Preview Round 1: Carlton V Richmond - 28/03/2013 7:40pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petterd isn't playing because he's injured. Not sure what he injured, though.

groin strain.

Happy with the team. White is stiff, as is Floss, but glad he has to earn his stripes really great to see that we do not have to throw our 1st round pick to the wolves any more. Bad luck to Petterd who really deserved a game but got hisself an injury.

Oh GrouchyBear you rascal. :)

His only skills are going hard at it as an enforcer and extractor, and pumping it forward without thinking about it. In other words, perfect for wet weather footy.

You have nailed it.

I think Jackson is pretty useless but he is no longer being played on the ball so I don't get as bent out of shape about him as I used to. His role is get ball / kick ball, and that is good enough if playing on the HFF.

I'd still like to see someone else playing instead though.

Don't worry people Jackson will really negate Yarran's influence...:rolleyes: We all know what's gonna happen. Yarran's going to go for his 10th sprint around the media performer and then the media performer will clothesline him, get suspended for one week, plead to Dimma his best mate to play him when he's back...and you guessed it..straight back in the team.

Richmond team – Round 1

B: Morris, Rance, Chaplin

HB: Batchelor, Newman, Houli

C: Grigg, Cotchin, Conca

HF: Deledio, Edwards, Jackson

F: McGuane, Riewoldt, Nahas

R: Maric, Martin, Tuck

IC: Griffiths, King, Vickery, Ellis

Emergencies: White, Vlastuin, Knights

CotchyBears Team:

Richmond team – Round 1

HF: Deledio, Edwards, Vickery

F: Griffiths, Riewoldt, Nahas

IC: Vlastuin, King, Vickery, Ellis

Emergencies: White, Jackson, McGuane

Jackson, Nahas, McGuane, all up forward that's half of the forward structure that I don't believe will stand up to a physical pressure game. Hope I'm proved wrong otherwise they should all be omitted next game.
Vlastuin, Knights and Pettard would be better options.

I JUST want a good showing. DO NOT want to get thrashed.
but us giving a thrashing would be mmmm. Delicious.

Gary trolling Richmond on the footy show

"I think Richmond will win and win comfortably"
Not as bad as idiot Selwood picking the Tankers, and when questioned on how will they kick goals reverted back to their 2011 team as the answer. What a tool... to much brain damage.

Barnzy, Jackson's one of Dimma's mates, he's a good bloke thats a an automatic 22 position. Jackson and McGuane is what the RFC used to be. Limited footballers, with no upside and negative flaws. I thought we were past that dark era? Obviously not. Do you think Sydney, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Geelong would have a jackson calibre footballer in their side? Nope. I heard someone comparing Milburn to Jackson once! ha.
Collingwood: Toovey, Dawes (previously) and now Lynch
Geelong: Byrnes, Hogan etc during their successful period
Hawthorn: Schoenmakers/Gilham.
Every good side has a handful of solid "foot soldier" types.

Good luck tomorrow guys, it's shaping up as a great contest as both sides stack up reasonably well.
Regardless of who gets up, hopefully both sides come away injury free. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck tomorrow guys, it's shaping up as a great contest as both sides stack up reasonably well.
Regardless of who gets up, hopefully both sides come away injury free. :thumbsu:

****en thank you. The thing is, when you're a bottom 8 side your Jackson types seem like absolute spuds because you lose and you blame the players whose errors are most obvious. When you are a top 4 side you forgive it a lot more.

Also just think it's worth mentioning, there's so much more to footy than what you do when you have the ball, especially in the modern game. It might just be possible that Jackson runs to all the right places, offers great leadership as we know, and indirectly influences the contest positively for us.

I'm sure the coaching staff do a lot more detailed analysis of this stuff than any of our supporters, and to think we know better than they do is a joke. Nason got plenty of games in his season and then got cut. This shows that Dimma has what it takes to make the hard calls on players who probably aren't expecting it. Which means there is definitely more to Jackson getting picked than just being a coach's favourite.

No. Those players can actually make a decision within 5 minutes. You obviously haven't watched him closely enough. Toovey is a good player, Dawes is a hack. Byrnes was a decent forward who had good skill.

@rickypetterd13: Shattered I won't get my chance tomoro night, groin was just a couple days off, can't wait to see the boys get the job done! #gotiges

Ricky Petterd twitter

If Batch has a crap game I'd say Petterd will get his chance next Friday

Barnzy, Jackson's one of Dimma's mates, he's a good bloke thats a an automatic 22 position. Jackson and McGuane is what the RFC used to be. Limited footballers, with no upside and negative flaws. I thought we were past that dark era? Obviously not. Do you think Sydney, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Geelong would have a jackson calibre footballer in their side? Nope. I heard someone comparing Milburn to Jackson once! ha.

Premiership player Milburn? I hated him, but we could do worse than that. For what it's worth, I really hate having Jackson in the side. I want him nowhere near the midfield. If he is doing a lock down job on an attacking half back, then so be it. He is in the side for round 1, so that's the end of it. People can sook and whinge as much as they want but he is in the side. Deal with it. Stressing about things you can't control will only lead to more frustration...

Premiership player Milburn? I hated him, but we could do worse than that. For what it's worth, I really hate having Jackson in the side. I want him nowhere near the midfield. If he is doing a lock down job on an attacking half back, then so be it. He is in the side for round 1, so that's the end of it. People can sook and whinge as much as they want but he is in the side. Deal with it. Stressing about things you can't control will only lead to more frustration...

Fair point. Just starting to question Hardwick and some of his baffling inclusions really.

Are we going to beat the Carlton because we are a better side and we will play a better brand of footy..
Or will Carlton lose because they are still coming to terms with Malthouse's hug-the-boundary style of play...

No Adam Maric..Post...Miller...Grimes...Foley...
We have Chaplin...Griffiths and one of the following in...Vlastuin...White...Knights

Does that make us a stronger or weaker team than 2012 in regards to players choosen.. i think it does make us stronger...how strong is the question...
Our side has to be more experienced and settled now...
We have to be a good chance...a very good chance of rolling the blues tomorrow night...
Go tigers...:thumbsu:

Richmond team – Round 1

HF: Deledio, Edwards, Jackson

F: McGuane, Riewoldt, Nahas

IC: Griffiths, King, Vickery, Ellis

Emergencies: White, Vlastuin, Knights

CotchyBears Team:

Richmond team – Round 1

HF: Deledio, Edwards, Vickery

F: Griffiths, Riewoldt, Nahas

IC: Vlastuin, King, Vickery, Ellis

Emergencies: White, Jackson, McGuane

Vickery on HFF and on bench, assuming you mean Knights HFF? I prefer this team Cotchybear, but i do like that our first round draft pick and new recruits dont automatically come straight into the team. They need to earn their spot and force guys like King and Jackson out of the side.

The fact you can b happy with any of the 3 emergencies to step into the side is a huge plus for our depth. Grimes and pettard knocking on the door next week.

The I'm happiest about with this 22 is that any of

Grimes
Foley
Vlastuin
White
Petterd
Knights
Arnot
Astbury
Dea
Lonergan
Stephenson

Could come in and the line up wouldn't be noticeably weaker (except maybe Stephenson if he were in for Maric). That's a huge tick for our depth IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back