VFL Round 1 vs Sydney Swans VFL, Whitten Oval 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever the problem with us is, it's list-wide.

Animated GIF

Have not looked like kicking a goal out there, we have no ****ing tall options up forward. The best option is a Martin that cannot get off the ground.

Don’t really understand why Stef is even playing. Break glass in case of emergency type.

The guy will be too sore or injured to play next week at the rate he’s going.

I think the answer is this:

Is it though? It's fully what I expected. If he is to make it in our side this season, it would be as a 50/50 partnership with English. If we picked him, he would spend a fair bit of time forward.

As much as most of us on here would love Sweet to competently play 80% time in the ruck and allow English to be mostly up forward it seems the plan is for English to play significant ruck minutes. If that's what we want out of English then we need Sweet to be able to play forward.

We're bombing in hope up the line with no tall options, if we have a team of short people then we need to put it in low and fast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only key defender we have Buku. Of course he's going to get smacked by a half decent player in Amarti.

Raak looks like a solid pick up. He may be a great mid sized defender.

Jones is flashy, we need some in of that in our forward 50.

Butler is solid on the wing and hits targets by foot. Is it his time to bring that to the seniors?

How long until we give West a midfield rotation in the senior side? Dude can't do much more than what he's been doing over the past year.

I’m sorry but McComb is the most laughable list management decision I’ve possibly ever seen
We take a Footscray player every year so I suspect there are non player specific reasons.

The only thing that might make sense is a theory that it allows us to attract better VFL-listed players (in the hope they are the next Gowers, Hayes, McComb), which improves the quality of the team and a winning team in turn is better for developing young players. I hope its not some other "togetherness" nonsense between the teams that we're paying a list spot for.

Playing like a team of individuals. Get back to the basics and do that properly instead of trying to do things you aren't capable of. Rhylee West running around like he is Dustin Martin.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL Round 1 vs Sydney Swans VFL, Whitten Oval 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back