Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to Lore for her great work with her future provisional picks thread each year, and this is who has what picks at end of Rd 24. After Week 1 Carlton's pick 11 stays the same and Gold Coast's pick 13 becomes pick 12 as they have the Bulldogs first round pick.

Basically we don't deal with anyone of the Vic clubs who has a pick after Carlton's 11. We ain't getting 2 first picks for him so the negations don't go any worse off pick, than 11.

View attachment 2107717

That's like Rik's hand in the Young Ones when they're playing strip poker, where people with an R in their name are only allowed one card - "one 3"

That's like Rik's hand in the Young Ones when they're playing strip poker, where people with an R in their name are only allowed one card - "one 3"
What I meant was a pick between 1 and 11 + something else.

As I wrote, we ain't getting 2 x 1st rounders for him, so a 2nd round pick is the something else and that value depends on what pick we get between 1 and 11.

What I meant was a pick between 1 and 11 + something else.

As I wrote, we ain't getting 2 x 1st rounders for him, so a 2nd round pick is the something else and that value depends on what pick we get between 1 and 11.

I was just commenting on Port's current position on Lore's table. I wonder if that's a record low number of draft points going into a trade/draft period.

So of the rumoured teams it’s:

Melb: pick 5
Stk: pick 7
Carl: pick 11

Geelong, Hawks are out with their other deals. Dogs don’t have a 1st, North ain’t giving up pick 2 and Essendon with pick 8 are the only other Vic team with a first this year.

Would any of Melb, StK, Carl do their first this year and F1 for Houston? Not sure they do without getting maybe our F2 back.

I’d be going hard at Phillipou with StKilda but have no interest in Carton or Melb B-graders.

Geelong, Hawks are out with their other deals. Dogs don’t have a 1st, North ain’t giving up pick 2 and Essendon with pick 8 are the only other Vic team with a first this year.

Would any of Melb, StK, Carl do their first this year and F1 for Houston? Not sure they do without getting maybe our F2 back.

I’d be going hard at Phillipou with StKilda but have no interest in Carton or Melb B-graders.

Saints - Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
Melbourne - Kozzy

That's literally all port should be asking. If not those 2 players then minimum 2 1st round picks.

I still.. can't fathom why Kozzy... someone who loves NT, loved at one stage, Port and was raised in his teens with Byron and port district... plus wants a home, allegedly and more indigenous players around him... why he doesn't firmly state he wants out and traded to Port 🤦 port is literally one of the only clubs realistically, that does indigenous programs etc especially up NT which you'd think him and his partner specifically would love to be involved and apart of. That, and the indigenous culture etc with Port. Makes no sense to me.

Talk directly to Kozzy with Melbourne fk wits in his ear and his manager and show him. Houston for Kozzy.

Use other players for draft capital.

Dogs will have Geelong’s first and future first. That would satisfy Port but they’re probably saving it for Butters next year.

Reckon Carlton can only get a deal done if they trade out Cerra, particularly if they are keen on keeping a first round pick.

I’d be ok with 11 + a F2 from a shit club (Tigers/North etc) + Lemmey. Ideally would like that 11 to be a bit higher 5-7 range, but think that offer would basically be best case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Carlton can only get a deal done if they trade out Cerra, particularly if they are keen on keeping a first round pick.

I’d be ok with 11 + a F2 from a shit club (Tigers/North etc) + Lemmey. Ideally would like that 11 to be a bit higher 5-7 range, but think that offer would basically be best case.
I’d be initially saying to Carlton, if they want to be considered that they’d need to upgrade that first pick to 5-7. Pick swaps. Players. Whatever. They can do the work.

Would also be saying to Houston he needs to be open minded, and that St Kilda would be much better to deal with, if he wants to get to Melbourne. He can party with Doogs again.

If Houston wants to go, 2 x top 10 picks minimum. Otherwise, no deal. We shouldn't accept anything in the teens. We are going to lose our best ball user in return a a couple of picks in the teens? No way.

If saints want Houston, they better cough up pick 7 and pick 8; assuming they get that for compensation for Josh Battle. He is contracted for another 3-4 years and is one of the best half-backs and a 2 x AA.

If Houston wants to go, 2 x top 10 picks minimum. Otherwise, no deal. We shouldn't accept anything in the teens. We are going to lose our best ball user in return a a couple of picks in the teens? No way.

If saints want Houston, they better cough up pick 7 and pick 8; assuming they get that for compensation for Josh Battle. He is contracted for another 3-4 years and is one of the best half-backs and a 2 x AA.
Who was the last player to get traded for 2 top 10 picks? Need the historians here

We went from being second in the top 8 to 6th in one game and now lowest of the remaining teams and Drew says they don’t know why the performance was so bad..oh boy.
JHF believes that poor preparation and training during the week was the reason why Port sucked.

If it takes a 3rd year player to identify that, what are the leaders doing?

I would probably settle for a high first and second this year and future second if 2 first rounders is out. Send a future 3rd or 4th round back.

Then maybe split the high first for 2 teen picks this year depending on who they are targeting and how deep the top talent goes in this draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Rookie Pick #45 (2015) - Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back