Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd argue North is a better medium term prospect than Melbourne. They'll be competitive within 2 years imo.
everyone keeps saying this but they are on the same wins with a lower percentage than last year. Not sure what all the North hype is about, apparently now they are good enough to entice Butters home with a godfather deal. Lol they're still a basketcase in my opinion.

Melbourne are the new Norf.
They’re the crappiest.
What on earth are you on about? North are on track for a worse season than last year. Melbourne have won 7 more games than them and have been decimated with injuries to key players.

Yeah there 2021 best is unlikely to be rediscovered but i can see them still being around the mark.

North are overrated trash.

What on earth are you on about? North are on track for a worse season than last year. Melbourne have won 7 more games than them and have been decimated with injuries to key players.

Yeah there 2021 best is unlikely to be rediscovered but i can see them still being around the mark.

North are overrated trash.
Melbourne are on the way down,everything is turning shyt.

Melbourne are a good old fashioned get together BBQ, nabbing Houston with draft picks and picking up a couple of disgruntled midfielders from other Vic teams away from being back in business. But it could go the other way.

everyone keeps saying this but they are on the same wins with a lower percentage than last year. Not sure what all the North hype is about, apparently now they are good enough to entice Butters home with a godfather deal. Lol they're still a basketcase in my opinion.
Post playing us they have been far more competitive. They've won 3 out of 10 games and lost another 3 by less than a kick. If you've watched any of their recent games they don't look half as shit as last season.

I spoke to my source last night and he still saying media BS.
I told him that there's to much smoke something must be going on.
I said i wouldn't rule out Richmond being involved they will have multiple picks after their trades
Time will tell
At the moment, mate, it's your source 1 and Chewy's source 0.

Tom Morris reporting Houston's management has been told to find a club that will offer 2 x first round picks as Melbourne were prepared to do.

Otherwise

films generation GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Morris reporting Houston's management has been told to find a club that will offer 2 x first round picks as Melbourne were prepared to do.

Otherwise

films generation GIF
Good to hear the club currently has a backbone when it comes to holding players to contracts.

Oh and Morris said Melbourne were prepared to hand over this year's first and next year's first. None of this two picks in the teens nonsense.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out Dan gotta say ive changed my opinion on you !
this situation has pissed me off
port seen the talent in you and gave you a chance at afl and gave you a decent extension now with our team in a good position to finish the year well this sh*t keeps surfacing go chase all the dollars your after hopefully the team you land at finishes last next year grass isn't always greener matey!!

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out Dan gotta say ive changed my opinion on you !
port seen the talent in you and gave you a chance at afl and gave you a decent extension now with our team in a good position to finish the year well this sh*t keeps surfacing go chase all the dollars your after hopefully the team you land at finishes last next year grass isn't always greener matey!!
Dont google Willie Rioli youre gonna be very disappointed

BLOODY WELL SAID.

At the moment, mate, it's your source 1 and Chewy's source 0.

Just because he's getting cold feet on Melbourne doesn't mean he's staying at Port. He still wants to get back to Victoria. The issue is finding a club willing to pay the price (two first round picks). Melbourne were willing to do it and that's why Houston's agent steered him in that direction.

I personally think Port should make an effort to bring his girlfriend out here for the next few years. If my mail is correct, she's currently working in admin - not exactly a job that requires you to be in the office in today's paperless society.

But if they can get the two first rounders, he's out of here.

This has certainly escalated quickly.

Melbourne always seemed an odd choice but there's generally reasons why players pick certain teams that none of us are privy to.

Will be interesting to see how it eventuates from here.
Interested in why you’re not considering that Houston’s girlfriend is from a Carlton family. Wouldn’t the Carlton connection be stronger than Melbourne?

*Houston has become an AA backman, but is on a low-ball contract
It is probably not what he is now worth but it must have been in the ballpark of what all parties thought he was worth if he signed a long-ish term deal. There is no guarantee he doesn't have a drop off near the end of his contract.

Interested in why you’re not considering that Houston’s girlfriend is from a Carlton family. Wouldn’t the Carlton connection be stronger than Melbourne?

The teams players supported or have family members affiliated with really doesn't play much more than an extremely minor role when players are choosing which team to play for.

It only becomes a story when the dollars and cents make sense, then it's a great PR story.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back