Preview Rnd 6 - Carlton v Sydney Saturday 29th April 2.10PM @ MCG - Team post #802

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love to see Cunningham get a game. Played well today and has been consistent across the pre-season and early AFL games.

While I'm not a big fan I'd consider giving Graham a go. Played tough and hard today and actually kicked well.

If you read the Swans board right now a couple of them think we're gonna beat them. They clearly didn't watch Friday night. Having said that they are rattled and so this is an opportunity for our guys to show some heart.

Anyway, ins: Krooz, Cunningham, Graham or Smedts (not both)

Outs: Phillips, Matt Wright (who is out of form) and Simon White

Of course Murph may not play.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Phillips/Kreuzer swap a no-brainer. If Murph misses then Graham has to come in and play big midfield minutes–last chance to show he has it.
Smedts, Cuningham, Kerridge will be in the mix. Think we'll see a 1st year player or two being rested as this is a super winnable game on current form. Daisy to play VFL.

Also have a feeling Harry will have one more week in the VFL and debut against the Pies in round 7... we'll see!

If I was to pick our strongest potential team this week..

Bring in Graham for Wright. 0 goals for 3 weeks and doesn't contribute enough elsewhere.

Cuningham in for Pickett. Same as above.

Smedts for Polson. Offers a bit more at this stage.

Kruezer in for Phillips

Jacksch in for Weitering. Only due to Weitering looking ready for a break.

Possibly Jones for Macreadie as an option to play on buddy..

Plowman Rowe White
Cuningham Marchbank Simpson
Murphy Cripps williamson
Silvagni Casboult Charlie
SPS Jacksch Smedts

Kruezer Gibbs Docherty

Fisher Graham Jones Ed

Side note: how much of a gun is Williamson! Averaging 16 disposals a game for a bloke who could virtually still be playing TAC cup. If recall correctly, the only knock on him pre-draft was his low possession count? Seems to have already put that one to bed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone who wanted to play all the kids from the start of the season saw what happens when there are no mature/experienced players to help them out, this is why we have Kerridge, Thomas, Graham, Smedts and Palmer. 2-3 of those need to play every week for a fair chunk of this season.

Everyone who wanted to play all the kids from the start of the season saw what happens when there are no mature/experienced players to help them out, this is why we have Kerridge, Thomas, Graham, Smedts and Palmer. 2-3 of those need to play every week for a fair chunk of this season.

The MC wanted to play them.

I was surprised that we were rolling them out so quickly, expecting more of a gap between the introduction of debutantes, but we took the chance.
Malthouse on radio yesterday felt it may not be the right way to go, but I'm not too worried any more.

I get the impression these guys can wear a beating without getting too down or flustered about it.
There will be change this week though, but at least the changes will be warranted for form.

I hope Cuningham gets a game
Buckley in defence and Docherty on the ball
McKay would be tempting
Kruezer in for Phillips
Weitering in defence and Rowe up forward

The MC wanted to play them.

I was surprised that we were rolling them out so quickly, expecting more of a gap between the introduction of debutantes, but we took the chance.
Malthouse on radio yesterday felt it may not be the right way to go, but I'm not too worried any more.

I get the impression these guys can wear a beating without getting too down or flustered about it.
There will be change this week though, but at least the changes will be warranted for form.
I'm guessing they weren't planning to roll them out so quickly until the debutantes fared better than expected. The positive is some are looking a little tired rather than overwhelmed.

I'm guessing they weren't planning to roll them out so quickly until the debutantes fared better than expected. The positive is some are looking a little tired rather than overwhelmed.

Gamble that didn't work out but would have one or two of Graham, Smedts, Buckley, Plamer, Kerridge have really made any difference?

There'll be a lot of talk as to what we're doing is right or wrong, but we just can't make an informed call from here.
I still think they're ballsy and for that alone; Well done.

I quite like Rowe up forward, he's not going to kick many goals but he is just a brute, won't lose one on ones and gives us an out to kick long too. Weitering down back permantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back