Status
Not open for further replies.

sikmoe

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
The better we put the Geelong game in the past the better.

HOPEFULLY INS: Hooker, Reimers, Williams/Prismall
OUTS: Dempsey(PLEASE), Longergan

OUTS: Lonergan, Dyson

INS: Howlett, Reimers

Not sure who would get dropped for Hooker to come in.

I got no beef against Rick, but he didn't give us much drive like he usually does, alot of players didnt. But did he have a few weeks at Bendigo or was he rushed straight in?

I wanna see Williams and Reimers come in and Lonergan and Dyson go out.

This:thumbsu: but knights wont bring them in unless they do something for bendigo which is ridiculous. And i hope people dont waste their time writing the names of slattery dyson and welsh because knights will not drop them for any reason.
Atkinson for dempsey as well.

In: Atkinson, Reimers, Williams, Hooker

Out: Slattery, Dyson, Lonergan, Bellchambers

Thats a hard one... DEMPSEY! ?

Okay he was ordinary, but bringing in a tall for a small? We kinda need either Dempsey or Atko for the run off half back. Looks great when it happens, but when it doesnt = tonight!

It has come time for Knights to really make some hard calls. Look at blokes that wont be playing in 4 years time for us, and not play them. I wont name any players as im sure i'll be targeted with fan boys, but there are at least 3 to 4 players that will have to go in the next season or two. Drop them and play the future. Get games into the young boys. I feel we are still in this hole because of Kev's last few years of recruiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calls for Dempsey surprises me. Had a solid year and while ordinary against Cats, wasn't the only one and at least he had a bloody dip.

See ya Henry.

Agree. Missing that ball going back was a howler, but at least he took the game on in the second half. Slattery has to go out, he was just awful. McVeigh or Hocking can man Rioli and we don't really need him next week. Bring in Hooker to allow Fletch to play third man up.

Agree. Missing that ball going back was a howler, but at least he took the game on in the second half. Slattery has to go out, he was just awful. McVeigh or Hocking can man Rioli and we don't really need him next week. Bring in Hooker to allow Fletch to play third man up.
He didn't just miss it, he pulled out of the contest. Piss poor effort.

It seems pretty clear to me, and has for some time, that when we put a quick team out on the park we play well. The inclusion of Hank and Welsh the last two weeks has certainly no helped either our overall pace or skill level. I would be shocked if it happened, but really these two have to go for any two of Reimers, Atkinson, Houli, Howlett.

Bellchambers isn't up to it, we would be better off playing another KPP, Hooker if he is available or else Darcy or Neagle. Hooker has played in the ruch before and could give Ryder a rest, as could Gumby.

Lonergan has had plenty of chances and is showing no signs of improvement, I've had it with him permanently. The small forward role is pretty well played by Alwyn and Jetta, there is no need for Lonergan we need to develop somebody else in his position. I think Houli or Reimers would fit in well here, as would Marigliani or Silverlock.

It seems pretty clear to me, and has for some time, that when we put a quick team out on the park we play well. The inclusion of Hank and Welsh the last two weeks has certainly no helped either our overall pace or skill level. I would be shocked if it happened, but really these two have to go for any two of Reimers, Atkinson, Houli, Howlett.

Bellchambers isn't up to it, we would be better off playing another KPP, Hooker if he is available or else Darcy or Neagle. Hooker has played in the ruch before and could give Ryder a rest, as could Gumby.

Welsh was one of our best last week and once Hank went onto Ablett he went quiet, Hank did his job and Woosh did it last week. Neither should go.

I got no beef against Rick, but he didn't give us much drive like he usually does, alot of players didnt. But did he have a few weeks at Bendigo or was he rushed straight in?

One of Bendigo's best last week, think he had a week before it too. Won't be dropped after one bad week.

out: Lonergan, Dyson
in: Reimers, Hooker

if only the selectors had the balls to drop Welsh.
We need to be grooming Houli and or Howlett to take his role ASAP.

Welsh was one of our best last week and once Hank went onto Ablett he went quiet, Hank did his job and Woosh did it last week. Neither should go.

One of Bendigo's best last week, think he had a week before it too. Won't be dropped after one bad week.

"Hank did his job" What job was that exactly? gee would love to have his job and get paid $200,000+ a year. Limiting a player to 15 possies or whatever it was in a half of football without hardly touching it your self, is hardly doing a job IMO.

It doesn't really matter if Welsh is a better player, individually, than his possible replacements, we play better football when he is not in the team. The fact that he is slow and has poor kicking skills is a major factor in this.

I noticed Hank lose pretty much every contest he was in tonight. I saw him fall over a lot, I saw him crap his pants the few times he got the ball and do absolutely nothing positive with it. I saw him stand next to Ablett in the oal square for a while and thankfully the ball didn't get kicked to him much while he was there.

Man oh man. I feel like I am always disagreeing with most people on here lately...

At the game tonight, I wasn't disappointed with the loss at all. It came down to a lapse in concentration and pressure in the third term which took the game out of reach. Their bodies in the midfield were far too good for us.

The game was lost in the midfield. Everywhere else around the ground we were quite sound. If not for the ease and space that we allowed them in the midfield early on and throughout the 2nd half, their forwards would have had a much rougher night.

I am probably Dempsey's biggest critic. But he was one of our best tonight. It might have looked different on TV, but at the game, he was very good. Took the game on, and only made one terrible mistake in misjudging the flight of the ball. Players who had a shocker tonight: Watson, McVeigh and Lovett-Murray in the first half in particular. We had too many passengers tonight, and I think we buggered this one up at the selection table, Dyson and Slattery didn't really look match fit, and quite lost most of the time. However, Slattery did quell Ablett for about 5 minutes (if that is possible) i thought he did a good job.

Out: Dyson, Lonergan, Bellchambers
In: Riemers, Hooker, Prismall

I do think that Lonergan played reasonably well, and wasn't in the worst 6 or 7, I think Riemers offers a bit more. Harsh suggestion I know. Bellchambers was fantastic tonight. I was super pleased with his game. However! The Hawk's ruck stocks are virtually non existent. Hooker can play that pinch hitter and when we need him, and I think his versatility and speed would be better suited to running the Hawks off their feet this week. As for Dyson, harsh to give him a spell, considering it was his first game back he should be cut some slack. However, tonight I think what killed us was lack of strength in the midfield and against the Hawks, this is needed, and Prismall will give that. Plus he played well against the Hawks last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back