side. Most sides in this area need to trade in quality players to fill their areas of weakness. Tigers don't do this, hence they don't go forward.

You're just making crap up, we had a sniff at him and realised how potent he is. He will be sacked before end of 2016 wait n see. I never wanted him thank god he wanted to go home to perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you we up to your eyeballs into Treloar. Hartlett was another. You had a crack at Motlop. Aish was speculated as being on Richo's radar. Bennell was another - bit of a mystery who pulled the plug there. Think you even had wet dreams about Dangerfield at one stage.:)

C'mon! You had a crack at a number of players and were only able to get Yarran over the line.
Did you get that from your Herald Sun subscription?

I'm sure we spoke to most players including Danger as all clubs do it's called due diligence but the only one I know of that we missed was Treloar and the other we were after was Yarran who we got at a pretty good price in the end, we also held on to our round one pick, not a great trade period but not a bad one either

Bennell.

Honestly there is some rubbish being posted in here, Collingwood paid the absolute top price for Treloar and got him, wow, but how many more players will you lose when they all want 750k and a job for the gf?

The other two you got well they are okay no more, we picked up players to fill a need and have shown we can turn our early draft picks into regular players in a very short time.

As for Bennell we had a look didn't like what we saw and moved on, as all bar one club did.

Think you we up to your eyeballs into Treloar. Hartlett was another. You had a crack at Motlop. Aish was speculated as being on Richo's radar. Bennell was another - bit of a mystery who pulled the plug there. Think you even had wet dreams about Dangerfield at one stage.:)

We weren't. It was just KB being silly. Hartlett was nothing more than bigfooty rumouring. Motlop was another bigfooty fan hope, I don't think the club even spoke to him or his management once either. We've discussed bennel, he will have no career soon enough.
Dangerfield, again, no.

All you're mentioning is bigfooty talk and nothing that's actually official. It was pretty much only Yarran the whole time, what surprised us was townsend.

Sydney and Freo are one of the teams we will replace in top 4 next year, then the war chest thing happens.

Collingwood paid the absolute top price for Treloar and got him, wow, but how many more players will you lose when they all want 750k and a job for the gf?

Just over 650k actually - which is closer to Richmond's reported offer than it is to 750k.

Also, the job for the missus is just our president doing his job better than yours. Unlucky bud.

Treloar will join the Magpies on a six-year deal of more than $650,000 a year on average

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trade-period-adam-treloar-deal-done-giant-is-finally-a-pie-20151021

This is just plain wrong. You offered him around 600k from most reports. We nabbed him on a reported 650k, or a tick above (link below). Drastic difference? I think not.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...e-giant-is-finally-a-pie-20151021-gkev89.html

Richmond put both 2015 and 2016 first-rounders on the table for him (link). We paid two first rounders which, despite our Pick 7 being greater than your Pick 12, also got us a second-rounder in return. If we "drastically" overpaid, then you were keen to do the exact same thing.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/09-15/trade-sentral-bad-boy-risk-treloar-value#vEPCpVd4oWQ3mGwy.97

Posted something on the Richmond board a few weeks ago that I don't care enough to search for. But it emphasised how the ability of your club to "sell the dream" to players isn't quite there at the moment.

Richmond were keen as mustard on Treloar, and this was reflected in their offers to both him and GWS. He just chose us. Maybe due to the little bit extra cash, maybe due to his relationship with Buckley, maybe because we have a recent premiership victory to point to, maybe because our president can offer greater post-footy opportunities.

But not because Richmond weren't prepared to give a lot for him.
The reports I read say 750k so a big difference, he is young and in no way could we pay him the money you are under our system, it also took you a lot of picks to get him, picks we didn't have.

Obviously our EF losses don't help but Yarran turned down Hawthorn to come to us so I'm not quite sure about your selling the dream comment.

There is one other thing, unlike Collingwood and Geelong for that matter we didn't have to replace any existing players really as the ones we have are fully committed, this is important in becoming a regular top side as well.

Just over 650k actually - which is closer to Richmond's reported offer than it is to 750k.

