Preview Round 10: St Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

How is saying I think Blake and Kosi can break even with Maric getting ahead of myself? Maric has been good this year but he isn't superman, while Blake and Kosi have rucked quite a lot in the past and are no slouches. Blake managed 31 hitouts against Sydney which is more than any other ruckman in that match.

Maric will probably have the edge in the ruck but he might struggle to match Blake and Kosi around the ground and when they push forward.

Maric is ranked 6th for ave hitouts 29, Minson 29.4, Jacobs 29.9, Jamar 36.9, Mumford 37.5, and Sandi 42.1.

Now Maric wins hands down around the ground in every stat except I50 Minson by 0.9, Goals Mummy by 0.4, Tackles to Mummy by 0.1, and Disposals to Sandi by 0.8.

Maric has been a massive revelation and as someone who was seen as a discard and a temporary ruck until we developed a better one, is in AA form and if he keeps it up will get it. Plus he is one tough mudder in the stoppages.

Beware of the Mullet.

Honestly this is probably the largest opposition forum discussion thread I've seen the Tiger supporters participate in this year, credit to you guys for making us welcome.
Who doesn´t like the Tigers ?
Loyal supporters, great theme song & colours, promising youngsters and you got that bloke in the tiger suit in the cheersquad each week. I always had a soft spot for the tiges, watched them alot as a kid as my brother was a Richmond supporter. Even liked them when they were mean and nasty, growling tigers in the seventies pummeling opposition teams.Legendary players Captain Blood, Royce Hart, The Flea, Rioli, Richo.

Watching them this year it is clear to see they are not far off being a top team. Got some bonafide stars and have recruited well with Morris & The Mullet to fill some deficiencies like we have with Saad & Milera. I´d personally be wrapt to see the Tigers roaring again. They deserve some success and will get it soon.

Us Sainters have alot of respect for Richmond. If we can get over the tiges we are travelling really well. If we can´t then we´ve got alot more work to do. It´s a huge game for both clubs and the joint is gonna be rocking on friday night. :thumbsu:
Think it will be the Saints by 15.

Maric is ranked 6th for ave hitouts 29, Minson 29.4, Jacobs 29.9, Jamar 36.9, Mumford 37.5, and Sandi 42.1.

Now Maric wins hands down around the ground in every stat except I50 Minson by 0.9, Goals Mummy by 0.4, Tackles to Mummy by 0.1, and Disposals to Sandi by 0.8.

Maric has been a massive revelation and as someone who was seen as a discard and a temporary ruck until we developed a better one, is in AA form and if he keeps it up will get it. Plus he is one tough mudder in the stoppages.

Beware of the Mullet.

Well I have Maric in my DT side so I'm fully aware of how well he is going, his last 4 games have all been scores over a ton.

However I think Kosi and Blake are capable of matching Maric or at least not letting him have a huge influence on the game. The game will be won and lost in the midfield rather than in the ruck, we've shown this year that we don't need to win the ruck to win the midfield battle.

I had a feeling this would be sellout, luckily I got my tickets yesterday!

This will be the third time I’ll be heading to watch the saints play this year (saw saints vs dockers and saints vs hawks).
Hopefully it isn’t third time unlucky for me :(

Did they release more tickets?
I tried to get some Tuesday morning but was told there were none available because it was not a ticketed game so I'd have to just go and scan my membership on the night.

Pretty frustrating.

There are tickets available, I tried before. IT'S NOT SOLD OUT

Well I have Maric in my DT side so I'm fully aware of how well he is going, his last 4 games have all been scores over a ton.

However I think Kosi and Blake are capable of matching Maric or at least not letting him have a huge influence on the game. The game will be won and lost in the midfield rather than in the ruck, we've shown this year that we don't need to win the ruck to win the midfield battle.

We have shown this year that Maric is the massive piston in the ruck feeding the midfield engine in Cotchin, Deledio, Foely and Martin.

This from the AFL preview.

4. St Kilda, with its ruck problems, has picked the wrong time to run into the Richmond juggernaut, Ivan Maric. Maric's competitiveness has been one of the main reasons behind Richmond's rise from one of the worst clearance teams in 2011 to one of the best. Last week, against Hawthorn, he played his best game of his short tenure at Punt Rd, with his marking a notable feature. The Saints' makeshift ruckman, Jason Blake, has a large job ahead of him.

It's not that they said it was sold out, just that I couldn't book a seat in general admission with my membership/s because it wasn't fully ticketed... if I miss out because I'm late from work relying on walk up I will be very angry.

This from the AFL preview.

What's your point? The AFL preview is one of the least insightful previews going around.

I.e.

1. The injury to Ben McEvoy has re-jigged not only St Kilda's ruck stocks but also its forward line. Rhys Stanley becomes the No.1 ruckman after spending much of the year as the No. 3 tall forward. It remains to be seen if this is where Stanley is best suited, but McEvoy is one of the team's most valuable players and the Blues have an imposing ruck duo in Matthew Kreuzer and Shaun Hampson.

AFL.com.au prediction: Carlton by 29 points

How'd that work out?

No change this week for mine. We have a game against Gold Coast next week so that's the time to start working Schneider into the team with Sandy having a couple of weeks off. If Geary can't get up I'd move Cripps to his spot and bring in Ledger.

