Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Port has to keep insisting on two 1st round picks and not waver.

Don’t know if you know whether Dan doesn’t want to see Port short changed in a trade deal. That he wants to do the right thing by the club

I think the only way they relinquish on the 2 first round picks is if they are getting a good deal on another trade which results in the net gain being equivalent to 2 first rounders for Houston.

No idea about the short change stuff. I tend to be fairly cynical about these things and believe players care most about getting to the destination of choice and they don't really care how it happens.

Clearly it wasn't 100% then.

It was a done deal until the Petracca stuff reared its head. I don't think many could have foreseen that happening - Port certainly didn't expect it.

It was a done deal until the Petracca stuff reared its head. I don't think many could have foreseen that happening - Port certainly didn't expect it.
Was it Houston's decision to not proceed?

If so, finding another suitor that matches all of the criteria of being located in Melbourne, contending, willing to pay his preferred salary and willing to pay Port's ransom of 2x 1st rounders seems unlikely.

I think you and I have a very different understanding of what “100%” and “done deal” actually mean.

Was it Houston's decision to not proceed?

If so, finding another suitor that matches all of the criteria of being located in Melbourne, contending, willing to pay his preferred salary and willing to pay Port's ransom of 2x 1st rounders seems unlikely.

Dan Houston has made a public statement that he is staying put at Alberton what more is there to be said? Why persist with a debate in which there is nothing to see?

Dan Houston has made a public statement that he is staying put at Alberton what more is there to be said? Why persist with a debate in which there is nothing to see?
It is not a debate to ask why the deal is now shut down. It is clarifying why it did.

It is also not a debate to say a team that meets all of the criteria coming along seems unlikely, just an observation.

tbh I'd rather he goes now, for the right-ish deal.

At no stage has Dan Houston or his agent or the Port Adelaide Football Club made any public statement that Dan Houston wants to return to Victoria or that he will be traded for two first round draft picks. On the contrary we now have a public statement from Dan in which he clearly states that he is happy at Alberton and that he has a three year contract. Dan also asks why he would want to trade back to Victoria when he has three years of a contract to run? That is good enough for me.

There are people who post on these pages who would sooner believe the unsubstantiated garbage they hear on SEN or Foxtel rather than what they hear straight from the player's mouth. These same people consistently can the media for their opinions yet they hang on every word these dickheads say.

Dan is staying until he says otherwise and as I posted elsewhere- thanks Dan Houston for showing faith in the Port Adelaide Football Club.

It is not a debate to ask why the deal is now shut down. It is clarifying why it did.

It is also not a debate to say a team that meets all of the criteria coming along seems unlikely, just an observation.

tbh I'd rather he goes now, for the right-ish deal.

and my point is how do you know there ever was any such deal? What irrefutable evidence is there that any such deal ever existed? Going by Dan Houston's statement the existence of any such deal is debatable.

There is every chance the supposed deal existed only in the minds of the arrogant Viccentric media who believe if you are a good player and born in Victoria you will automatically want to come back to Victoria.

and my point is how do you know there ever was any such deal? What irrefutable evidence is there that any such deal ever existed? Going by Dan Houston's statement the existence of any such deal is debatable.

There is every chance the supposed deal existed only in the minds of the arrogant Viccentric media who believe if you are a good player and born in Victoria you will automatically want to come back to Victoria.
1725088638316.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to be living in a rainbow fairy land if you think there was nothing to this story, managers leak, list managers leak & there's a motive for all of it. I won't believe Dan is staying until he says he's going nowhere in 6 weeks time.
I prefer living in leprechaun land 😂😂

Reading between the lines I wouldn’t be surprised if Zhouston was open to the idea of moving home , we looked at a swap with Kozzie or two first rounders , Melbourne we’re interested in the 2 first round option . Trouble was there was a stink coming from the Dee’s and Kozzie wasn’t keen either so it turned into dust .

Think he is staying, something has changed in last few days. Might just give it another year and try again perhaps.
Maybe he saw how much the club supported him with the tribunal report and now he misses out on a chance to play possibly a GF with Port. Maybe he wants another chance and can see where the club is headed?

I hope I’m in the branch of the universe where Houston stays and also the one where Port wins the GF
And we get one for him next year too.

I actually think its a net loss if he stays provided his worth and age. Genuinely think we miss out by not cashing in.

I’m not sure whether you are right, but I think there’s no one untradeable. If the price is right…

Being open to this possibility is not a bad thing.

If we could somehow get Kozi Pickett plus change out of the Houston trade I'd snap Melbourne's arm off. We've got other back flankers who can do 80% of what Dan does. At the other end of the Park we've got Rioli who can do what Kozi does, and that's it.

They made a big offer to Merrett but we're never in the box seat or anything of that nature.

Much more confident on the Perryman deal.
That’s not true. At the focus group the hierarchy thought Merrett was signed sealed delivered

I’m not sure whether you are right, but I think there’s no one untradeable. If the price is right…

Being open to this possibility is not a bad thing.
Do you trade JHF for potentially 3 JHF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back