Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol…
According to you S Hayes was the next messiah in coming.

I’ll take my opinion and disagree with yours.
Yeh!
You think McKay having kicked 46 goals and 20 behinds this year is 'my opinion'?

He is 100% going, guys lol. It’s just a question what we get. Given the emergence of logan evans I think it’s good business honestly.
Yup, when you get a youngster coming through you ship out the 29 year olds for picks.

We have failed to do this too often in the past.

It takes a little longer than bottoming out, but it’s the best method for constant renewal.

Yup, when you get a youngster coming through you ship out the 29 year olds for picks.

We have failed to do this too often in the past.

It takes a little longer than bottoming out, but it’s the best method for constant renewal.
Ridiculous, Houston is elite. Evans looks like he will be very very good, but players like Houston are as rare as hens teeth.

His ball use is on another planet

Ridiculous, Houston is elite. Evans looks like he will be very very good, but players like Houston are as rare as hens teeth.

His ball use is on another planet

Yes, that’s why we’ll get two good picks for him.

One of them works out and we are up.

Kind of how the rinse and repeat method works. It’s the method used in baseball and gridiron.

It’s how teams remain contenders instead of bottoming out.

You think McKay having kicked 46 goals and 20 behinds this year is 'my opinion'?

I don’t think he fits into the team when we have other forwards to develop.
(Mitch, Marshall, Lord, and Scully)
Plus there’s SPP to come back into the side next season…
So why trade for another pissblaster?
It’s not happening.

That’s my opinion….

Kind of how the rinse and repeat method works. It’s the method used in baseball and gridiron.

You don't trade your aces.

We have 5

Aliir aliir
Houston
JHF
Butters
Rozee

You can trade the others to do exactly what you said, but you don't trade the aces, as it's extremely unlikely you replace them adequately.

Houston is a top 5 rated player in the AFL (Champion Data), and he's consistently in the top 10 over the past few seasons.

We have 5

Aliir aliir
Houston
JHF
Butters
Rozee

You can trade the others to do exactly what you said, but you don't trade the aces, as it's extremely unlikely you replace them adequately.

Houston is a top 5 rated player in the AFL (Champion Data), and he's consistently in the top 10 over the past few seasons.

Yes, you do. You trade ones you can do without for prospects. It’s usually pitchers in baseball as clubs carry a lot of them, being a HB factory would be a fantastic plan if we are doing it intentionally as you can draft one with one pick and a KPP chance with another pick, rinse and repeat.

We’ve stacked up on Half backs to be able to do this.

Not sure we’ve done it intentionally though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If one of those late first round picks ends up being a Dan Houston level player that will be well above the mean.

It's also how you end up being perennial finalists without ever peaking to a flag. Eventually you have to push all your chips in.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have 5

Aliir aliir
Houston
JHF
Butters
Rozee

Houston would have been in the bottom 2 paid players in the All-Australian Team last year. Only one who would come close to being paid less is Wilkie.

If one of those late first round picks ends up being a Dan Houston level player that will be well above the mean.

It's also how you end up being perennial finalists without ever peaking to a flag. Eventually you have to push all your chips in.

No you don’t.

Interesting Development Just In ----> St Kilda are now in the RACE for him!

St Kilda holds Picks 7, 24, 43

“There’s the possibility that he remains at Port, but with the Melbourne door closing they’ve been looking at other avenues.

“One of those avenues is absolutely St Kilda. There has been conversations between club and player here. My understanding is Houston has a level of interest in getting to Moorabbin.

“As things stand, he is one to watch when it comes to St Kilda’s trade period.”

There has been talk of them getting a first round comp pick for battle as well, which would give them 7 and 8. I can’t see that happening, but they might end up with an end of first too.

Either way it works to get at least 1 top 10 pick this year and something else substantial.

“There’s the possibility that he remains at Port, but with the Melbourne door closing they’ve been looking at other avenues.

“One of those avenues is absolutely St Kilda. There has been conversations between club and player here. My understanding is Houston has a level of interest in getting to Moorabbin.

Sam Edmund vs C4[2]Yo`DooR is the real finals series

8 and Mathias.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back