Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a hunch as he doesn't seem to have been involved too much in either the VFL or NAB challenge games.

Hopefully it's nothing major and he plays on Saturday against Casey.
My understanding was that he was rested with Maynard and Manteit for the vfl game against Richmond. Lets hope all is good as the word i was getting was that he was training extremely well. Ill stay tuned though.

I'm at piece with my car. I'm lucky enough to be in a position to a) fix it and pay the costs for a replacement engine or b) buy a new car. Pretty arrogant I guess, but we are good savers. Just means kiddies miss out on a holiday this year.

Ups and downs - I'm looking at a new Jeep or Subaru so good outcome and Collingwood should be looking at potentially what today brings for them. We have 2 new list spots, IMO JT and Keefe were not part of a future premiership team - controversial maybe but just my opinion.

Todays downfall just brings us closer to premiership glory - even if it does make this year all the more difficult.

As for Brisbane this week - will be much emotion coming out Saturday regardless of the result - but it is the start to what is going to be a very challenging season for us. Let's not vent to hard too early as we have 23 rounds to spread this over.

Just a friendly piece of advice. At least test drive a Landrover Freelander 2. Best car I've ever owned & drives just beautifully & hugs the road like nothing I've ever driven. Turbo diesel engines are also incredibly economical. My missus doesn't get anywhere near the same economy on her Cruise & it's a diesel as well.
Had it for over 5 years now & haven't had a single problem with it. I will be upgrading to another one in a year or two or if I can afford it a Discovery 4.
But the Disco may be out of my price range :(

Good luck regardless of decision.

Just a friendly piece of advice. At least test drive a Landrover Freelander 2. Best car I've ever owned & drives just beautifully & hugs the road like nothing I've ever driven. Turbo diesel engines are also incredibly economical. My missus doesn't get anywhere near the same economy on her Cruise & it's a diesel as well.
Had it for over 5 years now & haven't had a single problem with it. I will be upgrading to another one in a year or two or if I can afford it a Discovery 4.
But the Disco may be out of my price range :(

Good luck regardless of decision.
Thanks for that - I'll have a look. I have no allegiance to any particularly make or model like some, just want a good SUV type car and turbo diesel would be my preference. Cheers for the advice.

Thanks for that - I'll have a look. I have no allegiance to any particularly make or model like some, just want a good SUV type car and turbo diesel would be my preference. Cheers for the advice.

Me either. some people are Ford or Holden but I like both the same.

Think we will see Freeman and DeGoey now
I hope so but not sure given that JT and Keefe shouldn't have been lining up best 22 against Brisbane.

I think we should play DG and Freeman. I think we should play most of our kids this season. I'm happy to forego finals this year to really concentrate which kids on our list we want to have around during our next tilt at the premiership cup.

I hope so but not sure given that JT and Keefe shouldn't have been lining up best 22 against Brisbane.

I think we should play DG and Freeman. I think we should play most of our kids this season. I'm happy to forego finals this year to really concentrate which kids on our list we want to have around during our next tilt at the premiership cup.
Play to win, best team available to do that. Freeman and DeGoey will get their opportunities, hopefully soon but when the Club thinks they are ready. Get games into the newer guys when finals are not an option.

Not sure whether Freeman is ready to go, given he hasn't played in the last couple of practice matches and Moore has only played one practice match. Therefore would like to see De Goey, Crisp, Gault and Karnezis all play.

Play to win, best team available to do that. Freeman and DeGoey will get their opportunities, hopefully soon but when the Club thinks they are ready. Get games into the newer guys when finals are not an option.

I think playing the Talented Kids give us the best Chance of Winning

Just want us to play as well as we can. As Bucks, Ed and co repeatedly say, we want our guys to be the best they can be. We need to put Keeffe and JT behind us, at least for now, and play with pride in the jumper, proud of who we are. A real team, with history, rusted on fans, and a long (very long:cry:) tradition of ups and downs. We'll survive this latest setback. Hope Brisbane are on the receiving end of a right royal hiding!

Yeah - well, I'm not sure finals are an option for us this season unfortunately. But - I am comfortable with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't share your pessimism, I think believe there may well be a few Collingwood supporters pleasantly surprised this year.
I hope so, and like I said I'm happy with developing the squad and not making finals. What will make me mad is if we get nothing out of this season. And what I mean by that is not getting games into kids and lingering on the bottom third of the ladder.

I'm all for pleasant surprises.

Don't suppose you'd like to buy a car would you?

Have faith mike123.
Don't believe everything you see during the Nab Challenge.

True, but that was seen all of last year as well. In the nab challenge I was hoping we'd try something different, hopfully we've just saved it for the Lions.

This is my biggest fear about Cloke at the moment. People hang shit on the players delivering the ball to him, which on some occassions is correct. But Cloke just doesn't run any more. Countless times last week he was caught behind Roughead trying to jump on his head. Its just not his go. He needs to 'get on his bike' as they say. While he is as stagnant as he currently is, he will have to deal with 3 opponents.

Is it not too hard for the coaching staff to tell him to run?

Think we will see Freeman and DeGoey now
I hope neither plays.

Freeman just doesn't look right yet, he's missed way too much football to be a consistent performer at AFL level while De Goey at best is a 15 possession player at senior level at the moment, and would spend the majority of his time forward.

So why not pick a forward ahead of him who is more capable at this point of time?

Freeman and De Goey will both get games this year, hopefully plenty, but it's weakening our team in round 1 to play either of them IMO.

I hope neither plays.

Freeman just doesn't look right yet, he's missed way too much football to be a consistent performer at AFL level while De Goey at best is a 15 possession player at senior level at the moment, and would spend the majority of his time forward.

So why not pick a forward ahead of him who is more capable at this point of time?

Freeman and De Goey will both get games this year, hopefully plenty, but it's weakening our team in round 1 to play either of them IMO.

Well De Goey can make a Impact up Forward. More then I can say about Blair and Goldsack

De Goey also spent most of the Tac cup up forward, kicked three in the gf?

Well De Goey can make a Impact up Forward. More then I can say about Blair and Goldsack
Maybe he could for 1 or 2 qtrs. Blair and Goldsack give consistent performance and effort for the entire game. I'd much rather have them both in there up against a somewhat inexperienced Lions backline tackling their backsides off and putting those blokes under the pump. Both The Sack and Blair will cause turnovers in the forward 50 against the Lions and I wouldn't be surprised if between them they kick a few goals.

While I rate De Goey very highly I honestly would prefer him to be in the VFL mastering his craft and building strength and endurance to match his application on game day. If more of our lads played with the same mindset JDG has we'd be a much more difficult team. He will get games this season, no doubt, hopefully due to his excellent form in the seconds and forcing them to pick him over someone else.

Maybe he could for 1 or 2 qtrs. Blair and Goldsack give consistent performance and effort for the entire game. I'd much rather have them both in there up against a somewhat inexperienced Lions backline tackling their backsides off and putting those blokes under the pump. Both The Sack and Blair will cause turnovers in the forward 50 against the Lions and I wouldn't be surprised if between them they kick a few goals.

While I rate De Goey very highly I honestly would prefer him to be in the VFL mastering his craft and building strength and endurance to match his application on game day. If more of our lads played with the same mindset JDG has we'd be a much more difficult team. He will get games this season, no doubt, hopefully due to his excellent form in the seconds and forcing them to pick him over someone else.

This. We need to pick an experienced side for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back