Round 1 team 2021

the correct way to display a team is

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My problem with McHenry is for all of the good he does, he just can not kick for goal, his set shot kicking is so woeful it undoes alot of his good work, I think if we made him in to a defender to play on smalls he could be fantastic there, just do not trust him forward of the ball.

My problem with McHenry is for all of the good he does, he just can not kick for goal, his set shot kicking is so woeful it undoes alot of his good work, I think if we made him in to a defender to play on smalls he could be fantastic there, just do not trust him forward of the ball.
It’s all nerves. Himmelberg, McAdam, and Stengle were also awful set shots last year. Should see improvement I hope

Lynch is supposedly playing more of a wing role this season
Not sure I'm a fan of Lynch on a wing to fit in another tall forward as he is better in a forward role... when we should playing the likes of Sholl, Smith, Jones, Milera & Hamill off wing/HB as better ball users.

Should be making the tough choice on playing only 1 of Lynch or Walker for most games.

Not sure I'm a fan of Lynch on a wing to fit in another tall forward as he is better in a forward role... when we should playing the likes of Sholl, Smith, Jones, Milera & Hamill off wing/HB as better ball users.

Should be making the tough choice on playing only 1 of Lynch or Walker for most games.
I think he COULD have been a great wingman if we persisted with it post 2013, not now

B Brown - McAsey - Kelly*
HB McPherson - Butts - Smith
C Sholl - Keays - Sloane
HF McHenry - Walker - Lynch
F McAdam - Thilthorpe - Rowe
R O'Brien - M. Crouch - Schoenberg

I Laird

Remaining three spots from: Berry - Jones - Hamill - Hately - Pedlar

E Fogarty - Worrell + the remaining two from above

*assuming Doedee isn't fit

B Brown - McAsey - Kelly*
HB McPherson - Butts - Smith
C Sholl - Keays - Sloane
HF McHenry - Walker - Lynch
F McAdam - Thilthorpe - Rowe
R O'Brien - M. Crouch - Schoenberg

I Laird

Remaining three spots from: Berry - Jones - Hamill - Hately - Pedlar

E Fogarty - Worrell + the remaining two from above

*assuming Doedee isn't fit
I'd probably pick Berry, Jones and Hately from those 3. Few guys need to improve their output next week.

F Frampton Thilthorpe Rowe
HF Sloane Walker Berry
C Sholl Keays Hamill
HB McPherson Murray Smith
B Brown Butts Doedee
Ruck O'Brien Crouch Laird
Inter Hately McAsey Schoenberg Lynch

F mcAdam Fogarty Gollant
HF Wright Himmelberg Jones
C Seedsman Pedlar Mackay
HB Kelly Merrett Hinge
B Worrell Borlase Davis
Ruck Strachan O'Connor Newchurch
Inter Cook, McHenry, Murphy, Latchford

Inj - Talia, Milera,

I don’t know what to do with Sloane. Our team looks better on paper with him, but I feel he’s going to hold back our younger mids. I think he’s borderline 22 at this stage

New round 1 team after injuries and trial against powaa:

Injuries:
Talia (round 3), Doedee? (round 2 or 3), Milera (season) Crouch (Round 1) Stengle (Suspended) Pedlar?(Round 1)

Brown Butts/Talia(when fit) Hinge/Doedee(when fit)
Smith Worrell Hamill
Sholl Crouch Sloane
McAdam Himmelberg Walker
Rowe Thilthorpe Stengle(if he plays again)

ROB Laird Schoenberg

Keays Pedlar Berry McPherson

Last edited:
New round 1 team after injuries and trial against powaa:

Injuries:
Talia (round 3), Doedee? (round 2 or 3), Milera (season) Crouch (Round 1) Stengle (Suspended) Pedlar?(Round 1)

Brown Murray/Butts McPherson
Smith Worrell Hamill
Sholl Crouch Sloane
McAdam Himmelberg/Frampton Walker
Rowe Thilthorpe Jones

ROB Laird Schoenberg

Keays Pedlar Berry Hinge
I reckon Doedee plays next week.

I don’t know what to do with Sloane. Our team looks better on paper with him, but I feel he’s going to hold back our younger mids. I think he’s borderline 22 at this stage
Imo, we should be using him mainly as a forward, with some stints off a wing/inside midfield... but not one of our main mids.

Haven't watched all of today but read comments... but I reminder we are in rebuild mode whilst Port are in a premiership window.

We should be picking this year's team with a view to our rebuild, by ensuring we get games... blocks of games into our younger players where possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't watched all of today but read comments... but I reminder we are in rebuild mode whilst Port are in a premiership window.

We should be picking this year's team with a view to our rebuild, by ensuring we get games... blocks of games into our younger players where possible.
Agree with all of that.

It's why I'm not too fussed by the likes of Thilthorpe, Berry and Pedlar playing 2s this week. Play them in the positions they were drafted, give them confidence that they're above that level and unleash them early.

He should be mainly forward and not in the midfield anymore simple as that really. Not sure why the coaches cannot see it.
They can see it but you don't give 850k a year to a half forward. List management will have massive egg on their face if he is played in the correct position.

They can see it but you don't give 850k a year to a half forward. List management will have massive egg on their face if he is played in the correct position.
Simply not true.

If he performs as a HFF/wing then he'll have earned his money.

Playing someone out of position, just because you 'pay them loads' is beyond idiotic. I don't care how much Sloane is on at this point, but having him in midfield has even more of a negative impact on the team.

Playing someone out of position, just because you 'pay them loads' is beyond idiotic. I don't care how much Sloane is on at this point, but having him in midfield has even more of a negative impact on the team.
I agree but they care more about protecting their positions than moving the club forward. It's the major problem I have with the people running the club.

Agree with all of that.

It's why I'm not too fussed by the likes of Thilthorpe, Berry and Pedlar playing 2s this week. Play them in the positions they were drafted, give them confidence that they're above that level and unleash them early.
I would be looking to unleash all of these 3 very early as all appear quality, which means fast tracking.

I would be looking to unleash all of these 3 very early as all appear quality, which means fast tracking.
I'd be interested to see their TOG stats, see how many miles they're getting in their legs.

They all look the goods though, don't want to go too early but this could be a Port 2018 type haul.

B: McPherson, Butts, Worrell
HB: Smith McAsey, Hamill
C: Berry, Crouch, Sholl
HF: Lynch, Walker, Sloane
F: Rowe, Himmelberg, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Keays, Laird
I: Brown, Schoenberg, McHenry,Thilthorpe

At this stage both Fogarty & Jones need to find form. Prefer to play Thilthorpe & Berry. Pity Pedlar missed most of today's game.

Picked Himmelberg over Frampton based on last year, but EH needs a good hitout next week.

B: McPherson, Butts, Worrell
HB: Smith McAsey, Hamill
C: Berry, Crouch, Sholl
HF: Lynch, Walker, Sloane
F: Rowe, Himmelberg, McAdam
R: O'Brien, Keays, Laird
I: Brown, Schoenberg, McHenry,Thilthorpe

At this stage both Fogarty & Jones need to find form. Prefer to play Thilthorpe & Berry. Pity Pedlar missed most of today's game.

Picked Himmelberg over Frampton based on last year, but EH needs a good hitout next week.
Scotty Burns said Pedlar played 3 quarters....3.30 of his presser?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 team 2021

Back