Preview Round 11, 2018: Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, 2 June 2018, 2.10pm @ UTas Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we’re not playing them in Adelaide after a string of tough games.

Think they will have too much leg speed and class based on the past couple of weeks.

We will have to play more direct, positive football to have a shot. We were far too negative last week.

Glad we’re not playing them in Adelaide after a string of tough games.

Think they will have too much leg speed and class based on the past couple of weeks.

We will have to play more direct, positive football to have a shot. We were far too negative last week.
They scored about 9 goals by half time with us goalless. Surely can’t happen again.

I hope someone at least watches Polec. He's far from a great player but when he's up and about they generally win. When he is curtailed they struggle.

I actually don't disagree with you, Mitch Lewis looks a better long term prospect but was just half pace and a few kgs off it on the weekend, signs are pretty positive though. Schoey would be my pick, I feel he straightens us up more but I am just starting to accept theres an immense crush on TOB within the 4 walls of the footy club and we have to accept it.
Schoey wasn't available, not playing footy this weekend

Just saying it how it is with TOB, He's never making as a quality footballer at AFL level.
You're just being miserable, you didn't need to post anything, try saying something nice about the club or players for once

Is it just my dodgy memory or does Patty Ryder consistently play above his usual output when vs Hawthorn?

I don't remember Ryder playing especially well against us, consistently. But there have been a few games against Port that I have blocked from my memory.

I am always worried about the opposition player who is currently out of form. We will help them turn their form around, in our uncanny way....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh great, a Launceston game. They’re always so good to watch.
Been waiting for this comment. Pretty sure the football will be just as shit to watch as most games no matter where or who is playing.

Feel free not to bother, whilst i’ll drive my way up and back from Hobart tomorrow and will enjoy watching some AFL.

So over this bullshit about Launceston being crap games. Most of our games this year have been crap games to watch, move on.

This isn’t aimed directly at you Abasi, you just happen to be the first to make the comment.

Rant over.

I’m firmly entrenched in the hope that Timmy O can can have a breakout game of sorts tomorrow, gain some confidence and start to become a great asset for us. Looking forward to seeing Jaeger up close and in full flight too.

GO HAWKS!

Been waiting for this comment. Pretty sure the football will be just as shit to watch as most games no matter where or who is playing.

Feel free not to bother, whilst i’ll drive my way up and back from Hobart tomorrow and will enjoy watching some AFL.

So over this bullshit about Launceston being crap games. Most of our games this year have been crap games to watch, move on.

This isn’t aimed directly at you Abasi, you just happen to be the first to make the comment.

Rant over.

I’m firmly entrenched in the hope that Timmy O can can have a breakout game of sorts tomorrow, gain some confidence and start to become a great asset for us. Looking forward to seeing Jaeger up close and in full flight too.

GO HAWKS!
I hope its a crap game to watch

For port supporters

Further more it is more likely he did what was required of him as part of that box hill and Clarko sees a role that he can play against port. As I have said multiple times on here. It's never about the individual it's what role they will play
Must be a role that requires TOB to stay as far away from the football as possible and avoid marking it at all costs. :drunk:

Seriously though, I get what you're saying and agree. At least Timmy can play both ends and covers a lot of ground so there's no doubting his versatility for a big man, he's just such a frustrating player to watch right now.

I’m so disappointed in our senior leaders. They will shape our younger players future and out next generation and other than Burgoyne haven’t even given a whimper to live up to the Hodge, Mitchell, Gibbo and Lake days. I’m not talking about performances, I’m saying leadership. Hardwick is actually our best leader along with Burgoyne and probably should be a premature Captain ...

I’m so disappointed in our senior leaders. They will shape our younger players future and out next generation and other than Burgoyne haven’t even given a whimper to live up to the Hodge, Mitchell, Gibbo and Lake days. I’m not talking about performances, I’m saying leadership. Hardwick is actually our best leader along with Burgoyne and probably should be a premature Captain ...

They definitely gave him that 15 for a reason.

Hardwick is mechanically incapable of taking a backwards step when challenged, can wear any kind of physical punishments, reads the ball coming into the backline well, is broad of shoulder, quick on his feet, and a sharp decision making leader who is creative with his kicking.

No coincidence that we supporters see it too.

Rant over.

GO HAWKS!

I always look forward to games in Launceston, because for me the result determines my level of enjoyment.
I can never, remember not enjoying a win and I can never remember, enjoying a loss.
The greatest Grand Final of all time, would of been my least enjoyable to watch. If we had of lost the 89 Grand Final by a goal.

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable journey Changa.

I don't remember Ryder playing especially well against us, consistently.

McEvoy has always struggled against Ryder because he jumps over the top. But his achilles problem will make it more difficult and should allow McEvoy to compete better at stoppages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back