Preview Round 1 2022- Hawks v Roos MCG - Sunday March 20- 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a replacement match so members should be able to use their memberships to get a ticket. Good luck getting through to the club, or having them get back to you.
I have had no problem getting through to the club and they tell you how many callers are in front of you so you can estimate how long you will have to wait.

I wish all companies did this.

I was just going through the news stories and there wasn’t a recent one about Jed. Is it inside another story?
Im probably wrong then.

I feel like i saw it in an article. Maybe it was just a journo doing the "maths" of he's missed x weeks of pre-season so he won't be back until y.

Im probably wrong then.

I feel like i saw it in an article. Maybe it was just a journo doing the "maths" of he's missed x weeks of pre-season so he won't be back until y.

I hope that’s the case. I’ve seen him participate in training and he looks like he’s in good knick. I was only there for half an hour though but during that time he took part in match sim. In my mind, that doesn’t happen with someone 10 weeks off. Someone 10 weeks off is running laps and in the gym.

Look that is so not true…
Watch last year vTiggers (1st half only)
Team played excellent high pressure footy
And Bris game
And the wins

Half the team are very good footballers and half of the other half look quite likely

Last year our 3 best were Cunners Jy and Hall
All of whom were missing one way or the other last week

I hope that’s the case. I’ve seen him participate in training and he looks like he’s in good knick. I was only there for half an hour though but during that time he took part in match sim. In my mind, that doesn’t happen with someone 10 weeks off. Someone 10 weeks off is running laps and in the gym.

I also read it , Jed was basically going to do a mini pre season before playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two major reasons why Roos will be slow out of the blocks

North Melbourne is resigned to two of its contested beasts making significantly delayed starts to the season as the club’s ruck battle heats up ahead of round 1.

The Roos can welcome back Ben McKay (concussion), Callum Coleman-Jones (knee bone bruising), Cam Zurhaar (general soreness) and Will Phillips (illness) from the side that pushed Sydney in Sunday’s AAMI Stadium clash.

The club takes on Hawthorn on Sunday week in a 1.10pm MCG clash.

But hard midfielder Jed Anderson remains up to 10 weeks away from an AFL return as he works his way back into AFL shape.

https://supercoach.com.au/
Anderson stood out of training in Darwin while he awaited the novavax vaccine and while he is back at Arden St he is still in need of significant conditioning.

It means he will take 8-10 weeks to finish his own pre-season before filtering back through the VFL.

Star midfielder Ben Cunnington has finished his chemotherapy treatment after testicular cancer but is only just back running and is likely months from a return.

The Roos believe if he returns in the back third of the season it would be a pleasant surprise, determined to look after his health rather than his football output this season.

The club’s ruck battle is intriguing given Todd Goldstein has responded strongly since being put in the seconds team behind Callum Coleman-Jones and Tristan Xerri several weeks back.

He was excellent in that game and performed strongly against Sydney, with Xerri a lock for Round 1 given his continued strong form.

The Roos are keen for evergreen Goldstein to buy into a contested style as the out-of-contract

St Kilda offered only pick 62 in a trade for Xerri, with the strong-bodied ruckman putting in a massive summer to be a round 1 lock.

The Roos will play two ruckmen this year but will have to make a decision on Coleman-Jones for round 1 as a potential forward given Goldstein and Xerri are ahead of him in the ruck.

Coach David Noble said after the Sydney loss Xerri had continued a strong summer.

“I thought he was terrific. What you saw was the reason we held our ground really hard (in the aborted trade). And he delivered a really terrific performance. Todd worked really well today so it will be a tricky one at match committee. We have CJ who can play forward, We feel one of (Tristan’s) best elements is his second efforts.”

Noble confirmed Jared Polec had done enough over summer to be rewarded by selection against Hawthorn after being demoted from the senior list to rookie status.

He said he was in favour of a single list of 44 — rather than senior and rookie lists — given players now flip flop between the two.

“Most teams tend to manoeuvre their lists around. I had to have that conversation with him, the reasons why. We had to open up another list spot and it doesn’t sit comfortably with players, particularly with the public sentiment.

“I would like to think those lists would change. You just end up with a list.”
Val Keating

It is literally UNBELIEVABLE that an athletic specimen like Ando will take 10 weeks to get Match fit, god knows what that is supposed to mean

Play him off the bench

We are a year ahead of them imo, they have gone through a massive shift in coaching/personnel, it will take time for them to grasp new dynamics. Should get up.

Home game, opening round, we're missing key players.. they will pull it out of their ass.

Early forecast is 27 and humid. We should not take anyone in under done. If Hall is genuinely ready

Turner Mckay JZ

LMac Corr Hall

Sleevo LDU Scott

Taz Larks JHF

Mahns CCJ Taylor

Goldy
Simpkin
Greenwood

Walker Xerri Powell Lazz

Goater

Hope they don’t play Young. I’m assuming Polec won’t play with moonboot rumours.

If there is any doubt on Hall, rest him up for the eagles in rd 2. Not sure who plays in that case. Maybe Atu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back