Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can interrupt the Teen Vogue meeting for a moment to discuss the actual game on March 20...

I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing CCJ, Goldy, Larkey and Xerri as long as we can rotate them through the bench and play to their individual strengths.

If we can interrupt the Teen Vogue meeting for a moment to discuss the actual game on March 20...

I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing CCJ, Goldy, Larkey and Xerri as long as we can rotate them through the bench and play to their individual strengths.
Shut up

We need a kindergarten sub forum for those members

I'm expecting Xerri to ruck the majority of the game as he did against Sydney. CCJ has shown he can be effective up forward, didn't he kick 4 once? Goldy will play there too, and he's usually good for a contested mark. I think Zurhaar can play like a tall forward if needed but he's better utilised as a medium forward, and we finally have the tall stocks to release him into that role.
I think similar. Noble seems a big fan of Xerri and Tristan has worked ridiculously hard this offseason. Glad Goldy has got an opportunity to spend some more time forward before he eventually retires.

Zurhaar needs to be used to push up the ground and then work back towards half-forward.

But normally to compensate for the lumbering Big Blokes a team needs more skilfull nippy agile blokes
But we don’t have them
We are going to end up with X Goldy Ccj Larks Walker Corr JZand Greenwood who seems as slow as Cunners if the Syd game is any indication
and I don’t think Taylor or Simpkin are what you would call fast

will have to play Bonar or Young who at least are athletic

Disappointed Chris Farley GIF
this skit is an all time great

Is that so?
seen plenty run past him say over 30 metres
not running a lap

Not to say that he's the best accelerator... but its difficult to criticise his athleticism.

Not to say that he's the best accelerator... but its difficult to criticise his athleticism.
He runs all day - has heart to keep pushing.
Obviously was still feeling off last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting Xerri to ruck the majority of the game as he did against Sydney. CCJ has shown he can be effective up forward, didn't he kick 4 once? Goldy will play there too, and he's usually good for a contested mark. I think Zurhaar can play like a tall forward if needed but he's better utilised as a medium forward, and we finally have the tall stocks to release him into that role.
My concern is that there is a huge difference between playing forward in a Richmond side and playing forward in the current North side.

If we do end up playing all three, I hope I'm dead wrong, but I worry we'll lack too much mobility and we'll get burned on the rebound.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Some points from my end for this match:

1. Zurhaar is an ace up the sleeve here. Theres no real match up for him in their defence. Hardwick too small, Hartigan too slow, CJ outmuscled. Will either be Scrimshaw or Sicily for mine, and they are two of their most attacking players off half back. This is a win for us.
2. Head to head all day in the middle, back our depth. No need to run with Mitchell or O'meara. Greenwood to Mitchell at stoppages.
3. Play the talls. CCJ, Larkey, Goldy, X. Always start with Goldy. CCJ Deep forward, will probably get Hartigan, Frost to Larkey.
4. Mckay - Lewis. Corr - Kossie. Turner - Moore. JZ/Curtis - Bruest. Walker - Gunston. Mcdonald loose.
5. Polec wing all day. let him own it. Play through him.
6. Stevo/TT rotating forward.
7. JHF Forward all day. Not sure about midfield just yet.

Interesting points

I would like to see X starting, going at ‘em 110% just to set the tone as a new look for us

Lmac is not the skilled Distributor type unfortunately
Play him mano y mano

Surprised to see people still on the Polec train, he would not, could not mind his man v Swans and they played thru the wing and murdered us
Simply the Triumph of Hope over Experience

Interesting points

I would like to see X starting, going at ‘em 110% just to set the tone as a new look for us

Play him mano y mano

Surprised to see people still on the Polec train, he would not, could not mind his man v Swans and they played thru the wing and murdered us

Agree on X, Goldy is more dangerous forward. CJ on bench if he must be included.

Disagree on Polec doesn’t need to be defensive player if Scott can cover him. Let him be the release kick into attack.

Interesting points

Play him mano y mano

We dont have one for this game, So LMac will have to do. We will miss Hall.

Interesting points

Agree

Play him mano y mano

Agree 100%. Did kick one absolute rocket though. Caught the eye because it came off.

Think you're being a bit harsh on that one Dwighty. Jared to my eyes was making a concerted effort to up his contested game (not sarcastic).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back