Preview Round 11, 2018: Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, 2 June 2018, 2.10pm @ UTas Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS.. what is TOB doing for Clarko to be getting a game? Tim has been as rubbish in the VFL as he has been in the AFL, if there isn't enough evidence to show this bloke isn't AFL standard then there never will be. Absolutely mind blowing.

Going to love to read a post when you're not blubbering about something.

#mission impossible

My boy Timmy is back!
3 goals this week from TOB... couple of hangers... forward pressure acts... couple of good tackles.
I can see the melts now!

All aboard the Timmy train! Toot Toot

I certainly hope you're right as he has only played a few reasonable games out of his 42 appearances. I f he could repeat his Melbourne form every week or two he would be an asset.

TOB criticism is too harsh.can't cannibalise your own team too much. I am intrigued as to why Schoey doesnt seem to be in the picture. Is he not fit enough yet?

It is pretty harsh. Some people always have a whipping boy.

Schoey needs to beat down the barn door x 10 as he is not the future. TOB still has promise... though needs to grab the game and WANT THE BALL.

I certainly hope you're right as he has only played a few reasonable games out of his 42 appearances. I f he could repeat his Melbourne form every week or two he would be an asset.
Fingers crossed mate.
I liked Litherland also... o_O

I think everyone agrees that Schoey will never be a star but i would much rather a 10 touch, 4 marks, 1 goal game from him compared to Timmy. Neither kick bags for us but Shoey really seems to straighten us up and and runs hard and to the right places more often then not.

Depends whether you're playing for now or the future. Shoey, though serviceable, ain't the future. Would you rather bet on a win or a place?

Last edited:
Absolutely FOS.. no coach tells a key forward to go out and just get the footy a dozen times and take a mark or 2 and kick a goal, they especially don't tell that to a guy who is 6 years on a list and should be levels above the worst VFL comp we've seen in decades. Deadset the standard of VFL is no better than the EFL/EDFL/VAFA premier divisions.
No but there are other things that matter that are part of what he needed to do given we got murdered the ball wasnt up in the forward line. He gets his chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No issue with TOB coming in . We are not winning the flag this year , not finishing top 4 and squeezing into the 8 might even be a bridge too far for us especially in current form

We need to play him and a few other guys like him to see whether they are our future or not
Yep he has played 40odd games , another 8-10 won’t hurt us.

It was true but. O'Rourke wasn't as influential the last two weeks.... underwhelming really, given his age and experience.

I really don't understand this bit. He should have a lot more games for his age, but really he's a very inexperienced player.

He's played a total of 18 AFL games. 9 for us and 9 for GWS. Unlike guys like Sicily who served a long apprenticeship in the VFL he hasn't even played many games there. 7 and 8 games only at Box Hill over the last two years. He's played more games in the NEAFL than at any other level (had trouble cementing a spot at GWS with his continual injury issues it seems). If you've seen him play regularly at Box Hill recently, and just don't think he has the raw material to be an AFL player , then fair enough, but due to his injury issues he's massively inexperienced for his age. I'd also argue its worse than the small number of games he has under his belt makes it look, because he's never had long periods of continuity at any level to build form, so he should still be really underdeveloped for his age.

(EDIT: Actually missed his 2015 where he had a pretty good run at it in the VFL and still only got 2 senior games. Still, only 1 year not ruined by injury , and now his 6th year in the system is not a lot of development. 2015 Hawthorn was a pretty hard side to break into too).

Last edited:
Fingers crossed mate.
I liked Litherland also... o_O

Watched our thrilling round 2 win against the druggies in Tim and Lither's early days. Litherland showed more promis than Tim, but even at that early stage Bruce labelled him a future champion. I would love to see him play three or four games in a row where he really has an impact, but I am not that confident.

Unfortunately, I think Kiwi will go the same way as Litherland, and be delisted this year. Both those guys gave 110% but just weren't quite up to the standard.

Absolutely FOS.. no coach tells a key forward to go out and just get the footy a dozen times and take a mark or 2 and kick a goal, they especially don't tell that to a guy who is 6 years on a list and should be levels above the worst VFL comp we've seen in decades. Deadset the standard of VFL is no better than the EFL/EDFL/VAFA premier divisions.

The only one FOS here is you - week in week out.

I am guessing you don't know much about the club and certainly are no where near the inner sanctum. I now hope TOB plays the game of his life just to spite you - you pillock

Forward line in the games Schoey played this year was far more potent than the ones TOB has played the same role. It’s a shame he hasn’t been given another run at it.

He is largely been injured during that time. He might surprise u this week

Just for the people wondering why Schoey is not getting a gig, he is listed as an out for Box Hill and not named as an emergency for the Hawks either so it looks like he is possibly injured unfortunately.

Thanks for that. I did wonder when he was not named as an emergency but the Box Hill team had not come out earlier when I looked and I had to go out, been in a flap ever since! Aaahhh, I feel a bit better now :) :p (Hopefully the injury nothing too bad though :think: ).

Thanks for that. I did wonder when he was not named as an emergency but the Box Hill team had not come out earlier when I looked and I had to go out, been in a flap ever since! Aaahhh, I feel a bit better now :) :p (Hopefully the injury nothing too bad though :think: ).

I actually think not a bad side on paper and would consider swapping over O'Brien to CHB and Sicily to CHF?

Feel a bit sorry for Mirra as thought he looked quite composed in the back line as players need time to adjust to the tempo not just dropped one week then in the next like Yoyos..

We need to win this one is the understatement of the year!

I actually think not a bad side on paper and would consider swapping over O'Brien to CHB and Sicily to CHF?

Feel a bit sorry for Mirra as thought he looked quite composed in the back line as players need time to adjust to the tempo not just dropped one week then in the next like Yoyos..ers

We need to win this one is the understatement of the year!

Sicily is one of our best players for the year. Surely he stays where he is playing like a jet, unless the game calls for it.

Do think TOB reads teh play better in the back line, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back