AFL Autopsy RND 16: Loss To The Pussies

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not just the Draper arm chop and the rushed behind.

Its the holding the ball against Stringer and Ridley despite neither having prior, and then Stewart and Bowes take on tackles and drop the ball cold with no free all in the same quarter.

It’s a free against Hind for a throw in our forward pocket but then 20 seconds later Dangerfield throws it over his head and leads to a goal. It was literally two different sets of rules.
Spot on.

No doubt the following will be out celebrating with Geelong tonight :
Nicholas Brown (13), Brendan Hosking (16), Jacob Mollison (32), Martin Rodger (37)
The same mollison who paid Sydney 15-0 against us. Would be curious of the numbers paid this game by that waste of skin.

He’s had a poor 3-4 weeks. Before that he’d been really good.

The whole backline was crap. In fact I thought we defended okay in the middle of the ground for most of the night.

Laverde, Menzie and Redman were all as bad/worse than Heppell imo.

Agree, awful backline tonight, no winners there at all. McGrath maybe the exception.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m not one to complain about umpiring generally because it makes you look like a classless campaigner but tonight I am happy to make an exception.

The third quarter was the worst display of umpiring I have ever seen. All momentum disappeared as a result.

We're arguably the worst top 4 team at this point of a season in quite a while. Only team in the top 11 with a % below 100, so-so performances against some of the worst teams in the league, horrible record vs. top 8 teams. Had the opportunity to make a statement tonight and we squibbed it. We ****ing stink.

We're arguably the worst top 4 team at this point of a season in quite a while. Only team in the top 11 with a % below 100, so-so performances against some of the worst teams in the league, horrible record vs. top 8 teams. Had the opportunity to make a statement tonight and we squibbed it. We ****ing stink.
Ross Lyon says the ladder doesn’t lie tho.

I would argue against using the word ‘arguably’ 😊

The first half was a good fight. I felt like we were on top and should have been further ahead at the break based in field position and control of the play.

Third quarter, we didn't seem to come out switched on. Then, the 10 minutes of umpiring madness and all sense of a contest was gone.

Dissapointing last quarter. We lost all structure, and they ran off us. The scoreboard position gave them the right to attack us, and we didn't match it.

Pretty flat. It felt like a good opportunity to shake some demons, instead they consume us once again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first half was a good fight. I felt like we were on top and should have been further ahead at the break based in field position and control of the play.

Third quarter, we didn't seem to come out switched on. Then, the 10 minutes of umpiring madness and all sense of a contest was gone.

Dissapointing last quarter. We lost all structure, and they ran off us. The scoreboard position gave them the right to attack us, and we didn't match it.

Pretty flat. It felt like a good opportunity to shake some demons, instead they consume us once again.
one of the most frustrating things about the last? bar the occasional Danger magic's I wassail wannabes who were making us look pedestrian

heartbreaking we let I happen and couldn't stop it

We targeted Petwr Weight who has claws for hands .
To be fair, Wright was the only legitimate target for the majority of entries. Langford and Stringer didn't seem to be interested in giving a lead, Jones was usually behind the ball at this point and I have no idea where Draper or Goldy were.

To be fair, Wright was the only legitimate target for the majority of entries. Langford and Stringer didn't seem to be interested in giving a lead, Jones was usually behind the ball at this point and I have no idea where Draper or Goldy were.
Yeah, I’m not going too hard on him but it would be nice if he stuck a few more marks because he is getting his hands to them. It was pretty slippery out there. He at least creates a contest and brings the ball to ground.

Its not just the Draper arm chop and the rushed behind.

Its the holding the ball against Stringer and Ridley despite neither having prior, and then Stewart and Bowes take on tackles and drop the ball cold with no free all in the same quarter.

Its a free against Hind for a throw in our forward pocket but then 20 seconds later Dangerfield throws it over his head and leads to a goal. It was literally two different sets of rules.
one of my best mates is a **** head Cats supporter and simply points to the total free kicks for:against

its not that, its what you've said above. The missed ones, the given ones. They literally had 4 shots on goal in he third directly from bullshit free kicks bu lets not talk about that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back