Preview Round 11: Carlton v Essendon, Friday 7th June 7:50pm, MCG - Team post #834

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You lost to Richmond, Collingwood and St Kilda - sides which we beat comfortably.

You also barely scrapped past the Lions and arguably would've lost had their best defender not been out from suspension.
But on that logic we beat Brisbane in Brisbane comfortably but you lost to them at home, We beat GWS by 94 and you guys were 21 pts down on them in the 3rd before winning by 39 and Geelong beat you by 28pts and us by only 16 pts, so we must be better then you.......:rolleyes:

I don't think they will be allowed acres of space like WCE. Pretty sure one of Fletcher/Hibberd/Hooker will be behind the ball guarding space. Well at least I hope so, otherwise we are screwed.

Howlett will be a handy inclusion if right to go.
Those guys didn't seem to get behind the ball to stop the Sydney slingshot despite it being on the shortest ground in the comp. Bombers got exposed for a lack of pace by the Swans.

Those guys didn't seem to get behind the ball to stop the Sydney slingshot despite it being on the shortest round in the comp. Bombers got exposed for a lack of pace by the Swans.

Sydney moved the ball better than Essendon in the conditions. Fletcher/Hooker/Hibberd most of the time were behind the ball, but Sydney were just too good and cleaner going forward.

The MCG suits our game style, even more so than Etihad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney moved the ball better than Essendon in the conditions. Fletcher/Hooker/Hibberd most of the time were behind the ball, but Sydney were just too good and cleaner going forward.

The MCG suits our game style, even more so than Etihad.

And the local weather forecast tells me that the conditions will be the same this friday.

Also, a number of teams didn't learn from the WCE game. Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane & Port Adelaide all didn't stop our small forwards. Plus, this is the first time all 4 (Jeffy, Eddie, Yaz & Dennis) will play a full game together since Round 1.

lol'd at beating Port Adelaide, West Coast and Adelaide. What huge achievements...:rolleyes:

You lost to Brisbane on your home turf, GWS smashed you in a half before your boys woke up, we've taken care of both.........mmmm it's easy being selective.

Have to say these tit-for-tat sandpit wars really do reach puerile levels of stupidity at times. Although in saying that, my dad is certainly bigger than any Bomber supporter's dad...

Also I wouldn't be using our early matches as indications of our team, as mick said he had to do alot of chopping and changing in our team structure and picking the players who best suits us, players like hampson,duigan,joseph and laider just to name a few would be regulars in our 22 under ratts. yes the quality of opposition haven't been as good as the earlier sides but you can only beat who's in front of you and I probably can speak for most Carlton supporters here that our team is 100% different compared to our round first 3 rounds, example of this would be the confidence in our playing group (Garlett,Lucas,Armfield,Cachia,bootsma) just to name a few. the other improvement since round 3 has been our gameplan and the players new positions, you could see alot of players looking like headless chooks the first 3 rounds because they were played in new positions and adapting to Mick's game plan. examples of this would be Yarran played more in the forward half, Walker down back and Betts/Garlett having stints in the midfield just to name a couple.

I don't think Carazzo will make it on the field and gee we really need him to tag Watson and hurt him the other way which suits Carrazo as he is their barometer that usually decides if they win games or lose them. Bombers are very much becoming a 1 man team IMO with the heavy reliance on Jobe and if he is shut down their record is very poor.

Have to say these tit-for-tat sandpit wars really do reach puerile levels of stupidity at times. Although in saying that, my dad is certainly bigger than any Bomber supporter's dad...

Sorry but I doubt your dad would be bigger than any Bombers supporters dad, unless he took those so called vitamins, injected directly into his stomach?

He's obviously doing it wrong. Sort of explains the grumpiness I guess...

4d3f42d04a6829062a0f6a706700f626.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back