Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Hence why it made no sense that Kozzy wouldn't choose Port but instead Freo. Mind you, he's got his WA family probably a few hours drive from Fremantle, but he has family in SA, closer to NT and Port actually do stuff regarding indigenous in house at the club and up in NT... you'd "think" that alone would be what Kozzy wants, right? Plus the fact he has links to Port.

Baffling...

Only thing Melbourne does it play a game up in NT once a season. For what? Marketing? Let clubs who actually mean something up north do that.. like, again, Port.

Hence why it made no sense that Kozzy wouldn't choose Port but instead Freo. Mind you, he's got his WA family probably a few hours drive from Fremantle, but he has family in SA, closer to NT and Port actually do stuff regarding indigenous in house at the club and up in NT... you'd "think" that alone would be what Kozzy wants, right? Plus the fact he has links to Port.

Baffling...

Only thing Melbourne does it play a game up in NT once a season. For what? Marketing? Let clubs who actually mean something up north do that.. like, again, Port.

The whole thing that Pickett didn’t request a trade is bull in my opinion. Also the “family reasons “ for a move is mostly bull too, players aren’t really going to tell the truth , whether it be a better contract, conditions or just plain fact that they just want to gtfo of the hell hole.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The whole thing that Pickett didn’t request a trade is bull in my opinion. Also the “family reasons “ for a move is mostly bull too, players aren’t really going to tell the truth , whether it be a better contract, conditions or just plain fact that they just want to gtfo of the hell hole.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Seems Kozzy us just quiet in the sense of not voicing his concerns or anything. Maybe has felt he can't in that scenario? Who knows... but Ralph stating he is homesick is just plain wrong and a slap in Kozzys face. Some truths though with no real indigenous culture for him there although they may try to appease but it's not genuine IMO and saying he has no home? Like wtf.. lol..

Guaranteed he's said what he feels and wants to some extent but Melbourne club just brush it off and tell him what he should do... his manager is clearly useless and not for players but the club(s) and his pockets.

Unfortunately he signed a contract too long IMO... and that club clearly are the type to force players into things and say bad luck.

Might be a good club in some ways hence why he likes the club but clearly doesn't like Melbourne or Victoria and I don't blame him.

I also feel they do certain things behind closed doors to help his partner to try and keep them satisfied to stay... she seems like she wants to be involved in indigenous programs locally etc in council and what not but I'd say she and Kozzy could and would do more in SA and with Port. Guaranteed Port would have them involved in their programs especially up in NT

Dan Houston should become a mentor figure for Kozzi, then we can finally pick him up via the father/son rule

PS Love your avatar

It’s a textbook bump. It should have been lauded. Highlight heel stuff. “Bump of the Year” candidate. It was hard, but fair and on the ball.

Instead, it resulted in an absolute absurd 5-game suspension. The reasons: unlucky outcome; Port player; not famous (i.e. not Victorian enough).

Trade rumours continue to swirl around dual All-Australian star Dan Houston at Port Adelaide, despite comments late last month that publicly stated his allegiance to his club of nine years.
Speaking to Fox Footy’s On The Couch on Monday night, Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph made mention of Carlton’s want for the dashing defender in their side as of next year. “They’re very keen to get in front of Dan Houston, they know it will take potentially a first-rounder or more,” Ralph revealed.

Houston had previously been linked to the Melbourne Football Club, but that link was shut down a couple of weeks ago as a result of his on-air comments to Adelaide radio station FIVEaa. “Dan Houston would be a good pick up; he’s the type they need – the time is now,” Brisbane Lions champion Jonathan Brown added. “They’ve got Nic Newman I know, but he’s a bit of a sideways player, and isn’t as penetrating as a Dayne Zorko or Dan Houston.”

In terms of a cost for the Blues in a hypothetical trade, the asking price to begin with would be two first-rounders from the Power – the reported asking price of Melbourne when similar theories were reported around last month. “First-rounder and the rest, a little bit more than that I would have thought,” Collingwood legend Nathan Buckley added.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dan Houston: "I'm staying at Port"
Port: "If Dan Houston wants to leave we want two first round picks".
Media: "wIlL dAn hOusToN gEt tO /Victorian club/ fOr pIcK 11 oR wIlL tHeY hAvE tO tHroW iN tHeIr fOuRtH rOuNdEr"

When Dan Houston gets to really start his career when he gets to a Victorian club, I can’t wait to finally find out from James Brayshaw which school he went to.

Lol Jon Ralph

“They’re very keen to get in front of Dan Houston, they know it will take potentially a first-rounder or more,” Ralph revealed.

Potentially a first rounder?

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

I have heard the club is the one pushing him out - but who knows.
My view, based purely on what I've read, not what I know personally, is that the club isn't pushing him out per se, but are open to him moving if the price is right. Houston also has an inclination to head back to Vic but is close enough to the club to not want to tip the trade scales against Port.

So Houston is saying he wants to stay to both let Port have the upper hand, but also save face if no Vic club can satisfy a price.

Lol Jon Ralph

“They’re very keen to get in front of Dan Houston, they know it will take potentially a first-rounder or more,” Ralph revealed.

Potentially a first rounder?
Hey Ralphy - "In ya dreams, mate".

It'll take a lot more than that to seal any potential deal, you half-witted, smarmy, worthless piece of pelican poop.

Go back and have a better try at it.

Who?

Houston?

He's contracted 🤦

Yes.

Another 3-4 years he can walk to them in the draft.

Some of the deals that are going around or being suggested seem to forget that he’s under contract.

High end 1st and a low end 1st or he stays under contract.

Carlton can't do a deal at present.
Still thinking Saints likely or North who don't really need their 1st to make a serious offer.

I have heard the club is the one pushing him out - but who knows.
Nah ... Swimming against the tide there. Pretty much confirmed that this was started by his camp. But it seems clear now that the club is also willing to let it happen, as long as we get good recompense. One can see why ... Farrell is growing in stature, we have Sinn percolating in the background, and possibly getting some good talent coming in, add to that the good draft currency we get from him, and it becomes win/win if it goes ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back