AFL Autopsy RND 16: Loss To The Pussies

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Its good to see the usual suspects piping up for the first time in ages to whack Heppell for his first poor game in 2-3 months, when he wouldnt come close to the main reason we lost the way we did tonight anyway.
He’s been bad for a month, been giving him the benefit after a well above season, maybe he still can’t be responsible for anyone?

The 3 goal run of goals in the 3rd directly from free kicks was complete charity. Having said that we were outplayed in the 2nd half, when teams are flooding their backline we can’t score and we can’t defend slingshot. Forward line pressure really poor

Australian rules football is played by some of the most dedicated professional athletes in the world
These athletes represent some of the most soundly run clubs in the world which embrace the highest standards that can be afforded in the way of sports science and medical monitoring. The games are played in front the largest crowds registered for domestic sport anywhere and in some of the most well built stadiums anywhere to be found.
And then its umpired by a bunch of amateurs whose mistakes influence results and who are not held to any standard or scrutiny. This is afl.

TEAMS MUST have the right to challenge mistakes and hold the umpires accountable

you were robbed

They are a bogie team and with some strong support from the umpires their belief over us really showed.

We really struggling up forward. Time to look at some changes. Cox looked pretty good up their a few times and hopefully Caddy gets plenty of looks over the remainder of the season. Also I agree with the other poster about Martin. We are just blunting our own weapon with him down back. Opposition coaches would love him there. Midfield or half forward for him please.

Its not just the Draper arm chop and the rushed behind.

Its the holding the ball against Stringer and Ridley despite neither having prior, and then Stewart and Bowes take on tackles and drop the ball cold with no free all in the same quarter.

Its a free against Hind for a throw in our forward pocket but then 20 seconds later Dangerfield throws it over his head and leads to a goal. It was literally two different sets of rules.

Its good to see the usual suspects piping up for the first time in ages to whack Heppell for his first poor game in 2-3 months, when he wouldnt come close to the main reason we lost the way we did tonight anyway.
Our whole backline were under siege in the second half. Heppell was poor but so were Guelfi, Langford, Gresham, Stringer, Lav, Ridley, Perkins, Menzie, etc. It is a team game.

It was the runners & turnovers that lost this one

If you didn't realise we'd lost it Thursday evening, you should've had a fair idea before the game when Nathan Brown was backing us in at short odds

He’s been bad for a month, been giving him the benefit after a well above season, maybe he still can’t be responsible for anyone?
Bullshit he has been poor for a month. Thats a nonsense you are making up to justify taking pot shots for his first bad game in 2-3 months and staying quiet in between.

Most of our recent wins have been largely on the back of Durham, Caldwell and Merrett, Calders was probably our only clear winner tonight.

Carrying too many that are out of form, off the top of my head:

Langford (if he’s injured rest him)
Gresham
Wright
Perkins (has been awful for a month at least)
Martin is down, gets heaps of it but burns it
Menzie isn’t up to it
McKay has been ordinary for 4-5 weeks
Ridley apart from Richmond game is finding his feet again

That’s a 3rd of the team either battling or completely out of form.

Make a selection statement

We had Scad Brott in the coaches box and Essington on the field. Who would’ve thought long kicks into the fwd 50 wouldn’t work against Geelong? FMD And our backline was trash, with maybe a pass mark to McGrath.

You just know the rest of the season will be 2023 revisited. I’ve seen this movie before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ess have to be a flimsy top 4 side. I’m disappointed with that performance as many are.
No excuses Ess not travelling now except for one game. First half of season has been great but it will quickly fall apart if they lose focus.

Defensive effort wasn’t there second half. They didnt stay mentally present in this game and it cost them. They look tired and this for me is the performance I see usually after a bye.
At this stage not looking anywhere near beating Coll or Melb.

Caldwell bog for Ess.

Its not just the Draper arm chop and the rushed behind.

Its the holding the ball against Stringer and Ridley despite neither having prior, and then Stewart and Bowes take on tackles and drop the ball cold with no free all in the same quarter.

Its a free against Hind for a throw in our forward pocket but then 20 seconds later Dangerfield throws it over his head and leads to a goal. It was literally two different sets of rules.
The suspension let off earlier in the week backs up this statement to. Lol

Agree. But he’s not helping us play finals in the next few years. He needs to hang up the boots at years end.

Bullshit he has been poor for a month. Thats a nonsense you are making up to justify taking pot shots for his first bad game in 2-3 months and staying quiet in between.

He’s had a poor 3-4 weeks. Before that he’d been really good.

The whole backline was crap. In fact I thought we defended okay in the middle of the ground for most of the night.

Laverde, Menzie and Redman were all as bad/worse than Heppell imo.

We had Scad Brott in the coaches box and Essington on the field. Who would’ve thought long kicks into the fwd 50 wouldn’t work against Geelong? FMD And our backline was trash, with maybe a pass mark to McGrath.

You just know the rest of the season will be 2023 revisited. I’ve seen this movie before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think there’s only ever 3 possible options - ie, the pinnacle, 2019 (make an elim and get smashed), 2023 (fall apart mid-season and finish 10 - 14), or 2022 (bottom 4). I’m banking on 2023 again 🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy RND 16: Loss To The Pussies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back