Also, the job for the missus is just our president doing his job better than yours. Unlucky bud.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trade-period-adam-treloar-deal-done-giant-is-finally-a-pie-20151021
It actually says of more than 650k on average, so he could well be on close to 700k and some years that could be 800k, so way over what we are paying our top line players bud.

The job for the missus if it exists is actually cheating as it should be in the cap, but whatever we still wouldn't have had the picks required it took Collingwood a while to get the deal done and there is no way we could have got the picks you gave away, it was a win for Collingwood but only just.

I'm happy with our trade period. Yarran has the same amount of talent as someone like a Treloar its all about coaching now. We pay him 400k still have room to go after another big fish next year.

Of the FAs I would have liked Treloar, but if you gave me the choice of Treloar or Yarran and two firsts, I would take the latter. Would certainly take Yarran over Aish.

I think everyone is comparing us to the Pies who did very well no doubt, but we got in a quality player and kept both first rounders, which is aslo good. This is to add to developing first rounders lile Lennon and Corey Ellis (rate this kid alot). Would be shocked if we dont gave a massive crack at Jager if his body holds up.

The reports I read say 750k so a big difference, he is young and in no way could we pay him the money you are under our system, it also took you a lot of picks to get him, picks we didn't have.

Obviously our EF losses don't help but Yarran turned down Hawthorn to come to us so I'm not quite sure about your selling the dream comment.

There is one other thing, unlike Collingwood and Geelong for that matter we didn't have to replace any existing players really as the ones we have are fully committed, this is important in becoming a regular top side as well.

No, the reports say $650,000. The initial reports suggested $750,000 before more accurate figures were then mentioned leading up to, and after the deal had been complete. Observe (maybe open your other eye before doing so) the link I so kindly placed in my previous post.

For someone who's throwing a tantrum over reported rumours, don't be hypocritical and bring up Hawthorn who merely inquired about Yarran and nothing more.

We weren't. It was just KB being silly. Hartlett was nothing more than bigfooty rumouring. Motlop was another bigfooty fan hope, I don't think the club even spoke to him or his management once either. We've discussed bennel, he will have no career soon enough.
Dangerfield, again, no.

All you're mentioning is bigfooty talk and nothing that's actually official. It was pretty much only Yarran the whole time, what surprised us was townsend.

Sydney and Freo are one of the teams we will replace in top 4 next year, then the war chest thing happens.
Take very little notice of BF talk. I heard Gale say you were interested in Mots. Richardson say you were interested in Hartlett. Your interest in Treloar was all over the media as was Benell.

If you are telling me the only reasonably big fish you really went hard for was Yarran- that is being kind to him btw - sorry, I don't buy it.

Quite like the tigs, but you won't make the top four.

It actually says of more than 650k on average, so he could well be on close to 700k and some years that could be 800k, so way over what we are paying our top line players bud.

The job for the missus if it exists is actually cheating as it should be in the cap, but whatever we still wouldn't have had the picks required it took Collingwood a while to get the deal done and there is no way we could have got the picks you gave away, it was a win for Collingwood but only just.

No, it's "more than 650k on average". Do you know how averages work? If we pay him $800,000 one year, then their has to be a sub-$650,000 yearly payment at least one other year in the contract.

You said 750k. In all likelihood the actual figure is much closer to Richmond's reported offer of $600,000 than it is to $750,000.

I'm sure if it was cheating the AFL would do something about it. Or maybe you're a conspiracy theorist who believes Collingwood have it their way and nobody will stop them.

Regardless - Richmond threw a bundle at Treloar and he turned you down. No shame in that. But your fellow supporter claiming it was because Richmond weren't willing to pay up is ill-informed.

D minus for Tigers at best.
That's your opinion and your welcome, I would disagree in a big way but then who really cares, only time will tell and for us the pick ups we got were exactly what we needed and at very little cost, many laughed when we got Miles, Houli etc they would be in most clubs top 22 now.

Its not all about drafting and trade otherwise Melbourne would be top 4, it's about how you develop them afterwards and we are becoming very astute at doing that, then you have to keep them at the club something we do a lot better than Collingwood, who seem to have had a revolving door fitted since Bucks became coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond's War Chest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back