Preview Round 11: Carlton v Essendon, Friday 7th June 7:50pm, MCG - Team post #834

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, what about dropping scotland? Reasons being that this year he has been losing his strengths... in past seasons his speed was great and therefore his disposal (or you could say his decision making was better) but i in saying that i think they are related... in the 3 games i have attended this year he has played twice, compared to last year he looks much slower, so just maybe imo because he is getting older and slower (not that scotland is slow just not what he was last year). I think that he still thinks he has the speed and time to get rid of the ball but in fact he doesn't therefore is getting caught holding the ball about 3 or 4 times a game... not great when your playing on the hb flank... but its just a thought, on another topic Cachia has been fantastic and no way deservers to be dropped..

Scotland is class and I personally have only seen him caught with the ball because of errors in judgement.

Winderlich
Maybe.

I couldn't really think of a good match up.

If you were Essendon, you would try to isolate a tall mid/utility like Watson, Myers, Goddard and Heppell on Bootsma, Simpson, Tuohy and Walker. They'd want them to be part of their midfield rotations, but pushing one forward could be a Duigan to the forwardline type move. They need to make Walker accountable and stay closer to goal.

I wouldn't be comfortable with Boots being isolated one out at this stage in his career. He's no Gibbs one out.

Wonder if Laidler will be considered for a forward role or to play on Goddard.

Maybe.

I couldn't really think of a good match up.

If you were Essendon, you would try to isolate a tall mid/utility like Watson, Myers, Goddard and Heppell on Bootsma, Simpson, Tuohy and Walker. They'd want them to be part of their midfield rotations, but pushing one forward could be a Duigan to the forwardline type move. They need to make Walker accountable and stay closer to goal.

I wouldn't be comfortable with Boots being isolated one out at this stage in his career. He's no Gibbs one out.

Wonder if Laidler will be considered for a forward role or to play on Goddard.

If they tried to make Walker Accountable I would move Walker closer to our goal.

See how they like that. Maybe put him on Carlisle where he can take not mark of the year.

May have already been raised, but please tell me you're wearing your proper jumper this week.

We never wear our clash jumper against Essendon. It'll be navy blue with the white shorts.

Who gets Crameri?

He's an odd one...can play, but is somewhere in between KPF and HFF? Do we plonk a KPD on him (Jamo/Hendo) or a more mobile running type backman (White/Zach)?

Whitey for mine...seemed on Sat to be working himself back into his earlier season form. However we set up though, get Zach using his run and that leg of his off half-back...poetry in motion.
Jamison for mine. Just chuck someone from the cheer squad on Gumby and Hurley. Mega spuds.

Geez! This game will have massive ramifications for our season and our psyche.

As the Tigers look to steamroll the Eagles tonight, the significance of the result on Friday surely won't be lost on the boys.

This will be a cracker!

you should be more worried who is going to stop our forwards more I think! granted eddie betts is a gun(I love watching him play) but not to worried about that other bloke you mentioned !

Yeh right numpty...

Your dysfunctuonal forward line you mean, crameri your leading goal kicker who everyone on your board wants to drop..

Heres hoping your coaches pay jeffy the same lack of respect but some how I doubt it

I haven't read all the posts but could Gibbs run with Watson and maybe give Cachia a go on Watson at some stage. If AC does come in I would start him on the interchange or as the sub.

I would also count the match against Freo as a danger match. I don't hate Essendon as much as the rest of you for me I cannot stand Collingwood or St Kilda.

Richmond playing outstanding against WCE.

if Carrots doesnt get up for this one, what are the chances of Joseph coming in and playing a negating role (similar to what he did on ablett a few times) and play on zacharakis or maybe watson???

I'd rather Mick pull on the boots and captain-coach the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alwyn Divey is another that gives me the ....

I bet he's an in..

Never forget the game a few years ago now when Thornton ran into him to chest him after Essendon kicked a goal, fell over like he'd just been shot and the umpire fell for it. Got a free kick and resulted in a goal. Has been to the Lindsay Thomas appealing for free kicks every time ho goes near the footy.

Essendon seem to have a lot of sore players and if they play players who will obviously be under the weather like Dempsey then it's hard to see them finishing the game too well. Heppell is a player who will need to be 100% for them, he will have a big job. We should be very fresh and in a game that will be all about run, spread and defensive pressure, the advantage should be to us.

Can't explain enough my hatred for this mob. After all the drug cheating my hatred for them has intensified, if that is possible.

A win here would be so sweet. But a loss would be really tough to take when you know the opposition have used performance enhancing drugs over the last year.

Hopefully we can put in a good 3-4 quarter performance that will define our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back