Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beams and Rockliff are both guns.
Redden is solid.
Rich a young talent match winner.
Aish is even rawer but could be anything.
Mayes is an absolute jet and and kick better than any young player I've seen.

That's just the midfeild.

Then you have others that can go in like Robinson Taylor Christensen Adcock Zorko and the other Beams. They got some talent in that midfeild.
Their midfield is clearly better and deeper than ours, but it doesn't hold a candle to our 2010-11 midfield. Not even close.

Intrusions are more than welcome when they're 100% pro-Collingwood ;)
Well I've currently been hit with a rush of affection for Pies fans with the way they have not fallen for Essendon's lies and cover ups, despite Eddie saying we should all move on. I hope that all of the other clubs and their supporters can unite and say that we will not stand for this. Whatever differences and rivalries we may have, we all want to watch a clean game of football and see those who threaten that punished severely. I also like the way you have responded to the current drugs crisis that has hit your club. You have not tried to hide or deflect blame, or taken a trip to officeworks to buy some fancy document shredders. No, you have said these two players will be punished if the B tests are positive and deservedly so. I take my hat off to you all.

As someone already pointed out, 8 defenders and 2 defensive forwards makes for a horribly imbalanced defensive line up. Pim Verbeek would be proud. We have no x-factor or leg speed. Kennedy, Broomhead and Karnezis all offer this. Apparently Bucks doesn't like dynamic players that can change a game and impact the scoreboard.

I'm so disenchanted by the boring selection of the same old one dimensional plodders with no upside, it's getting hard to stomach.

I have always been one of Buckleys most staunch supporters, but the downhill slide of our team and these sorts of selections have me losing faith....fast.

Last edited:
I love this question posed on the Lions board:

"Everyone keeps banging on about the weather!
What i really want to know is which team plays better under a Lunar Eclipse?
any stats on that?"

Therein lies the secret to success tomorrow night:D

I love this question posed on the Lions board:

"Everyone keeps banging on about the weather!
What i really want to know is which team plays better under a Lunar Eclipse?
any stats on that?"

Therein lies the secret to success tomorrow night:D
Hope we've been training with wet balls. Daveron what want to have those balls in buckets for practice this week.

I sorta get it....so you're saying Goldy and White are good selections in the conditions (seeing neither of them can mark) and that we'll be kicking a lot of goals off the ground. I'd have thought an opportunist like PK might have been a good inclusion then and Ben Ken and Broomy would be monty's to kick those ground level goals as well?

Haha yeah a bit long winded.....look I don't wanna get into a debate about the whole team and why I believe all the players have or have not been selected but in regards to the ones you've mentioned.....we have to play with some height in the team, Witts ain't ready so Grundy needs someone to pinch hit in the ruck, so it's outta White and Gault and White gets the nod but yes your right he can't mark but he should be able to provide more around the ground with the predicted forecast......and we know why Goldy is in the team, same goes for Blair as well.....both for their pressure around the contest, esp 4ward 50 pressure and if Kennedy wants to push for selection then he needs to work on this along with his consistency.....I personally would have selected PK but along with a lot of our fringe players, prolonged consistency is the key and the ability to be able to apply pressure and run both ways is a factor in why certain players get picked over others.....can only pick 22, can't fit 28 into that....you've mentioned PK, Broomy and Kennedy, if you were to pick them who's place in tomorrow's team would they take!!

Could go either way IMO. All that matters in wet conditions is which team goes in harder and lower and going by the last few years your mob does play well in the first few rounds. I recall that game against Freo last season was a cracker.
Yep, it was a shocking loss in round 1 last year, almost as bad as your 68 point loss to a Dogs team that went on to finish 15th in round 1 2013.

Oh and there was a roof on the stadium we played the Dockers at, we play our best football outdoors.

Yep, it was a shocking loss in round 1 last year, almost as bad as your 68 point loss to a Dogs team that went on to finish 15th in round 1 2013.

Oh and there was a roof on the stadium we played the Dockers at, we play our best football outdoors.

and Away from Melbourne;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well - You would not trade him but at the Moment it looks 50/50 that he will stay with you guys or go home.

Maybe when Pies talked to him about a Possible Trade he said he would go back to SA in 1 years time

Well - You would not trade him but at the Moment it looks 50/50 that he will stay with you guys or go home.

Maybe when Pies talked to him about a Possible Trade he said he would go back to SA in 1 years time
Maybe. Maybe not.

Haha yeah a bit long winded.....look I don't wanna get into a debate about the whole team and why I believe all the players have or have not been selected but in regards to the ones you've mentioned.....we have to play with some height in the team, Witts ain't ready so Grundy needs someone to pinch hit in the ruck, so it's outta White and Gault and White gets the nod but yes your right he can't mark but he should be able to provide more around the ground with the predicted forecast......and we know why Goldy is in the team, same goes for Blair as well.....both for their pressure around the contest, esp 4ward 50 pressure and if Kennedy wants to push for selection then he needs to work on this along with his consistency.....I personally would have selected PK but along with a lot of our fringe players, prolonged consistency is the key and the ability to be able to apply pressure and run both ways is a factor in why certain players get picked over others.....can only pick 22, can't fit 28 into that....you've mentioned PK, Broomy and Kennedy, if you were to pick them who's place in tomorrow's team would they take!!

PK takes Goldy's till he can take 5 marks a game
BK takes Blairo's till he can kick 2 goals a game
And Broomy should be in in front of Varcoe for mine...
But hey....beauty's in the eye of the beholder

And that's the good thing.....those 3 you mentioned on field need to perform but at the same time blokes like PK, BK and Broomy who will be fighting for those particular spots need to keep putting the pressure on week in week out (consistency)....Add to that Gault V White, Witts V Grundy, Freeman v Mids, Seeds/Maynard/Moore v Backs just to mention a few, there will be plenty of pressure on many players this season that in previous years there may not have been as much.

I agree with this it's a very poorly skilled team they have gone with. the selection of brown, frost, Williams , toovey, and Sinclair doesn't inspire thoughts of a hard rebounding style!

I agree with this it's a very poorly skilled team they have gone with. the selection of brown, frost, Williams , toovey, and Sinclair doesn't inspire thoughts of a hard rebounding style!

But we gonna be the best rebounding team in the AFL Bucks said. The best!

And that's the good thing.....those 3 you mentioned on field need to perform but at the same time blokes like PK, BK and Broomy who will be fighting for those particular spots need to keep putting the pressure on week in week out (consistency)....Add to that Gault V White, Witts V Grundy, Freeman v Mids, Seeds/Maynard/Moore v Backs just to mention a few, there will be plenty of pressure on many players this season that in previous years there may not have been as much.

I know about "pressure for spots" and that concept's valid but in these cases....the young boys have so much more TALENT and speed that its not really a pressure element. Its time for them to get played so that they can form the basis of the next wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back