Preview Round 11: Carlton v Essendon, Friday 7th June 7:50pm, MCG - Team post #834

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cashboult has to play no doubts about that, the kid can crash the packs hard and bring the ball down, even if he can't mark the ball it will make the defenders think twice about backing into packs etc. And not to mention with Yarran, Betts and Garlett surrounding Cashboult and Waite we will be in a good position. The other thing that I liked about Cashboult on Saturday was that he floated down to the back line to help them out as well, and that is good to see that he has/is trying to add another string to his bow, we need to keep him in the team and let him build his confidence instead of dropping him every other match, does no good for the kids confidence.

Shatterpoint said:
Looks like Dempsey might be playing against us?​
----------------------------------------------​
First Bounce - Kruezer wins the tap and it goes down the throat of Judd, who handballs to Murphy who puts the ball long and high into the Carlton forward line with Dempsey backing back, CASBOULT leads out from full forward and smashes the pack, Betts crumbs, handballs to Garlett who goallllllssssssss:)
Dempsey hasn't moved - why the Essendon coaching panel have picked him now must come into question as the doctor calls for the medic cart???​
This could be a bigger inquiry then the More Joyous (Singleton / Waterhouse) affair;) :D:p

Slight adjustment but I can see it happening ;)

Any one think laidler is a bit of a chance to come in? He scored 3 goals in the vfl and he could be that medium forward that we are missing. Also he could go back to allow hendo to move forward if we are desperate for another big target up forward. Not sure who goes out for him or even if hes up to the pace of the AFL just yet after his knee injury. Thoughts?

Any one think laidler is a bit of a chance to come in? He scored 3 goals in the vfl and he could be that medium forward that we are missing. Also he could go back to allow hendo to move forward if we are desperate for another big target up forward. Not sure who goes out for him or even if hes up to the pace of the AFL just yet after his knee injury. Thoughts?

I watched the VFL match last night. Whenever Laidler got the ball all I kept on thinking was 'this blokes too good for the VFL'. I liked what I saw of him up forward. Could be that good lead up marking forward, so we can leave Levi in the square.
If he doesn't get a shot soon, I fear we will lose him because another club will snap him up.

Will be interesting to see how the teams come out to play this week

WC thumped GWS and then came out and didn't fire a shot against the Tigers. It was like they forgot how to play competitive footy. Blues need to make sure they are on. Winning too easy can result in the formation of bad habits.

Essendon had a gruelling game in the wet and come well come out with lead feet. They were 6 goals down in the 3rd quarter and fought back to only lose by 44pts. Not sure how they can't view that as a thumping in the wet.

While Blues haven't really clicked this year with Murph being a shadow of his 2011 form, we are a 3 goal better side Waite and haven't lost with hin on the park. He would likely been the difference in at least 2 of the losses.

We will have a better idea of how we are travelling after Friday.

I watched the VFL match last night. Whenever Laidler got the ball all I kept on thinking was 'this blokes too good for the VFL'. I liked what I saw of him up forward. Could be that good lead up marking forward, so we can leave Levi in the square.
If he doesn't get a shot soon, I fear we will lose him because another club will snap him up.
Unlikely to be promoted this week after Yagmoor picked up Laidler and set up play with his run. Dempsey and Hibberd would do similar. Would have to play on a slower player ATM.

Unlikely to be promoted this week after Yagmoor picked up Laidler and set up play with his run. Dempsey and Hibberd would do similar. Would have to play on a slower player ATM.

I would have thought if Laidler was picked this week, he'd more than likely play in defence on Crameri. Don't think we have a great matchup for him, although I think Walker would do ok on him. Think Crameri is too good for White.

I would have thought if Laidler was picked this week, he'd more than likely play in defence on Crameri. Don't think we have a great matchup for him, although I think Walker would do ok on him. Think Crameri is too good for White.

Crameri has speed and Laidler doesn't. I wouldn't have thought that would be a good match up.

The inclusion of Betts should see Yaz go back. It doesnt seem to work out as well for us when Yaz, Betts, and Jeffy play up forward together. Would rather see Yaz delivering into the 50.

Levi is set to smash a few Black and Red packs on Friday. I would seriously feel sorry for those that stand in his way. Poor Menzel copped a sore back last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the Mix

CARLTON
The Blues will welcome back star forward Eddie Betts from suspension and could have the option of bringing in as many as four players from injury against Essendon at the MCG on Friday night.
They will sweat on the fitness of Chris Judd (hamstring), Andrew Carrazzo (calf) and Kane Lucas (hamstring), and might choose to include ruckman Robert Warnock (knee) to counter the Bombers' big men.
Current VFL players who may come into calculations include reinvented forward Jeremy Laidler (three goals), tall timber Shaun Hampson (36 hitouts) and Sam Rowe, backmen Matthew Watson and Nick Duigan, and speedsters Dylan Buckley and Aaron Joseph. - Ben Collins

The inclusion of Betts should see Yaz go back. It doesnt seem to work out as well for us when Yaz, Betts, and Jeffy play up forward together. Would rather see Yaz delivering into the 50.

Levi is set to smash a few Black and Red packs on Friday. I would seriously feel sorry for those that stand in his way. Poor Menzel copped a sore back last week.

All 3 have only played 2 games together all year.

Tigers - Betts broke his jaw about 5 minutes in
Saints - Yarran was off after about 15 minutes

I am happy to give it another go.

All 3 have only played 2 games together all year.

Tigers - Betts broke his jaw about 5 minutes in
Saints - Yarran was off after about 15 minutes

I am happy to give it another go.

My point exactly. Serious head clash if three little fellas attack for the ball.

I'm excited to see Waite back in. He is marking the prune as well as I have ever seen, and has the perfect crumbers in Garlett, Betts and Yarran at his feet if the ball goes to ground.

I must say, I hold my breath every time he flies for a mark in a pack. He leaps high and early, and looks vulnerable to a heavy landing.

Waite is Carlton's most important player. Here's hoping he keeps his balance, and keeps his cool for the rest of the season.

Its a tough decision. And like many have said it may be his leg speed that keeps him out. But i believe we are a much better team with him in there. For such a short player not many people can mark the ball one on one with him. Hes more like a mclean who knows where to be and doesn't need leg speed to be effective. how do we use him!?!

Laidlers only chances to play down back.

If MM wants to play Walker forward, doubt this will happen based on Walkers form down back. White's form has him ahead of Laidler fighting for the one role.

Laidlers chance to play forward - Very little based on what Menzel has shown, Waite provides as a lead up and what Casboult slash Kruezer offer when an extra tall may be required to stretch teams. Then if opportunity allows and we can spare HENDERSON forward, all teams look out. Malthouse may use this to test teams & as they say "roll the dice".

Agree - Handy position to be in as he is up to AFL standard:thumbsu:

Laidlers only chances to play down back.

If MM wants to play Walker forward, doubt this will happen based on Walkers form down back. White's form has him ahead of Laidler fighting for the one role.

Laidlers chance to play forward - Very little based on what Menzel has shown, Waite provides as a lead up and what Casboult slash Kruezer offer when an extra tall may be required to stretch teams. Then if opportunity allows and we can spare HENDERSON forward, all teams look out. Malthouse may use this to test teams & as they say "roll the dice".

I don't know. Swap them around and we could be talking a very different story.

Still can't make out exactly what the go is with Laidler and the club are very coy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back