Preview Rnd 10 Carlton v Adelaide Sunday May 25 4.40 pm @ MCG - Team post *686

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Bryce Gibbs can remember to play consistently and not fall away like he has after good games so far this season.
All this time it's been his memory...

Huge test for our defense. An up and about Adelaide with Tex back and Betts looking to perform against us while Jenkins goes about business.

Dangerfield, Thompson, Sloane and Douglas need to be stifled in the midfield too.

See Yarran having a huge influence again, the ins will be very interesting too.

I'd heard he broke his ribs in a collision near the end of the Dogs game.

Andy Mac is a definite chance to play - given I think Whitey might be in a little bit of trouble when the boys get back from their break.

It was just before 3/4 time - he played the last quarter with broken ribs.

Not sure we are gunna be putting 4 quarters together. Lately we've been pretty good at rattling on half a dozen goals in a quarter then defending.

Saying that, wouldn't reckon this will be a shoot-out anyway.

What are the media saying in the city of churches numbers?
Are they pumping up the Crows to take care of us on Sunday arvo?

Casboult to take a contested grab on the wing, swing around and hand it off to someone running past before sprinting to the goal square, taking a massive epic mark and kicking a poi.... Ah... Goal!! :D

Hopefully Bryce Gibbs can remember to play consistently and not fall away like he has after good games so far this season.

Not just Gibbs either.

The players need to bring a lot of heart and a good dose of mongrel to this game, Adelaide will be up and about after their win and I'm sick of seeing the players wither when the opposition come out all fired up.

Get the job done fellas.

It's all about player availability and the intensity they bring to the game.
Baggers must turn up to play a tough and scrappy game.
This will be a very hard game .
Go Baggers

No more injuries.

Looks like we have had a few players carrying injuries so far, I hope the bye gave them some much needed rest so they can avoid long periods out of the game or surgery.

I think we are long overdue to have a good run on the injury front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm ok with the club suspending White for a week or two from the seniors for his indiscretion during the week.

Why? Why do we think that AFL clubs and/or the league are above the law in this regard? If you were involved in a potential, pending police investigation, how would you take it if your job told you, you were suspended, potentially without pay plus a possible fine? It's the biggest load of shit every time it happens. So worried about 'image' and media pressure. Let the police and courts sort it out, then decide if further action in necessary.

Team rules? Toby Greene's club, or so the official line goes, disciplined him for breaching team rules - independent of legal representation.

I'm sure the club will get Simon's side of the story and make a judgement.

One question to you.
What end is your cheersquad? City end or Punt Road end?

Mate and I decided about 3 hours ago we'll come down for the game, I got my tickets and flights all sorted already.
But now I'm curious, will we be in hostile territory or stuck with the murder of crows.

We're Olympic stand M55.

Team rules? Toby Greene's club, or so the official line goes, disciplined him for breaching team rules - independent of legal representation.

If he has breached team rules, then so be it. But Greene was drinking whilst injured and was allegedly involved in two incidents, plus failed to notify the club.

I'm sure the club will get Simon's side of the story and make a judgement.

Hopefully this does happen. Knowing our media department any answer could be given, he could be a late withdrawal with no mention of why o_O

One question to you.
What end is your cheersquad? City end or Punt Road end?

Mate and I decided about 3 hours ago we'll come down for the game, I got my tickets and flights all sorted already.
But now I'm curious, will we be in hostile territory or stuck with the murder of crows.

We're Olympic stand M55.

Punt Rd end for our cheersquad (M3).

Hopefully this does happen. Knowing our media department any answer could be given, he could be a late withdrawal with no mention of why o_O

The club has some responsibility of player welfare for every player on the list. Leadership group will impose any necessary penalty.

If
Simon has been naughty then at the least he'll have to bunk with Mitchy Robbo on the next interstate trip. :) (podcast reference)

But yeah, trial by media (and us)...

Just remember this is NOT a banter thread!
1) Why would I upset you? I've heard from Carlton posters from this board that you're actually quite beautiful.

2) Banter threads go to shit on the Adelaide board when they get set up thanks to our moderators infinite wisdom :)rolleyes:). So Why would I ruin your board too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back