Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda
B: Brett Peake, Sam Gilbert, Jarryn Geary
HB: Farren Ray, Sam Fisher, Sean Dempster
C: Nick Dal Santo, Lenny Hayes, Brendon Goddard
HF: Jack Steven, Nick Riewoldt, Tom Ledger
F: Stephen Milne, Justin Koschitzke, Rhys Stanley
Foll: Ben McEvoy, Clinton Jones, Leigh Montagna
I/C: Jason Blake, David Armitage, Jamie Cripps, Arryn Siposs, Dean Polo, Terry Milera, Beau Wilkes
New: Terry Milera (Port Adelaide Magpies), Beau Wilkes (West Coast Eagles)

No Saad, but Dean Polo? Farren Ray getting a gig as well, named in the 18, so doubt he he won't play...

I'd take Blake, Cripps, Milera and Armo/Wilkes over, with Milera sub. Can't decide between Armo and Wilkes, although it's probably gonna be Armitage.

It's a quality lineup. Gray out is a massive blow for us, changed my tip... Saints by 19

On an individual note, I'm looking forward to Simpkin squaring off against Butcher. Butcher definitely looks to be a star of the future, so here's hoping Tommy can start the season well. We need it for his confidence.

Good to see the Mozz is in effect early L2M4G.

Any idea what the policy is for emergencies under Watters? Do the full 25 fly over Lyon style?

Looking forward to see who makes the side. I'd be very surprised if Cripps and Siposs don't make it. The wraps on those two from the coaches and players this offseason has been off the charts

Am I blind or is Tom Simpkin not there?

Looking forward to see who makes the side. I'd be very surprised if Cripps and Siposs don't make it. The wraps on those two from the coaches and players this offseason has been off the charts

Am I blind or is Tom Simpkin not there?

Attila Siposs has posted on Facebook that Arryn IS NOT playing on Sunday, he will be playing at Sandringham.

And nah Simpkin isnt there :confused::confused:

Surprised not to see Simpkin at full back, I guess that means Blake should be starting as we will be short a key defender otherwise. They have named Gilbert at full back but surely he won't be starting there.

If Siposs is out then hopefully Milera gets an opportunity in his home town, he is a pacy goalkicker and could be a handy sub. I'd imagine that Cripps and Armitage would get the other two bench spots ahead of Polo and Wilkes.

Not overly excited about Watters first team. To have, Wilkes, Polo, Blake etc ahead of Simpkin smacks of the conservative crap we had under Ross. If, as rumoured, Siposs is out then what's changed?
If the match committee, can't figure out that we need bold, aggressive, selection then we are headed for a slow BORING decline!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finals Week 1 - St Kilda
B: Sam Gilbert, Zac Dawson, Raphael Clarke
HB: Brendon Goddard, Sam Fisher, Jason Blake
C: Sean Dempster, Nick Dal Santo, Jason Gram
HF: Brett Peake, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F: Stephen Milne, Justin Koschitzke, Jarryn Geary
I/C: David Armitage, Jack Steven, Farren Ray, Dean Polo
Emg: Steven Baker, Michael S. Gardiner, Ryan Gamble

Rnd 1 2012 - St Kilda
B: Brett Peake, Sam Gilbert, Jarryn Geary
HB: Farren Ray, Sam Fisher, Sean Dempster
C: Nick Dal Santo, Lenny Hayes, Brendon Goddard
HF: Jack Steven, Nick Riewoldt, Tom Ledger
F: Stephen Milne, Justin Koschitzke, Rhys Stanley
I/C: Jason Blake, David Armitage, Jamie Cripps, Arryn Siposs, Dean Polo, Terry Milera, Beau Wilkes
New: Terry Milera (Port Adelaide Magpies), Beau Wilkes (West Coast Eagles)

Out: Gram, Dawson, Clarke, Schneider
In: Cripps, Siposs, Milera, Wilkes, Stanley, Ledger,

Aside from Wilkes, they're all young.
Don't want to be too drastic with the changes, change of coach/routine/plan is already going to be rough enough as is. Just need to ride out this transition period with a few wins under out belt. Simpkin, Ross, Saad's time will come. :thumbsu:

Just thinking about it, I'd rather bring Polo over to Adelaide than take a week off a kid in the VFL. Same with Wilkes. Don't really want kids going interstate and then not playing.

