Game Day Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not banking a win
Just want us to be competitive
Follow the game plan
And as a supporter watch them start to develop as a team - that will take time
There’s not a lot of experience out there and won’t be surprised if they are out of steam by half time

It's nice to go back to the system where you just take your membership card to the ground and walk in. None of this internet bullshit 24-48 hours before the match.

A rare moment of the AFL listening to fans.

Normal game:
Nervous Shaun The Sheep GIF by Aardman Animations

Essendon game:
season 6 GIF

Liam Shiels 👍

Can see why you guys went B2B2B. Great for us yesterday. Cool, wise, smart head.

We'd be very pleased to support you this afternoon v * Cheers.

Last edited:
Really hope we are competitive through the middle.

It's going to be damn exciting watching our young and inexperienced midfield develop this season - the future really is now with Ward, Newcombe, Day, Mackenzie and MacDonald.

But at the end of the day every other team has seasoned experienced midfielders, of which we really only have one in Worpel. I really hope the young group are up to the challenge. Either way it's trial by fire, which is exciting.

I think if we match them through the middle we'll win the game.

Liam Sheils 👍

Can see why you guys went B2B2B. Great for us yesterday. Cool, wise, smart head.

We'd all be very pleased to support you this afternoon v * Cheers.

Great person and will prove to be an invaluable "culture setter" both on and off the track, especially for your prodigious young talents.

It's going to be damn exciting watching our young and inexperienced midfield develop this season - the future really is now with Ward, Newcombe, Day, Mackenzie and MacDonald.

But at the end of the day every other team has seasoned experienced midfielders, of which we really only have one in Worpel. I really hope the young group are up to the challenge. Either way it's trial by fire, which is exciting.

Completely agree. That young group you mention all seem to be highly determined, competitive individuals so we know they'll definitely give it their best shot and will embrace the challenge, even if they come up short through youth and inexperience. Will be a fascinating season. Go Hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree. That young group you mention all seem to be highly determined, competitive individuals so we know they'll definitely give it their best shot and will embrace the challenge, even if they come up short through youth and inexperience. Will be a fascinating season. Go Hawks!

I think Meek using his body will be really important. Though I'm worried that Reeves' lack of a physical presence will make it much harder for our youngsters.

I think we can at least expect a deeper midfield this year with newc, Worpel, Finn, day, ward, Cmac, frenchie, Moore, amon and bramble all running through there with the options or Nash, Morrison and maybe the likes of butler and hurstaite likely to be serviceable at very least in 2023 if they have to come in. Then we have weddle as a wingman who could come in later in the year.

I was sitting second row from the fence, right near the bombers interchange bench and can confirm the crowd absolutely gave it to him when he came to the bench. He deserved it for what he did!

The only thing he did all day. Schoey schooled him. He said as much himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back