• Sam Banks

• Seth Campbell

• Ben Miller

• Jacob Blight

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

hawks with a trash list are 1.5 games off of 3rd spot

I know we had injuries but whats wrong with our mob
That's called work rate , which we don't have at the moment. With our lack of fitness, when we cant finish out games Also our skills are below par & as for our tackling no words can describe that.

The cupboard is pretty bare in the VFL so there aren’t many we can bring in.
In: Prestia, Green
Out: Martin (they were resting him this game or next anyway), Graham
Did you watch the VFL game? Gray and Coulthard were really good ... Green's goals were created by the work of others including Dow and Cumberland but great to see him straighten up and kick them himself.

Campbell, Short, Graham probably our worst ... all 3.should be in the VFL this week

Am starting to agree with many that Bolton, Baker and Short would look better as 2024 first round draft picks

Don't agree that Blight's fantastic debut means Balta should be a forward ... I think it means we should be okay with trading Vlastuin

First game I've got to live for a while. Some good signs but also boy are some of the old guard just lazy and useless now.

Was really obvious overall how poor our skills and decision making are for the level. Sure we got beat at the contest a bit but you expect that given the respective positions of clubs but watching our older guys kick to 2 on 1's against and go inside to a 50/50 when we have guys clean open on the outside is below VFL level.

A lot to like about today despite the result.
Probably the best game I've seen from Sonsie. Cracked in under pressure and despite making a few blues early, a big step forward for me. Koschitzche had a game I would be happy to hang my hat on. Still double grabs marks but cracked in hard and kicked nicely. Blight is no doubt AFL standard, excellent pick up. We were clearly outclassed but the boys had a genuine crack.

Also, I know that Balta is clearly a natural gun defender, but......what if he became a gun forward? I know the easy option is to leave him back but.........

I’m sorry but Balta is a defender and a damn good one. You don’t make a side great by robbing defence to bolster attack. What we need is new attacking blood and leaving our defence strong. We might not win games with our remaining firepower, but we will lose by less by having a strong defence and that is half the battle. We need to draft attackers and bite the bullet on Lynch - great player but 4 games in each of the last 2 seasons is not what we need from our key forward, and certainly not for the salary he is getting. I can see a lot of departures at season’s end as some of our champions retire and the deadwood is culled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out- vlaustin- broad - short- Graham
Martin- sonsie
In- tresize-- green,- Coulthard- Smith Cumberland - grey

B- smith-- miller-- tresize
Hb- mansell - blight-- brown
C- hugo- Hopper-- banks
Hf- green-- grey-- Baker
Ff- Coulthard- kozi- rioli
R- nank - tarranto-mcaullife
Inter- balta-Cumberland- Campbell kmac
Bolton

The thing that shits me cumbo makes a few mistakes and he gets dropped and that’s fair enough
While Graham and short make way more numerous mistakes every game and they are untouchable yze is not sending a good message to the senior players thats why they are coasting and have checked out they know they will be in the team next week

A 10-goal loss to Carlton. Yet when they were collecting and we were winning flags, the biggest we won by was 43 points.

I will never accept a coach saying “we don’t win by 10 goals” ever again. The next time we’re good, I want us to crush teams without hesitation like they crush us. It’s so unbelievably frustrating.
Agree. I know I can hark back to 1980, but you could tell that year that we were going to smash the Pies in the GF (and by a record margin). We were sailing through that season and winning by record margins against our oppo's nearly every week. Then you will have someone say that the Pies were just getting over the line last year, yet win the granny. I'm in the Eat 'em Alive camp.

Thought Blight had a great game, just needs time to build his tank. Great size and reads the play well. Miller had a very good game on Curnow? Curnow was owned by him.

Baker, Bolton, Short, Graham - all fell way short when pressure was applied and didn’t lift when needed.

I wanted to keep Baker and Bolton - until today. Bolton especially has so much talent but goes missing too often and makes poor decisions.

Good games from Taranto and Hopper, Rioli and Vlaustin and for a half, McIntosh. Good experience for the kids but some of them are looking a bit tired.
It's a sad indictment on the senior players like Bolton, Short & Graham when a MSD pick comes in for his debut game and shows them up. They should be embarrassed. But guess what, the MC will still select them next week, so it's an indictment on the MC as well.

Back