Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Ports need a top 10 pick this year for it to be worth our while.
I think he wants to go. I think we are happy for him to go.
It’s just all about the trade details.
I really hope we don’t buckle and accept a future first (unless it’s Richmond) and a 2nd this year.

Futurama Ambivalence GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ports need a top 10 pick this year for it to be worth our while.
I think he wants to go. I think we are happy for him to go.
It’s just all about the trade details.
I really hope we don’t buckle and accept a future first (unless it’s Richmond) and a 2nd this year.
Pffttt.
Two firsts this year - one of them a top 7 or 8.
Otherwise bugger off!

Im not against it if its St Kilda. We should be able to nab pick 7 or 8 and something else like a 2nd rounder. We need to get back into the draft after the last 2 years and having no picks this year as well.

If theres any position you can cover it is most likely half back, with the emergence of players like Evans and Farrell i think we can cover him.

Don’t know why people keep saying “he’s just a halfback”

Are they living in 2003?

I expect this of Victorian fans who don’t watch us but from our own supporters it’s strange.

Houston spends most of his time between the arcs. As a team we often like to push defenders high, a lot of afl teams do this and have for a long time but Hinkley takes it to the extreme but more than anything with Houston.

He’s basically a midfielder playing behind the ball.

Some halfbacks are closer to the idea of a halfback that people might be thinking of, different players have different strengths and so on .. Houston isn’t that player.

If we lose him we aren’t replacing what we get from him. If that was a thing then why wouldn’t Carlton or melb just do the same for a lot cheaper than 2 1sts?

Like if there’s players outside our first 22 who can offer what Dan does why doesnt a club trade for them for half the price? If there’s players we can get to replace him outside our club currently why doesn’t a team just get them?

Having said that due to the fact he’s contracted for years and so obviously an elite player means we should get a bounty for him.

And we just have to try to minimise the drawback of losing him but covering at least a fraction of what we lose in the aggregate. Ie sinn hopefully fills 50% of the hole, Farrell steps up another 5% etc.

Ralph:
“Kozzy Pickett is driving back to Darwin as we speak. He’ll stop in at Adelaide and speak to his manager Peter Rohde ... he’s going nowhere,” Ralph said on Fox Footy’s On the Couch.

“He’s a bit homesick, as he always is. His younger sister lives in Melbourne, he’s there with his partner and young child.

“Ideally he’d love to have more Indigenous teammates and he doesn’t really have a home ... but he won’t be going anywhere.”

I wonder who he's visiting in Adelaide.

The first part of the quote doesn't seem to match the last.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m surprised no-one has commented on/connected the statement “Ideally he’d love to have more Indigenous teammates…”
Maybe this is one of the reasons Melbourne are so keen to get Dan to their club. Dan would have been in our indigenous program since he was drafted and worked with Pauly Vandenbergh (until he left) - I know that there is not a direct connection between the two but our players did & still do get involved with our indigenous programs. Yes, Dan did get a little wayward in the Covid period, but he has since settled & won All Australian Honours(23/24) & finished high in our B&F.
Maybe Dans value is more than just an exceptional hbf.

I’m surprised no-one has commented on/connected the statement “Ideally he’d love to have more Indigenous teammates…”
Maybe this is one of the reasons Melbourne are so keen to get Dan to their club. Dan would have been in our indigenous program since he was drafted and worked with Pauly Vandenbergh (until he left) - I know that there is not a direct connection between the two but our players did & still do get involved with our indigenous programs. Yes, Dan did get a little wayward in the Covid period, but he has since settled & won All Australian Honours(23/24) & finished high in our B&F.

Except Dan's not Aboriginal

1725502667992.png

I came in to say he's not Aboriginal or Torres Strait islander, but somebody beat me to it.

He might still want to have more indigenous team mates though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back