Who knows, maybe the kids not playing is all part of the plan. Going to wait until we play and then decide how I feel.

Not overly excited about Watters first team. To have, Wilkes, Polo, Blake etc ahead of Simpkin smacks of the conservative crap we had under Ross. If, as rumoured, Siposs is out then what's changed?
If the match committee, can't figure out that we need bold, aggressive, selection then we are headed for a slow BORING decline!!!

Blake was very good at VFL.
Wilkes is probably emergency for BOTH ends, something Simpkin can't do.
Polo is a good emergency all rounder as well, more so than Saad or Siposs.
Geary had a shocker with injury last year, and after his last NAB cup game I'm anxious to see how he goes.

The emergencies basically get the weekend off so the others will get a chance to stake their claim in the VFL.

No problem with Gears being there.

I'm a bit dark about Sippos and Simpkin, straight up. I'd love the little Pharoah to be there, especially with Schneids out, but I understand.

I think what bothers me is, look, your first game is a statement as a coach. Who you pick SAYS something. It is a statement of your future direction. It almost feels like Watters' statement here is to try to not make a statement... which inadvertently makes a very loud, and rather distressing statement.

And it makes me ask myself - if Raph, Schneider, Gram weren't injured, would they still be playing?... and would I really want them to be?... (Schneids is a definite yes... the others... not so much...)

Sorry but I disagree. I have heard too often their time will come. Wasn't that said, about Walsh? Their time will come? Can you put a date on that? Players like, Polo, Ray, Blake etc have no improvement in them. Is Simpkin, Siposs good enough? I don't know, but let's play them and find out.
DiD we really know if Lynch was good enough? Personally I don't think so. Have the balls to play them, that's what I say.

Really people are bitching already. 10 players have played less then 53 games. 5 of them less then 10.

Terry Milera - 0
Tom Ledger – 2
Jamie Cripps - 4
Arryn Siposs - 5
Rhys Stanley – 9
Beau Wilkes – 23
Jack Steven - 30
David Armitage - 50
Jarryn Geary – 52
Ben McEvoy – 53

But hey why dont we just play all the kids and axe the senior guys....

Carlton Pre season form = POOR
Richmond Pre season = GOOD

Carlton smash them by 44 points

St kilda Pre season form = POOR
Port Adealaide Pre season = GOOD

St kilda by 45 Points. Dont bash me, let me be optimistic, Im an Apprentice :)

Even if Siposs isn't in there, Geary, Stanley, Ledger are in there and we all assume Cripps will make it so I don't think it's all doom and gloom yet. Let's wait until 5pm tomorrow and see what the final team is and if guys like Blake, Ray and Polo are getting in over the likes of Siposs, Cripps etc then we can all go headhunting.

I think we need Blake in at the moment. Focus on winning games first, then building form and putting in kids... this is a big game for us.

Stoked to see Ledger in there.

Firstly, the squad isn't finalised yet :p

Secondly, Ledger really deserved a spot after his preseason and got rewarded with one, so yay.

The others, well....honestly, no real standouts. Perhaps Cripps, who showed heaps of determination and who I think may be the sub?

Maybe another way of looking at it.

Stanley probably won over Siposs
Milera probably won over Saad
Geary probably won over Winmar

I think Simpkin needs to add another string to his bow perhaps?

I think we need Blake in at the moment. Focus on winning games first, then building form and putting in kids... this is a big game for us.

Stoked to see Ledger in there.

I think it would be wise of Watters to ease Simpkin into the AFL full back position. Scotty loves Blakey and knows he can handle that role whilst Simpkin adjusts this year.

Ledger's in the starting 18 after only playing two AFL games, Stanley with only 9. Just think about that for a moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 1 v Port Adelaide @ AAMI Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back