Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

27K 9H 12M 2T 2.2 in a losing side at Port's bogey ground.

And he had time to make a young fan's day before the game.

Haven't seen him play that well in midfield before. Not just winning the ball and kicking well but really good physical stuff as well. He's clearly been working on his craft and it shows. If he stays focused he'll be an asset.

Glad I saw him as a genuine utility in 2017 . Got shot down at the time but I can pick em . See a midfielder in Farrell too in the future if anyone believes me that’s another story but check in ‘24

Houston was a no brainer but I don't see any AFL position for Farrell let alone the ability to play many roles

but yes, let's check in 2 years

If this is the birth of Dan Houston the midfielder, from the dependable halfbackman, very exciting. Great performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supreme all over the ground - if you could clone one player you would have Houston on the half back flank, running through the centre, and as your attacking mid size forward (noting he was a full forward in his junior days) . So much hype around so many others who continue to underwhelm whereas Houston just continues to get the job done. Should be first picked every week in my book.

Houston working out that the forward line is ass and becoming the forward line himself by pinging everything at goal when in range was alpha as fu**
Our new forward strategy should just be kick long bombs straight over Ken's cluster****.

Haven't seen him play that well in midfield before. Not just winning the ball and kicking well but really good physical stuff as well. He's clearly been working on his craft and it shows. If he stays focused he'll be an asset.
I don’t think he went “home” over the preseason. If he plays like that all year he’s an AA for sure. - and if he plays like that next week I’m putting $5 for a Brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back