Unofficial Preview Round 1, Pies V Lions, Sat evening @6:20pm Qld / 7:20pm Vic (Thread closed, see Game Day thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She knows. She regrets the move to some degree also, work wise, but she does like Canberra. We talk about it a lot and is one of the main reasons we are heading back to Darwin, just to get a feel for why we might have left in the first place.

All good.
Hope the trip goes well for you and she realises how much she misses the place too!

Can't stand Canberra myself. Too cold and too many politicians.

Strike the Jeep off your list now.
I know three people who have bought on the back of the advertisements.
One is trying for a full refund, such is the quality of the vehicle. The other two are trying to off load the cars as soon as they can.
Horrible vehicles.
Great advertising agency.
Interesting. My cousin in Sydney bought a Grand Cherokee last year and loves it. Certainly felt nice to drive in when he took us out in it, and had a beautiful interior too.

Probably going to miss this Brisbane game....maybe I can see it at the trailer boat club during dinner.

I know this is only game 1 of the season, but do people think this game might dictate what path we take for the remainder of the season?

This game we should be outright favourites and be expected to win. I'm not so sure given our preparation and what I think we lack in ball winning ability. Taylor Adams will need to be close to BOG I think for us to win this and Cloke should be expected to kick at least 4 goals against a weaker defence that he should see for the remaining rounds.

I think our efficiency needs to be close to what we produced in our Hawks preseason game and this transition game that we have heard so much about needs to come to fruition.

If Rich plays back we need to negate his influence and also restrict the ball winning ability of both Beams and Rockliffe.

Our more senior players need to stand up, we need scoring efficiency when going inside 50 and that second marking forward whether it be Karnezis, White or Elliot needs to impact the game whether on the scoreboard or taking the pressure away from Cloke.

I'd like to see a settled team this year. We need to give guys opportunity with a string of games and we need to back Bucks at least for this season and give him a chance to have the team gel. I feel for him and I don't think most supporters will be as patient as me. I'm not sure he has the list to save his coaching career right or wrong this season.

Can't wait for the season to kick off, finally let's put this preseason behind us and get on with the real thing

Probably going to miss this Brisbane game....maybe I can see it at the trailer boat club during dinner.

I know this is only game 1 of the season, but do people think this game might dictate what path we take for the remainder of the season?

This game we should be outright favourites and be expected to win. I'm not so sure given our preparation and what I think we lack in ball winning ability. Taylor Adams will need to be close to BOG I think for us to win this and Cloke should be expected to kick at least 4 goals against a weaker defence that he should see for the remaining rounds.

I think our efficiency needs to be close to what we produced in our Hawks preseason game and this transition game that we have heard so much about needs to come to fruition.

If Rich plays back we need to negate his influence and also restrict the ball winning ability of both Beams and Rockliffe.

Our more senior players need to stand up, we need scoring efficiency when going inside 50 and that second marking forward whether it be Karnezis, White or Elliot needs to impact the game whether on the scoreboard or taking the pressure away from Cloke.

I'd like to see a settled team this year. We need to give guys opportunity with a string of games and we need to back Bucks at least for this season and give him a chance to have the team gel. I feel for him and I don't think most supporters will be as patient as me. I'm not sure he has the list to save his coaching career right or wrong this season.

Can't wait for the season to kick off, finally let's put this preseason behind us and get on with the real thing

Well I am Guessing someone like De Goey or/and Freeman could play in that Role

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/brisbane/brisbane

90% chance of rain.:drunk::eek::eek:

Thunderstorms, eek, hope we have learned to swim over the off season.

That should actually help us though, they are quick, they are skillful, we are not. If it's wet it cuts the pace out of the game, cuts the skill out of the game and brings it back to our level.

Let it rain I say.

That should actually help us though, they are quick, they are skillful, we are not. If it's wet it cuts the pace out of the game, cuts the skill out of the game and brings it back to our level.

Let it rain I say.

So - Be a Slog of game.

I have no idea who that Helps. Though it would slow there Midfield Down

Let it rain I say.

Would love Greenwood and Thomas in these conditions.

Didn't know where to put this. But does anyone have any idea if the boys are training tomorrow? Don't wanna make the trek for no reason. I think Wednesdays are generally days of during the year, but im thinking Training today, day off tomorrow, fly out Friday. Who knows?! If anyone has any idea would be awesome

Didn't know where to put this. But does anyone have any idea if the boys are training tomorrow? Don't wanna make the trek for no reason. I think Wednesdays are generally days of during the year, but im thinking Training today, day off tomorrow, fly out Friday. Who knows?! If anyone has any idea would be awesome

I say there is a Good Chance

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/season/training-times

Personally, from my experience playing the game, the wet only widens the gap between skilled and non-skilled teams. If it is wet, lets just hope we're bloody harder at the ball!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a response from the club saying the next open session isn't until Friday at the gabba. Doesn't really help me!

They still might Train Tomorrow. Just not Advertising it;)

Our runner is in good form. Looked good in the NAB cup. A good dose of NZ beef will keep his endurance up. Ithink we will also win the interchanges. Bucks has us well drilled in that area, and the preseason will pay off. Fas should have a good interchange game, and I tip will excel to become the one to sub off. I am also tipping that we will have the bigger banner, and CLOKE will star as he breaks through it before Pendles does. Shame to lose Thomas and Keefe due to asthma related conditions, and their mate Beams should demonstrate some endurance now that he moved back in with his daddy. Beams boys will lose the tattoo competition as Swanny has also had a big preseason. Looking forwards to standing in the rain on Saturday night as the year begins in earnest, but living in hope that the meat pies will be warm and at MCG prices. GO PIES.

Our runner is in good form. Looked good in the NAB cup. A good dose of NZ beef will keep his endurance up. Ithink we will also win the interchanges. Bucks has us well drilled in that area, and the preseason will pay off. Fas should have a good interchange game, and I tip will excel to become the one to sub off. I am also tipping that we will have the bigger banner, and CLOKE will star as he breaks through it before Pendles does. Shame to lose Thomas and Keefe due to asthma related conditions, and their mate Beams should demonstrate some endurance now that he moved back in with his daddy. Beams boys will lose the tattoo competition as Swanny has also had a big preseason. Looking forwards to standing in the rain on Saturday night as the year begins in earnest, but living in hope that the meat pies will be warm and at MCG prices. GO PIES.

Nicely done sir!

Personally, from my experience playing the game, the wet only widens the gap between skilled and non-skilled teams. If it is wet, lets just hope we're bloody harder at the ball!

It's the old adage of does the wet bring the better team down to the lower team's level or is the lower team more effected by the conditions than the better team?

I don't think it matters in this case as I don't think it's about skill level in the wet for Collingwood vs Brisbane. I think we're much more suited to slogging and grinding out wins where Brisbane would prefer a free-flowing game. I think the weather favours us in this regard and allows us to play our style of footy, or at the very least forces Brisbane to play the game in a manner they don't really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back