Rnd 13: Changes Vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
was at the game, changes i would make are OUT: myers, slattery, melksham(wlesh but will never be dropped) INS:reimers, atkinson, prismall
dyson was swapped around alot and was on the bench alot, will come good next week, same with lonergan, he is slow but ads hardness up forward so i would keep him in.

Out: Slatts, Dyson, Lonergan, Welsh (Wont be dropped, hopefully will get suspened for kneeing a guy in the gut again:rolleyes:)
In: Reimers, Williams, Hooker, Howlett

OK, so having seen the Bendigo game today I think the changes may be..

OUT: Myers, Lonergan

INS: Hooker, Marigliani

Could be some more changes but do not think there will be many more if any.

Did the rest muscles for the last quarter?

What about Howlett, Prismall, Howlett and Williams? I heard they all dind't play. Did the short turn-around contribute to them not playign?

Out: Slattery (McVeigh is better), Welsh (gets the footy but just not good enough), Lonergan
In: Prismall, Atkinson, Howlett

I don't think it's panic stations, and I think people are being a bit harsh on Dyson first week back, but I reckon those 3 changes would make us signficantly better, especially in terms of balance.

Could play something like below which has a lot more run:

FB: Hocking Fletcher McVeigh
HB: Dempsey Pears Dyson
C: Atkinson Watson Prismall
HF: Jetta Gumbleton NLM
FF: Davey Hurley Zaharakis
R: Ryder Stanton Myers
Int: Bellchambers Winderlich Howlett Melksham

Out: Dyson, Lonergan
In: Prismall, Hooker

Hooker can go back to allow Slattery to do another number on Rioli. Fletcher loose man.

M.Williams left languishing in the reserves whislt Lonergan is running around?? Lonergan kept in the side ahead of him or even Reimers who shows much more..??

...Williams is injured...
His foot is el-buggerato :thumbsu:

Did the rest muscles for the last quarter?

What about Howlett, Prismall, Howlett and Williams? I heard they all dind't play. Did the short turn-around contribute to them not playign?

Yeah, I thought about this later on. I think the outs are still apparent, whilst the ins would most likely be: Hooker and Prismall. Not sure why 'Pris' but he is apparently best 22 material.

i thought williams was out for a month??

surely howlett wont get a game ahead of prismall,

id like to see Muscles get a game, might aswell, dyson obviously isnt fit and should be playing 2's for atleast a couple of weeks....

we all knew this would happen with dyson, welsh and slattery all injured we would play better and the inevitable when they get back in the team we would drop off,

INS: Prismall Hooker Muscles
OUT: Lonergan Dyson demspey

I would be VERY surprised if Dempsey is dropped. A lot of scapegoating of him this week. He has played worse games this year and was actually going all game, unlike some.

I'm not sure we'll make many changes. As for what I'd like to see?

In: Hooker, T. Slattery

Out: Lonergan, Bellchambers

Melksham gets another go, as do the returning Dyson and H. Slattery. Wouldn't be opposed to Prismall getting another run though. He and Howlett could come in for Melksham and H. Slattery and it'd be fine with me.

Hawthorn play with a much taller forward line so I'd like to see another tall or two in to give us options on Buddy and Roughhead. Hooker can pinch in the ruck if we need, while T. Slattery coming in will give us the chance to free up Myers and Dempsey for less accountable positions where they can damage the scoreboard a bit more.

McVeigh Hooker Fletcher
T. Slattery Pears Hocking
Dempsey Watson NLM
Jetta Hurley Winderlich
Davey Gumby Zaka

Ryder Myers Stanton

Welsh Melksham H. Slattery Dyson

Personally i disagree with all the negativity in recent threads. People seem to resort to immediately blaming the personale on the ground and pushing for multiple omissions. Personally i just think its our mental strength that is the problem. If we are in front by decent margin we dont run as hard, our pressure which has been our main strength seems to decrease and we just dont work as hard. Likewise if things arent going our way the team just seems to give up. Perfect example was when we were right in the match, gumbelton missed a shot on goal and the next 5-10 minutes after that you could easily visibly see the mommentum switch and our team just stop running. Its just not good enough. You look at geelong and its not necessarily the talent on the park that gets them where they are its their ability to keep playing as hard as they can. If they are behind you know they will come back at you and if they are already dominating a team they just keep playing the same footy and continue to dominate. Mooney missed plenty of shots on goal however instead of the team just giving up like we did when gumby missed they just keep playing the same footy. Its our mental strength that is our issue not necessarily the talent on the ground. In sayign that

Ins: Reimers (if fit), Hooker, Prismall
Outs: Lonergan, Dyson, Melksham

Hooker to go back into defence releasing myers to play midfield permanently
Reimers to take lonergans spot, however reports from the bendigo match show that he may be carrying something, if he is carrying something i would consider bringing in williams for lonergan.
Melksham seems to not be fully fit imo, promising kid but he has already played a lot this season and there is no need to wear the kid out. let him develop before really pushing him

Listened to Robert Shaw on SEN on the weekend. He speaks a lot of sense. Seemed to think that so much of our problem was based on selection. He reitrated many of the posts that come up here. Welsh should have been made to earn his spot through the VFL after a 4 game suspension, should have kept the winning team - not drop Atkinson, Howlett or Prismall. I love listening to him and wish he was back at the club. Let's hope we go back to our winning line-up this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's really struggled since returning from injury.

I've just felt we need him to play, otherwise it's only Fletcher.

If Hooker returns this week and Pears continues to struggle, and we feel we can afford to have only two genuine talls, he won't be immune from demotion you wouldn't think.

Honest? Fletcher was worse than him against Geelong, both at defending and at using the ball. Was poor in the other couple of games, but not against Geelong.

Welsh was one of our best last week and once Hank went onto Ablett he went quiet, Hank did his job and Woosh did it last week. Neither should go.

One of Bendigo's best last week, think he had a week before it too. Won't be dropped after one bad week.

Neither provide run, our game plan is played largely on run and carry.

There's dead wood on Essendon's list that people are reluctant to get rid of.

We need less of the light bodied outside players Knights seems to love. We started out the year with them in the side and went 1-4. Not sure we want to go down that route again. FWIW I'd like to see Howlett at least back in the side. With Hooker coming back, Pears might be due a rest.

Yes, like many others Im not a Stanton fan. Not that I enjoy bashing our own in fact I hate it but Ive given this spud too many chances. He would be the most overrated player in our club but thats an old news for another thread. As for Attkinson I think he turned the corner before he got dropped. I will reserve my thoughts for a few weeks.

Stanton's probably not in the top thirty midfielders in the comp, maybe not even the top fifty, but he's the best we have at present.

edit-other than Watson of course - they actually complement each other, its just a matter of developing a good group of mids around them.

For me, not that I really know anything about footy but anyway-

In: Hooker Atkinson Prismall
Out: Dyson Lonergan Melksham

Lol how ironic
on this thread all the essendon fans hang shit on stanton
Yet in the thread with geelong input they said they'd take him in there team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back