Preview Round 11: Carlton v Essendon, Friday 7th June 7:50pm, MCG - Team post #834

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With rain forecasted for friday, any advantage Essendon think they have with their tall forwards is pretty much voided.
They don't have quality small forwards to bring in to counter the wet weather. Whereas, we have Jeffy, Eddie, Yaz & Dennis (and potentially if he holds his spot Menzel).
We are #1 for contested possession which is where games are won in the rain. So I hope it rains like crazy.

So glad I am undercover. ;)

Not sure what I'd prefer, another belting like last year, or a good close game where we win by a couple of goals.

Not sure what I'd prefer, another belting like last year, or a good close game where we win by a couple of goals.

Belting - need % to jump em on the ladder :) Could be 5th come saturday morning.

In fact, AFL Ladder predictor says 35+ should do it.

-I would like to see Robinson play as a defensive forward on Goddard with one instruction "Break Him"
-Cachia to show Watson how to tackle
-Curnow to run with Zaharakis

That's as far as i'd go with direct match ups.
Let everyone else play there natural game with a couple of players swinging throughout the game and I think we could win.

Goddard has not spent much time in the backline this season which makes it hard to play a defensive forward on him.

So glad I am undercover.

female-spy.jpg

Aph's game day attire?

One of the few times I'm actually confident going in to a game against Essendon. No massive injury list. Good form. No reason we shouldn't beat them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if Levi had kicked straight and scored more goals the other day then there would not be any debate in the Levi v Warnock

By the way I mentioned in another thread that fans and commentators can see faults in Levi's kicking action. Is the club focusing on this ie: bringing in someone to help him such as Dunstall ?

Club thinks its more of a mental thing as opposed to a technical thing. Apparently slotted 9 goals and kicked straight in the two weeks leading into the GWS game in the VFL. Working heavily on mental side as nervousness is a killer for Levi. Backing him in to come good. Watch this space.

I reckon the game will be won with the smalls, will be interesting on how you combat Betts,Garlett and Yarran on the MCG :)

I don't think they will be allowed acres of space like WCE. Pretty sure one of Fletcher/Hibberd/Hooker will be behind the ball guarding space. Well at least I hope so, otherwise we are screwed.

Howlett will be a handy inclusion if right to go.

How can you claim you have good form when you've lost to every top 8 side you have played?
6 out of the past 7 games can be classed as good form don't you think ??

Granted we haven't beaten any of the top 8 teams but did play those teams early in the season whilst a bit of tinkering was going on and had key players unavailable and were more than competitive.

The next few rounds will give us a better indication of how much we have improved or need to improve.

Form is not outstanding but good is a fair assessment I would of thought.

Its not really something 'little' when your side has lost to any decent opposition they've faced this year.

Beating GWS isn't quite 'good form'.

And we're not basing the claim that we are in good form on the back of one game.

We have won 3 in a row and 4 of our past 5, in fact 6 of our past 7. Winning form is good form.

Tread very carefully.

How can you claim you have good form when you've lost to every top 8 side you have played?
Maybe because we have won 6 of our last 7 games, whilst Essendon have lost 3 of their last 4 games.

FWIW, we have only played 2 teams currently in the Top 8, whilst we have beaten 3 teams who have been in the Top 8 at various times so far this season e.g. Adelaide, West Coast & Port Adelaide.

And we're not basing the claim that we are in good form on the back of one game.

We have won 3 in a row and 4 of our past 5, in fact 6 of our past 7. Winning form is good form.

Tread very carefully.
You've had a piss easy draw so far this year considering you finished above us, so you should be the ones treading carefully.

Maybe because we have won 6 of our last 7 games, whilst Essendon have lost 3 of their last 4 games.

FWIW, we have only played 2 teams currently in the Top 8, whilst we have beaten 3 teams who have been in the Top 8 at various times so far this season e.g. Adelaide, West Coast & Port Adelaide.
lol'd at beating Port Adelaide, West Coast and Adelaide. What huge achievements...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back