Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Appeal as far as legally possible if he cops a suspension. Use it to highlight the utter mess the AFL has created around the bump.
I'm 100% with this but what could we possibly argue? It was a late frontal bump , didn't have to hit him in the head but was high enough to force his head to whiplash into turf...? careless is about right , I'm not sure what we could do to get it down other then maybe week off the suspension for the good bloke clause. The optics of it were terrible and the media have hung him already.

Ok here is the bit I don't understand.

If the bump is still legal, and that is a bump to the chest, why is it even cited?
It was more or less pretty much a bump into his clavicle, it's high and whatever outcome occured for Rankine after that Houston's responsible for, purely because he elected to bump. You don't have to get them directly in the head for it to be illegal.
It shouldn't be anymore than 3 weeks I reckon. It'll be 5 though.

It was more or less pretty much a bump into his clavicle, it's high and whatever outcome occured for Rankine after that Houston's responsible for, purely because he elected to bump. You don't have to get them directly in the head for it to be illegal.
It shouldn't be anymore than 3 weeks I reckon. It'll be 5 though.
If it is proven he did not make high contact, then he did not make prohibited contact, therefore 18.3.3 applies.

So it's at least three. We're not getting less than that. But three leaves it open to the AFL to give him a decent suspension without ruling him out of a Grand Final. If it was a big Vic club we all know that's exactly what they'd do. Will they do it for us? Probably not, but let's see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King thinks we can't win it without Houston and that he should have been sent off 🤣🤣🤣

What have we done to this guy?

He thinks he's our 4th best ..
Personally I wouldn't have him before JHF, Butters, Rozee, Allir and even Wines in current form.
Huddo called for the send-off.

King thinks we can't win it without Houston and that he should have been sent off 🤣🤣🤣

What have we done to this guy?

He thinks he's our 4th best ..
Personally I wouldn't have him before JHF, Butters, Rozee, Allir and even Wines in current form.
Seriously who cares what that bloke thinks. He also said we wouldn't make finals about 6 weeks ago.

As the jubilation and excitement from yesterday's win has worn off, it's dawned on me how much we're going to miss him over the next few weeks. We simply don't have a substitute who can remotely bring what he does. His absence will also have a domino effect on so many other team members, especially someone like Kane Farrell who the opposition defensive forwards can invest more time in. If it proves to be his last game as a Port Adelaide player, it will be a real shame. Remember how devastated he looked in the change rooms after the 2020 prelim loss. He's been an excellent player for our club, and seems like a genuinely good bloke.

It doesn't really matter , it's still "front on contact" with undue care causing concussion. Minimum 4 weeks and yes it's a joke I agree.
Key part of the front on contact rule is that the player who is hit must have his head over the football. Rankine didn’t. To me, it then goes to rule 18.3.3 given the ball was less than 5 metres away. It’s a legal bump.

These are the things our counsel needs to be arguing at the Tribunal and at any subsequent appeals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back