Preview Round 11: Carlton v Essendon, Friday 7th June 7:50pm, MCG - Team post #834

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought, what about dropping scotland? Reasons being that this year he has been losing his strengths... in past seasons his speed was great and therefore his disposal (or you could say his decision making was better) but i in saying that i think they are related... in the 3 games i have attended this year he has played twice, compared to last year he looks much slower, so just maybe imo because he is getting older and slower (not that scotland is slow just not what he was last year). I think that he still thinks he has the speed and time to get rid of the ball but in fact he doesn't therefore is getting caught holding the ball about 3 or 4 times a game... not great when your playing on the hb flank... but its just a thought, on another topic Cachia has been fantastic and no way deservers to be dropped..

If someone keeps getting caught with the ball I think you should be looking at the guys around him not talking more so than the guy with the ball.

Just a thought, what about dropping scotland? Reasons being that this year he has been losing his strengths... in past seasons his speed was great and therefore his disposal (or you could say his decision making was better) but i in saying that i think they are related... in the 3 games i have attended this year he has played twice, compared to last year he looks much slower, so just maybe imo because he is getting older and slower (not that scotland is slow just not what he was last year). I think that he still thinks he has the speed and time to get rid of the ball but in fact he doesn't therefore is getting caught holding the ball about 3 or 4 times a game... not great when your playing on the hb flank... but its just a thought, on another topic Cachia has been fantastic and no way deservers to be dropped..

Heath has been doing this for as long as he's been at the club. To me, it's been the only downside of his formidable football brain and skills. He'll regularly try to go that one yard too many, or turn away from one opponent only to end up in the arms of another.

Even in his B&F year he did it. It's just Heath, and it won't be this trait that costs him his spot in the team, it doesn't always hurt us like it did on Sunday. With everything else he offers, we can forgive him this one blemish, as we've always done.

Never forget the game a few years ago now when Thornton ran into him to chest him after Essendon kicked a goal, fell over like he'd just been shot and the umpire fell for it. Got a free kick and resulted in a goal. Has been to the Lindsay Thomas appealing for free kicks every time ho goes near the footy.
Sure we lost that one by 3 points too. Was the difference. No variables about it just a flat out extra 6 to them.

I was dirty on Thornton for that one

As a sign of solidarity the Essendon football club are going to allow their players to wear matching tourniquets around their arms.

Image25.jpg

Judd likely to return for Bombers clash
While one partnership will soon end at Carlton, another is set to be renewed, with Chris Judd a strong chance to return for the blockbuster against Essendon on Friday night.
Judd was a late withdrawal from the 94-point crunching of Greater Western Sydney on Saturday because of a tight hamstring, but he took to the training track in a light session on Monday.
The Blues were delighted with how he pulled up after the weekend's rest. A club spokesman said it was "looking really positive" the champion midfielder would face the Bombers but he needed to negotiate the remaining training sessions.
Frontline ruckman Robbie Warnock (knocked knee) also sat out of Saturday's clash but is expected to be available for selection
Sounds as though Judd has recovered just in time for this game. :D

Heath has been doing this for as long as he's been at the club. To me, it's been the only downside of his formidable football brain and skills. He'll regularly try to go that one yard too many, or turn away from one opponent only to end up in the arms of another.
Players not providing clear options upfield can make ball-holders look more indecisive than they really are. Credit to the young Giants, they were often a nuisance when we were clearing from defence. Scotty isn't Mitch - he won't just throw the ball on the boot in a reflex action. He'll weigh his choices and that's exactly what he should do.

Alleged drug cheating, '93 salary cap cheating the hoards of diving players who have represented their club, overly beefed up player smashing Carrazzo and getting of scott free, watching Camporeale and O'Donell celebrate in their box when they beat us like they had won the grand final one time. What's not to love?

If ever there was a club that it's satisfying to beat, it's this mob.

Alleged drug cheating, '93 salary cap cheating the hoards of diving players who have represented their club, overly beefed up player smashing Carrazzo and getting of scott free, watching Camporeale and O'Donell celebrate in their box when they beat us like they had won the grand final one time. What's not to love?

If ever there was a club that it's satisfying to beat, it's this mob.

Also, pretty sure they've had the maggots in their pocket. Can't otherwise explain the run we've copped.

The word is Hurley and Howlett will play, Dempsey 50/50 and Gumby a chance despite wearing a moon boot. I say bring it on, it's a massive risk playing underdone/unfit players.

