Review Round 12, 2023 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is that we have seen this stuff on repeat. Let's see how we start next week because history tells us we will be crap and the game will be over by quarter time.

Give our draw % won’t matter! Too far behind at this point. Just have to win. Almost would rather finishing 3rd and play Bris at the Gabba then a home prelim given our recent record

Only thing disappointing was our midfield gettin sucked into the contest repeat Lym in the second half allowing the Hawks to play there overlapping handball game

That should have been our “165”.

These things help build confidence and momentum. Adelaide Oval needs to be a daunting place to play away. Adelaide have done that really well this season.

They shouldn’t be worried about the Bulldogs - they should back their structure and ability to win out.

I hope the coaches are giving absolute hairdryer treatment to the whole team.

It’s not negativity prevailing here - we’ve seen so much of this before that we can’t expect a different result. Maddening stuff.

Ruined our structure in the 2nd half with lycett off, need dixon back for 2nd ruck duties, Finlayson is not a good ruck
I assume that's why we tried Lord.

Dixon's injury means he can't do it and we'd like to leave Finlayson forward.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I felt privileged to see the unique talent that is Conor Nash get 4 kicks.
I was trying to remember his name all day.

What a miserable first page of posters.

We won by 10 goals and scored 151 points. Too many here are obsessed with negativity. Yes we lost the second half but would have learnt a lot.

I’m happy for the win, happy to be two games clear in second.
We're 1 game clear of Brisbane really, and we lose and they jump us because of the percentage we blew today

What a miserable first page of posters.

We won by 10 goals and scored 151 points. Too many here are obsessed with negativity. Yes we lost the second half but would have learnt a lot.

I’m happy for the win, happy to be two games clear in second.
Good for you. Others can be unhappy with a second half performance that should have built on a seriously contender like first half. Ruthless teams don’t succumb like that. It was a total Jekyll and Hyde performance.

this is all Ken

guarantee if lycett was on still we would’ve been fine, they started getting their hands on the ball in the middle.
But what’s the benefit? Not catching Melbourne or Collingwood who are 20% above us.
We entered the game, approx 20 goals behind Brisbane on percentage. We were up by 15 goals mid way through the third.

Expand that out to a 120 win and suddenly our percentage is absolutely in the realms of Brisbane.
That was our last lick of the ice cream mate.

They have a draw that will have them at least a game or two ahead of us + %

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Happy to take the 10 goal win lol and move on.

9 wins in a row and people are acting like it’s 9 losses in a row fmd
That's a exaggeration. I think people are just disappointed we can't put a vfl side away. Which after 11 years of seeing similar is a valid concern.

So we learnt Lord cannot ruck at all, not even as a chop out. He’s straight out as soon as Dixon is fit.

Boak annd Duursma’s ability to run the wings deep into both 50s all day is needed. We had no legs in the final quarter.

Our fitness is either an issue or the game plan is too taxing. I think it’s a bit of both. We need to find a balance.

Overall it’s a win and there were some great signs with Todd getting confidence back, Wines finding some form and Drew I thought was our most consistent for the day.

We're 1 game clear of Brisbane really, and we lose and they jump us because of the percentage we blew today

Does it really matter? Do any of us seriously believe we're a better chance of winning a final at home than we are away? Top 4 is what matters for us, not top 2.

The bigger concern is the mental fragility on display that shows why we are very unlikely to win a prelim against anyone, anywhere.

Does it really matter? Do any of us seriously believe we're a better chance of winning a final at home than we are away? Top 4 is what matters for us, not top 2.

The bigger concern is the mental fragility on display that shows why we are very unlikely to win a prelim against anyone, anywhere.
Exactly this.
We're not winning the flag
This is a sugar hit. Enjoy it but we know the ending.

Yes I thought the drop off was alarming, I know we made all the running in the first half but the difference after that was slightly worrying.

Our game plan is very taxing so smashing teams by 100+ is going to be rare. We are building a team that can win close finals, however we are exposed when teams can get on the outside and behind our high press. Hawthorn exploited this in patches but couldn't run the other way to pressure our defence and mids hence the end to end goals.

I assume that's why we tried Lord.

Dixon's injury means he can't do it and we'd like to leave Finlayson forward.

If only we had a 205cm bloke who's a perfectly serviceable ruckman in the team somewhere.

Sam Hayes is more than capable of keeping up with Ned ****ing Reeves FFS.

If lycett is actually hurt, as well as tinkle, and they pick visentini instead 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Im not against putting the cue in the rack and all that, but that was ridiculous. Every single player dropped about 25% in intensity. Ugly stuff

lol - Dan Houston was talking to 5aark after the game and on the first half performance said something like "yeah, we probably felt like we needed to slow it down, but we just kept scoring..." Maybe Daddy D reinforced the need to slow it down in his half time address.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12, 2023 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back