Round 1 Team 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

For perspective, here’s what the OP of the 2021 best 22 thread (credit adammania9 ) put together.

I reckon 2021 ended up being the most easiest to predict best 22 in years …

Key:
Green = prediction correct
Orange = prediction partially correct
Red = prediction not correct

B: Brayden Maynard - Jordan Roughead - Jeremy Howe (was injured)
HB: Jack Crisp - Darcy Moore (was injured) - Isaac Quaynor
C: Josh Daicos - Taylor Adams - Steele Sidebottom
HF: Jamie Elliott (was injured) - Will Kelly - Will Hoskin-Elliott
F: Josh Thomas - Mason Cox - Brody Mihocek
R: Brodie Grundy - Scott Pendlebury - Jordan De Goey
I: John Noble - Brayden Sier - Levi Greenwood - Trey Ruscoe

E: Tyler Brown (injured) - Chris Mayne (was best 22) - Darcy Cameron (was best 22) - Jack Madgen (was best 22 when Moore got injured)

Depth: Callum Brown (was depth, got injured), Tom Langdon (retired), Nathan Murphy (was depth), Rupert Wills (was delisted), Jay Rantall, Trent Bianco, Max Lynch, Flynn Appleby (was delisted), Anton Tohill, Mark Keane, Tom Wilson

… plus Caleb Poulter, Beau McCreery, Oliver Henry, Finlay Macrae, Jack Ginnivan, (Good developing depth, weren’t even on the list this time last year)

Last edited:

Ned Guy would topple the Taliban from within.

Wrighty came in and refused to lock Biden into a long-term contract to stay in Afghanistan. Nek minnit…

Prior to any trades.

B: Howe - Roughead - Maynard
HB: Pendlebury - Moore - Quaynor
C: Poulter - Adams - N.Daicos
HF: Henry - Mihocek - J.Daicos
F: McCreery - Cameron - Elliott
R: Grundy - DeGoey - Crisp
INT: Sidebottom - Ginnivan - WHE - Noble

Next in line: Ruscoe - Thomas (we all know he probably gets picked Rd 1) - Bianco - Macrae - McInnes

2021 was a dreadful year for more reasons than the football, here's to 2022, a safer world to live in and just maybe the foundation of a dynasty.

Crisp Krueger Ruscoe
Howe Moore Quaynor

Grundy De Goey N Daicos
Macrea Maynard J Daicos

Mihocek Henry Stengle
Cameron Mclean Elliott

Int:
Dib Ginnivan Adams Pendlebury

Emer:
McCreery Bianco Poulter T Brown McInnes Noble Kelly Johnson

So, I reckon Howe gets traded along with Sidebottom and 1-3 other other mid-late-20s player (Elliot, Crisp, Roughead, WHE, or Maynard).

So we look more like this:

Crisp Kelly Ruscoe
T Brown Moore Quaynor

Grundy De Goey N Daicos
Macrea Maynard J Daicos

Mihocek Henry Stengle
Cameron Mclean Bianco

Int:

Emer:
McCreery Poulter C Brown McInnes Noble Johnson

in my years following the team i've never been more disgusted... i hope the players have a good look at themselves. I hope the coaches all resign monday morning. I hope buckley gives back all the money he got paid. I hope ned guy goes to afganistan and tries to do something positive with his life..
Disgusted agree, but the rest of your post makes no sense.

The majority of poor deals and trades were done under Hines watch. Guy did the bidding of the board…essentially made the scape goat.

Buckley is and was a great coach, as if the end of the season is not proof of that. He got a defective list to a grand final and playing finals…seldom uncompetitive. He was not responsible for list decisions.

If we are to be competitive the following should not be in the 22.

Ruscoe
Madgen
Noble
C Brown
J Thomas
Bianco
Rantall
The Irish
Cox
Poulter
Murphy
Sier
Wilson

If we are focussed on development the following shouldn’t play or be on our list:

Madgen
Thomas
Sier
Wilson
Sidebottom (trade)
Cox (trade)
Ruscoe
Thomas
Rantall
Murphy

We obviously can’t turn over that many with our retirees but that’s the status from my perspective.

Disgusted agree, but the rest of your post makes no sense.

The majority of poor deals and trades were done under Hines watch. Guy did the bidding of the board…essentially made the scape goat.

Buckley is and was a great coach, as if the end of the season is not proof of that. He got a defective list to a grand final and playing finals…seldom uncompetitive. He was not responsible for list decisions.

it was a bad day...I dont think any of us make sense under the pressure we've been under this year. I've done all that i can to lift the Pies as have a number of BF posters. However, Guy was the man in the seat. Buckley was controlling all the footy decisions for the last decade. I know that it's commonly known fact that I have been undermining Buckley for years but I've always been fair. Ned, of course, should never work in the industry again. We move on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, I reckon Howe gets traded along with Sidebottom and 1-3 other other mid-late-20s player (Elliot, Crisp, Roughead, WHE, or Maynard).

So we look more like this:

Crisp Kelly Ruscoe
T Brown Moore Quaynor

Grundy De Goey N Daicos
Macrea Maynard J Daicos

Mihocek Henry Stengle
Cameron Mclean Bianco

Int:

Emer:
McCreery Poulter C Brown McInnes Noble Johnson
howe and sidebottom traded? LOL. neither will be traded i'd put my house on it.

B: Quaynor, Roughead, Maynard
HB: Howe, Moore, Crisp
C: J Daicos, Adams, Sidebottom
HF: N Daicos, Mihocek, Henry
F: Elliott, Cameron, McCreery
Fol: Grundy, De Goey, Pendles
Int: Noble, Macrae, WHE, Sier (hoping he can get right)
Em: Poulter, Ginnivan, Bianco

every single team in the afl had key players missing games, dumb argument. Also Adams is really not that good.
adams is our most important and best mid

not many teams have missed their best mid for half the season and best key defender for nearly half too. im not talking about guys like daicos injured im talking key players

adams is our most important and best mid

not many teams have missed their best mid for half the season and best key defender for nearly half too. im not talking about guys like daicos injured im talking key players
Agreed. Also the who tackles the most, who also gets the more clearances. Won the copeland and was AA last year. People like to put him down that he isnt that good because his ball use can be shifty at times. But heart and soul of our midfield brigade.

Along with him, Moore and Howe, Elliott missing for half the year with his broken leg wasn't great either.

B- Howe - Roughead - Maynard
HB- Quaynoor - Moore - Crisp
C- Pendlebury - Adams - J.Daicos
HF- N.Daicos - Mihochek - Sidebottom
F- A. Johnson - Cameron - Elliot

R- Grundy - De Goey - Macrae

Bench: Henry - Dunstan - Noble - Kelly

Em: Mccreery - Thomas - Madgen

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 Team 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back