• Nathan Broad

• Tyler Sonsie

• Sam Banks

• Seth Campbell

• Ben Miller

• Jacob Blight

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Concerning we are getting smashed every week in the midfield given that looks our strongest area on paper at the moment. We look to have found one in Blight and the improvement in Ralphsmith, Campbell and the like is noticeable week to week. Sharpen up the midfield and get some troops back and i don't reckon the club is in too bad of shape
It’s actually not where we’re smashed considering we were sq on clearances and -6 contested , we broke down across HF , was absolute $&$& garbage our inability to compete

It’s actually not where we’re smashed considering we were sq on clearances and -6 contested , we broke down across HF , was absolute $&$& garbage our inability to compete
Felt like we were getting smashed. Maybe it looks worse when the oppos just walk the ball out of the middle. An optical illusion perhaps. Without Hopper or Tarranto in there it could have been nasty

This. Every team has turnovers but most happen kicking long to a wing or bombing forward. Ours happen in the corridor as we're flooding forward. Completely unforced duff kicks or handballs directed straight to oppo. It's basically a locked in goal back the other way every time. Not only does it hurt on the scoreboard it breaks the players spirits. You know who the culprits are.
Trouble is we need to be taking the game on by doing this, most of our players just lack the ability
Worst is Short as this is what he is supposed to be doing.
Would like to see the ball in Browns hands more coming out of the defensive 50

You’d love to be a HBF playing v our blokes , time and again we win the clearance ,,, oh gee wait to I put the kettle on and boil an egg meanwhile there supernatural opponent reads it like a book , intercept dusted

Get grayzor into the side at least he ll compete in the air across HF
Yeah we have zero marking power in our FW50 with Lynch out and Balta in defence.

Felt like we were getting smashed. Maybe it looks worse when the oppos just walk the ball out of the middle. An optical illusion perhaps. Without Hopper or Tarranto in there it could have been nasty
I think your right, statistically we might look ok here, but it's when the oppo break out of the middle 2, 3, 4 times in quick succession and goal breaking the game open, this is what makes it look like we get dominated and we do in bad patches which kill the game.
Add to that the forward movement and entries we have as the last poster mentioned and the killer turnovers we make and it adds up to a big loss.

We lead them in clearances for a while but you wouldn’t know coz our dopey players take 5min to react to an incoming ball while their opponents must be best of all time to just simply pic it off like cherry’s off a tree

I think it’s about quality of what we do when we win it. Their midfielders are so much better at either breaking free of congestion or using handball to get someone clear. Then their midfielders just kick better. Hopper and Taranto and even Bolton can’t hit targets.
Really a common issue generally. We just don’t have the kicking skills to maintain possession consistently.

Equally depressing as the result was watching those Mark Coughlan highlights pre-game (see below) diving head first into oppos knees and coming away with a contested ball. He was on his way to becoming a 5 time Jack Dyer medallist if not for injury.

Great video.

But now I'm really sad. He was such a gun, and could have been anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lead them in clearances for a while but you wouldn’t know coz our dopey players take 5min to react to an incoming ball while their opponents must be best of all time to just simply pic it off like cherry’s off a tree
Just havent got enough natural forwards. We load our forward line with small defenders with no goal sense, evasiveness or aerial ability.
At least Toce has acknowledged this by drafting an attacking marking forward in Grey. It's a start.

Concerning we are getting smashed every week in the midfield given that looks our strongest area on paper at the moment. We look to have found one in Blight and the improvement in Ralphsmith, Campbell and the like is noticeable week to week. Sharpen up the midfield and get some troops back and i don't reckon the club is in too bad of shape
Most weeks our midfield is either Prestia and kids, or Taranto and kids. We haven't had a full compliment since R1. Been a shizer year for injuries. But we have learnt a lot about our list.

SPOT ON. sadly I noticed Jack Graham picked up 5 or 6 very nice easy uncontested possessions once the heat went out of the game in the last and used it ok. but when the game was up for grabs he was too slow and coughed it up and gave away free kicks by being late or too clumsy.
Agree. He is slow and it impacts everything does, too late to contests, has to kick at his top speed coz he is under pressure from faster Oppo. He is not going to get any quicker. Game has gone past him. Not sure when his contract expires but we will probably extend it - fd has lot the plot.

Equally depressing as the result was watching those Mark Coughlan highlights pre-game (see below) diving head first into oppos knees and coming away with a contested ball. He was on his way to becoming a 5 time Jack Dyer medallist if not for injury.

wouldnt suit our style today

I think it’s about quality of what we do when we win it. Their midfielders are so much better at either breaking free of congestion or using handball to get someone clear. Then their midfielders just kick better. Hopper and Taranto and even Bolton can’t hit targets.
Really a common issue generally. We just don’t have the kicking skills to maintain possession consistently.
Not too many centre clearances are lace out , let’s be honest 2-3 a game

Held them for a half then Yze handed out the Cuban cigars and brandy in Dimma's old locker,leftovers from the dynasty.
Onwards and upwards,some juice draft picks coming unless the CFL rort our club again with another rule change.
The World famous Richmond envy from SEN also.
Go on home SEN media,go on home.

The "Fairtrade for Bolton" match ... Shai should be up for this one!

As a package, have look at Sam Sturt but the trade has to come with a plus. That plus is the Dockers Strength and Conditioning Team or

Sturt plus (Softpies) first round.

Without Hopper or Tarranto in there it could have been nasty
This is my point Waca they were there and they were hopeless. TT is a horrible user of the ball by hand or foot and creates more problems than adding to the team. I saw Hopper with my own eyes burst 3 times out of congestion take at least 3 steps not look and turn it straight over by foot without looking.
Both of these guys are terrible footballers and they have diabolical skills that will continue to kill us for years to come. people have to understand that when we possess the ball we must use it effectively. Embarrassingly we have no less than a dozen players that are shocking kicks and cant handball either. It is literally unbelievable how badly skilled we are. You cannot win many games of AFL with the players we have.

Back