Preview Round 11 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before, I would back us against any interstate side at the "G" this year, only endless brain farts will cost us this game.

Just to be that guy, the teams we've played over the last two weeks were talking exactly how you all are now. Show the opposite team some respect.

We have every right to be favourites but it means nothing on game day.

You do realise that we are just supporters, and our mindsets have absolutely zero effect on the outcome of the game. We can be as disrespectful as we want :)

You do realise that we are just supporters, and our mindsets have absolutely zero effect on the outcome of the game. We can be as disrespectful as we want :)

I'm not talking about our impact on the game, just that we should never feel that secure. Don't get me wrong, I think we'll win but we haven't done enough to make me think it's a guarantee.

I think with some of the posters we bear the scares of the past. The kids out there playing football for Richmond don't. The media like to bring up the cliches as it helps sell papers. This isn't a danger game. The belief in the playing list is there for all to see. It has nothing to do with cockiness, but it has everything to do do with thinking like winners, and having a benchmark and standard that we strive to achieve.
What are Freo seriously going to bring to the table? A defensive game plan won't work at the 'G. Someone remind me how many flags did this style off footy win again (with the calibre of Hayes, Ball, Reiwoldt etc, etc)?
I'm not slagging off Freo, but, this is make or break for them, and they have to score goals to win it. It also takes time to readjust a whole pre seasons work to unlock the scoring potentual.
I expect our midfield to dominate. Nahas loves treams like Freo as well, it's normally a good day for him. Grigg, should be a good supercoach day as well ;). Don't under estimate our ability to get over the line v the saints at Etihad last week as well. That was a good win at a different style venue.
Tigers by 54.

Lose this and the win over the saints wont mean much. Dimma knows this and you can be sure the players will too. If it was in Perth I would be worried, but we play the 'G well and should cruise to a comfortable victory. This team is different than Richmond teams of the past.

Yep one thing im pretty confident on would come the start of the week it would have been business as usual. No basking in the glory of a win over the Saints. Dimma and the coaching staff know how important EVERY game is after the start we have had. Im tipping a 6 goal win as we generally play really well v Freo at the G but also realise that they arent a terrible side also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

should win by 30.5+(the line betting) - we're a different team to the past and can't be compared to Tiges of 09-11' ... playing with greater resolve and a lot stronger across all positions. Fremantle have a shocking MCG record and won't handle the conditions that the G' always provides... expect a slugfest first half with the Tiges running out the game a bit better on home turf

Last week was a frighteningly fast game. Don't underestimate how fast it was and how much it took out of the players. The game was also virtually tackle-free.
Freo will try and close the game down and have a lot of stoppages and will try to prevent our running. I refuse to underestimate any team coached by Ross Lyon. Say what you like about him, but he is a shrewd bastard and will have prepared very hard for this game. Watters tried to do this, but couldn't quite manufacture it as much as he would have liked. Lyon will have learnt from that game and will have his own way of implementing this.
It will be interesting to see how the game pans out in the first half. I am tipping quite a few Richmond supporters will be there possibly for their first game of the year, expecting an easy kill and to join in the 'party'. If things don't pan out our way early on, expect these 'supporters' to start moaning about it early.
What Hardwick needs to do is emphasis that we just continue to play our way regardless of whether we trail by five goals at half, lead by five goals or if the game is close. It really is a case of denying Fremantle the belief that they can cause an upset.
Freo's win-loss ratio suggests they are far from easybeats and the general lack of respect we are paying them on this board is a bit concerning, but as long as this doesn't infiltrate through to the playing group, then it doesn't matter what we think.
Honestly, I am prepared for pretty much anything on Saturday. I believe any result is possible, other than an absolute landslide Fremantle win (I'm talking 12 goals plus). They could win by five goals quite easily if we are not switched on early and if they can maintain the intensity. I really hope Kepler Bradley doesn't play. I know that sounds weird. He usually sneaks in for 4 goals against us and is a clever footballer.
I just want to win the next two any way we can by any margin we can and turn 7-5 at the break. That's all I want.

Or perhaps they are too scared to preview this match ;)

Maybe I should go over and make a preview thread for them then? :eek:

It probably got lost in the software changeover. Ours only reappeared today, so don't be too harsh.

They didn't have one before the site went down..

I think with some of the posters we bear the scares of the past. The kids out there playing football for Richmond don't. The media like to bring up the cliches as it helps sell papers. This isn't a danger game. The belief in the playing list is there for all to see. It has nothing to do with cockiness, but it has everything to do do with thinking like winners, and having a benchmark and standard that we strive to achieve.
What are Freo seriously going to bring to the table? A defensive game plan won't work at the 'G. Someone remind me how many flags did this style off footy win again (with the calibre of Hayes, Ball, Reiwoldt etc, etc)?
I'm not slagging off Freo, but, this is make or break for them, and they have to score goals to win it. It also takes time to readjust a whole pre seasons work to unlock the scoring potentual.
I expect our midfield to dominate. Nahas loves treams like Freo as well, it's normally a good day for him. Grigg, should be a good supercoach day as well ;). Don't under estimate our ability to get over the line v the saints at Etihad last week as well. That was a good win at a different style venue.
Tigers by 54.

yep...Lyon will try everything to close up the game, but me is confident that once the tiges click into the game plan you can build the great wall of china and it still wont stem the tide....tipping this game will be over by the big break and the only thing that will minimize the blood flow will be us taking the pedal of the metal..;)

I agree with Tugga. I hope a lot of others are right but this week intrigues me because I can easily see it becoming a huge test for us.
Lyon will have something wacky planned nothing surer and I'm seeing a hugely congested football match with mistakes being made all over the place.Could and probably will end up as a real test for our players resolve and discipline to stick to the plan or for Hardwick to come up with something different if we get caught behind.
That's my greatest fear is any Ross Lyon coached team getting a 2-4 goal lead.

I understand that we may just get first hands on it for the majority and put Freos plans under enormous pressure too but I'm preparing myself for an arm wrestle. I'll say tigers by 11 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back