Can't wait for this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not that they said it was sold out, just that I couldn't book a seat in general admission with my membership/s because it wasn't fully ticketed... if I miss out because I'm late from work relying on walk up I will be very angry.

Did some investigation and found this on the saints website about Ticketing information for this game http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/137154/default.aspx

So Im going to assume we will be fine.

It is a tough spot for GA members as Im going with friends and we normally stand for STK/RICH games and I dont want to fork out $$ for a seat on any level which I wont use. But you cant get a GA ticket from your membership to guarantee you. Well all fingers crossed for Friday I guess!

What's your point? The AFL preview is one of the least insightful previews going around.

I.e.

1. The injury to Ben McEvoy has re-jigged not only St Kilda's ruck stocks but also its forward line. Rhys Stanley becomes the No.1 ruckman after spending much of the year as the No. 3 tall forward. It remains to be seen if this is where Stanley is best suited, but McEvoy is one of the team's most valuable players and the Blues have an imposing ruck duo in Matthew Kreuzer and Shaun Hampson.

AFL.com.au prediction: Carlton by 29 points

How'd that work out?

I think it would be best to not be cocky about knocking Richmond over on Friday night.

Where does Maric rank according to champion data this year? Top 5 I'm guessing?

What happened to our side in Perth a fortnight ago? How much did we lose by again and how many goals did the best Ruck in Australia kick again?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Just like the GF replay of 2010. One side came to play and the other came to win. There is no point talking the tiges down. They are a great outfit and mega-hungry.

This contest should not be taken lightly.

The Saints will be playing a young side on the up who are ready to dish up champagne football.

Yes the Saints have quality, skill and experience. But at that same time let's not get carried away as supporters with the greatness of the Saints. The St.Kilda FC is great considering the wobbles 2010 draw and dragging the greatest team of the modern era to the wire in 2009. No doubt St.Kilda still has champions in the squad.

Ultimately, it will come down to who wants the footy and the blokes playing the Saints on Friday aren't afraid of a one-on-one contested situation.

Many Richmond players have volatile temperaments yet they are determined and have to be beaten to the contest.

It will be a ferocious contest. I just hope our players can harness the guile of experience and put it on the scoreboard. Because we can win and will win if the above factors are communicated to the players and understood by the coaching staff.

These blokes are going to throw the kitchen sink at us.

Make or break?

Let's break Richmond on Friday night!

GO SAINTS!

P.S. It's only Round 9. Plenty of time for the current playing group to write their names in folklore!

I think it would be best to not be cocky about knocking Richmond over on Friday night.

Where does Maric rank according to champion data this year? Top 5 I'm guessing?

What happened to our side in Perth a fortnight ago?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Just like the GF replay of 2010. One side came to play and the other came to win. There is no point talking the tiges down. They are a great outfit and mega-hungry.

This contest should not be taken lightly.

The Saints will be playing a young side on the up who are ready to dish up champagne football.

Yes we have quality, skill and experience. But at that same time let's not get carried away with the greatness of the Saints.

Ultimately it will come down to who wants the footy and the blokes playing the Saints on Friday arent afraid of a one-on-one contested situation.

Many Richmond players have volatile temperaments yet they are determined and have to be beaten to the contest.

It will be a ferocious contest. I just hope our players can harness the guile of experience and put it on the scoreboard. Because we can win and will win if the above factors are communicated to the players and understood by the coaching staff.

These blokes are going to throw the kitchen sink at us.

Make or break?

Let's break Richmond on Friday night!

GO SAINTS!

Sensible post well done, and agreed the contest will be ferocious looking forward to seeing Morris match up on Milne, Morris refuses to be beaten but i will concede that Milne is probably the best small forward of this generation, Rance's bravery borderlines stupidity and we love him the more for it, gives it his all in a contest and refuses to be beaten, Rooey however is one of the best gut runners in football and ill be suprised (happily though) if rance can run out the game on him.

I am genuinely worried about Milera and Saad, think they will make the difference if Kingy and Nahas don't have good games.

The battle of the midfielders should be the most entertaining though Dal, Hayes, Joey, Steven, Armitage, Goddard ( sorry if i missed anyone) Vs Tuck, Cotchin, Deledio, Foley, Martin, Conca, Grigg will be great.

And of course i can only hope that our forward line fires itself up again.

Will be a cracker and honestly think it will come down to whichever team is hungrier for the win. Good luck, all the best for Friday night.

also GO THE TIGES! :p

For mine, the advantage will come from
- Richmond Half Back
- Milne / Saad / Milera vs Morris / Houli / Dea
- Ruck
- JR vs Gilbert

Both teams could argue advantage, however I think that anyone is kidding themselves to pull out a pencil to call Friday.

If both teams turn up, it will be a work drinks well skipped for me.

Given the talk of Schneider (this week or next), is there room for him?

For mine, the advantage will come from
- Richmond Half Back
- Milne / Saad / Milera vs Morris / Houli / Dea
- Ruck
- JR vs Gilbert

Both teams could argue advantage, however I think that anyone is kidding themselves to pull out a pencil to call Friday.

If both teams turn up, it will be a work drinks well skipped for me.

Given the talk of Schneider (this week or next), is there room for him?

There is room for Schneids yet he may not play. Because your backline is too slow and predictable. Your mids better work extra hard at the contest or you will get pummelled!

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 10: St Kilda vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back