Round 11: Richmond vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure Ross has you play that way in normal conditions.
lol at the reputation Ross has.. We play pretty much the same game plan as everyone else. It's just that skills and kicking for goal need improving. What was the score in the wet game Adel vs Coll? Also congrats on the cheering of sandi.

Seriously anyone blaming the umps today, stop embarrassing yourself. It was one of the better umpired games I've seen especially given the conditions. A couple that could have gone either way but nothing even remotely questionable and they weren't trigger happy.
Suck it up Tigers, Freo played the conditions better and won despite losing Sandilands in the first quarter.

Really?? Where you at the game? Not about to start blaming the umpires for the result, but the umpiring was truly atrocious today. Gieschen must surely be on borrowed time.

Really?? Where you at the game? Not about to start blaming the umpires for the result, but the umpiring was truly atrocious today. Gieschen must surely be on borrowed time.
Were you at the game? If you were, surely you couldnt see as well as the umpires. You can see everything on tv and the umpiring was ok. A few missed each way. Was lolling at the booing of every free we got even though they were there. Do Richmond fans know the rules?

No I watched it in HD on a big TV. It's easy to say but I'm not a one eyed fan. The people I regularly sit with at Subi always ask me if it was there when decisions go against us because I call it as I see it. There wasn't one decision today where I thought, gee we were lucky there. Early in the game I noticed Richmond players leading with their heads in tackles as is the fashion at the moment. One was paid early the other was let go which is good umpiring. The only other thing that was slightly contentious was the non paid 50 when McPharlin kicked it after the Nahas free. It was clearly explained that the players didn't hear the whistle and the umpire used his judgement. Very sensible and I wouldn't have complained if it went against us.
It was a hard tough game in difficult conditions and I thought the umps did well. If your an bear it watch a replay from the TV view and I think you will agree.

Yep, just hasn't been able to work through the attention enough in the past (though he has a couple of times this year).

Could be seen as natural progression (core strength, experience etc.) but I also think some credit to Lyon is due. Guy who has a huge emphasis on doing it tough and playing your role.

Once Hill can consistently push through a tag, his great endurance will see him able to shine more often later in matches with his natural class.
Jesus Christ
Weren't the Bombers only two weeks ago. Ooh, they're not at all. One goal to half time

May I ask that you not take Macca's word as representative of all Essendon supporters.

Seriously anyone blaming the umps today, stop embarrassing yourself. It was one of the better umpired games I've seen especially given the conditions. A couple that could have gone either way but nothing even remotely questionable and they weren't trigger happy.
Suck it up Tigers, Freo played the conditions better and won despite losing Sandilands in the first quarter.

in a way i think it helped that sandi went off.

LOL at the Richmond fan on 3AW blaming it all on the conditions.

Caller: "Freo weren't the better side.......the conditions favoured them so bad.....we just got dragged down to their level.....all their slow unskilled spuds weren't shown up...our highly skilled outside running mids couldn't shine and sparkle.....blah blah blah"

(pause)

Tim Lane: "So you're saying you're a bunch of fast track bullies?"

LOL
Yep, we spent Thursday training in the rain. First time its rained in about 3 month!!! So we were so favoured:rolleyes:

Will Ballentyne get looked at for that pathetic low elbow on Newman that floored him for a bit?

Amazing that that parasite just cant help himself. And funnily enough its always when an opponent isnt expecting it.. Weak little man..

mat
Were you at the game? If you were, surely you couldnt see as well as the umpires. You can see everything on tv and the umpiring was ok. A few missed each way. Was lolling at the booing of every free we got even though they were there. Do Richmond fans know the rules?
Are you serious ? i was at the match and the umpiring was an absolute farce, not saying it cost us the match freo deserved the win, but jesus if you think umpiring was good today then you have NFI seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if Crowley will get fined for the finger he gave the crowd??

It was at a thrown in in the first or third (can't remember, think it was first) down the Great Southern Stand end. He was chasing a ball to the boundry, he just let it go, and someone must of called out something. He turned away and walked towards where the ball would drop and gave a sneaky bird to the crowd.

mat
Are you serious ? i was at the match and the umpiring was an absolute farce, not saying it cost us the match freo deserved the win, but jesus if you think umpiring was good today then you have NFI seriously.
All the frees paid to us were there. They missed a few we should've got also. They also missed a few Richmond should've got. You have got to be kidding me if you think you can see the play better than on tv lol...

Will Ballentyne get looked at for that pathetic low elbow on Newman that floored him for a bit?

Amazing that that parasite just cant help himself. And funnily enough its always when an opponent isnt expecting it.. Weak little man..

Weak? Pigs arse. He takes on all comers. His attack on your mob in all aspecs of the game was a highlight.

Weak? Pigs arse. He takes on all comers. His attack on your mob in all aspecs of the game was a highlight.

lol ballantyne is a little sniper. Can't think of too many people besides freo fans who rate him as a fair player. then again saints fans loved baker :p :)

lol ballantyne is a little sniper. Can't think of too many people besides freo fans who rate him as a fair player. then again saints fans loved baker :

Nah this falls short cos he is a also such a gun player. His chasing and tackling is superb and he kicks goals. Needs to get the recognition along with the vitriol of his niggle.

The blaming of the umpires here from Richmond 'supporters' is laughable. Earlier in the game you had ten more frees than us but I for suppose that's of little interest. When we click into gear and our get our heads around our game plan we are a better team than you- simple as that. Should have won by more in extremely harsh conditions that are pretty foreign to us in your back yard, absolutely brilliant.
Also, I have to say- your booing of us more than cheering on your own players combined with the mass exodus with ten minutes left to play is one of the more pathetic efforts I've seen at any game in my life. The cheering of Sandi coming off with an injury probably sums it up. I'm enjoying this one...

Balla absolutely smashed you blokes too by the way, the guy is tough as nails. Don't recall seeing too many Tigers players prepared to put their body on the line like that. Guess it must have been the umpires or something...

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 11: Richmond vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back