Their depth is certainly something they may need to look at which they've started with the recruitment of Goddard. I guess we're lucky that Malthouse is cool and calm and will not rush injured players or players who havn't played a while back in which is why Carazzo will not come into the firsts this week if ready.

This is the game where Malthouse starts to earn his coin and can build his reputation further... at this point in previous seasons we've been on a similar win/loss but after with some injuries we've become mentally fragile and fall apart second half of the season. I suspect even with injuries mentally we'll be a better team this year and hopefully can get stronger as the year progresses.

I would also love to see this game a centre bounce where we have Garlett, Betts and Yarran with Kreuzer tapping it to them... if they got first touch it would be frightening!

Ins: Judd, Betts
Out: Bell, Menzell

Shatterpoint said:
Looks like Dempsey might be playing against us?
----------------------------------------------
First Bounce - Kruezer wins the tap and it goes down the throat of Judd, who handballs to Murphy who puts the ball long and high into the Carlton forward line with Dempsey backing back, Waite leads out from full forward and smashes the pack, Betts crumbs, handballs to Garlett who goallllllssssssss:)

Dempsey hasn't moved - why the Essendon coaching panel have picked him now must come into question as the doctor calls for the medic cart???

This could be a bigger inquiry then the More Joyous (Singleton / Waterhouse) affair;) :D:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betts and garlett to run riot and kick minimum 8 between them and yarran to casually slot 3 himself, judd to basically have the 3 votes sealed up with a rested week off. carlton by 40+

IN: Betts, Judd, Lucas
OUT: Menzel, Bell, Bootsma

Lucas as sub.

Would love Menzel to stay in but could not figure out a way to do it.

The word is Hurley and Howlett will play, Dempsey 50/50 and Gumby a chance despite wearing a moon boot. I say bring it on, it's a massive risk playing underdone/unfit players.
Hurley is one that Robbo should wander down near at some stage just to check him over, he is as soft as butter and will probably fake an injury to get off the ground.

Shatterpoint said:
Looks like Dempsey might be playing against us?
----------------------------------------------
First Bounce - Kruezer wins the tap and it goes down the throat of Judd, who handballs to Murphy who puts the ball long and high into the Carlton forward line with Dempsey backing back, Waite leads out from full forward and smashes the pack, Betts crumbs, handballs to Garlett who goallllllssssssss:)

Dempsey hasn't moved - why the Essendon coaching panel have picked him now must come into question as the doctor calls for the medic cart???

This could be a bigger inquiry then the More Joyous (Singleton / Waterhouse) affair;) :D:p

Wonder if Casboult plays we'll see Dempsey anywhere near the front of the pack.

Shatterpoint said:
Looks like Dempsey might be playing against us?​
----------------------------------------------​
Dempsey hasn't moved - why the Essendon coaching panel have picked him now must come into question as the doctor calls for the medic cart???​
Cant see it happening TBH....

Wouldn't mind Watson for this one.

His form in the twos has been enough. Plus his inclusion gives us the flexibility to play hendo forward or back at times.

I think Mick will want to have a look at him soon as well as he is the only part of the key position picture who we haven't really looked at this year. Henderson has shown in the last few weeks why we need him as a forward option. If Watto can lock down a key defender, then , boy oh boy.

I must say, I'm surprised at the importance people are attributing to Dempsey. There have been a few games against us where I actually think he's helped us more than anything, his loose checking of both Eddie and Jeff has resulted in each having great games against Essendon recently.

Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of Essendon this year, but he would have had to have improved out of sight to be a major concern for any of our small forwards.

Yep, you just can't take players who have injury clouds hanging over their heads. Hird did say that Hurley and Howlett were close last week, so you'd expect them to play this week. Dempsey is the big risk - i'd prefer he played to be honest, and that we really test out those ribs. I'd be amazed if Essendon took this risk with him.

Remember last year when Essendon rushed back Zaharakis, Ryder and a couple of others from injury and they looked so out of touch it wasn't funny?
Well, seems like they're going to do the same thing again :)

Yep, you just can't take players who have injury clouds hanging over their heads. Hird did say that Hurley and Howlett were close last week, so you'd expect them to play this week. Dempsey is the big risk - i'd prefer he played to be honest, and that we really test out those ribs. I'd be amazed if Essendon took this risk with him.
Did you have ribs for dinner? It's all you've mentioned lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back