Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hampton to Scharenberg or Ryan for a start
WHE to a forward who has had their bye. Ryder would open up the ****/FWD DPP link
I would also get rid of Riewoldt
Wow, that was so far away from what I was thinking haha. I've been tossing up about Riewoldt for ages, It feels wrong parting ways now after holding him through everything.

I considered doing a downgrade with WHE. WHE > Cousins via Bolton, but I do like the sound of getting Ryder. I was kind of banking on Grundy/Nank to get me through until Gawn was ready.

Hampton downgrade was obvious too, but couldn't decide on who to trade to lol.

Ainsworth works well for my trades but my only worry is that he has not gotten a game for so long and is only a late in due to an injury niggle to another player. Does that not suggest he could be dropped as soon as Ah Chee returns (likely next week) or at first opportunity?

(200K is too much for a floating donut and he is needed for R13)

Thoughts?

Well... exactly. If Ainsworth was guaranteed a game next week I'd be all over him like white on rice. I don't know why he hasn't been playing, he looked great in his first few games. Maybe I take the risk anyway...

Well... exactly. If Ainsworth was guaranteed a game next week I'd be all over him like white on rice. I don't know why he hasn't been playing, he looked great in his first few games. Maybe I take the risk anyway...

He was injured.

Believe he came back for his first NEAFL game last week.

Straight back into Seniors, must be a decent sign.

He was injured.

Believe he came back for his first NEAFL game last week.

Straight back into Seniors, must be a decent sign.

Dammit i was all set to sideways balic to him until i googled him and this appeared:

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/harley-balic-on-cusp-of-returning-to-fremantle-ng-b88496251z

Balics dpp is very useful, and it sounds like hes a good shot at getting games in the back half of the season.

So now I'm definitely holding balic... which means i need to decide if i sideways shittrucks myers or parsons to ainsworth who have only made 80k but keep getting games....

Thoughts? Have got 90k and thinking Sandi might need to go but not sure about anything else.
1d_3ydG8Td2v50HV62Gfqg.png

Am I missing something with Ainsworth, can't see why anyone would be keen to trade him in at 198k, yeh his two scores weren't bad but they sure as hell weren't anything special.

Surely cousins is a far better option considering his price of 102k, I for one know I would much prefer to bank the extra 96k for upgrades to players who will actually be on field scoring points for me come seasons end.

Am I missing something with Ainsworth, can't see why anyone would be keen to trade him in at 198k, yeh his two scores weren't bad but they sure as hell weren't anything special.

Surely cousins is a far better option considering his price of 102k, I for one know I would much prefer to bank the extra 96k for upgrades to players who will actually be on field scoring points for me come seasons end.

Good bench cover for the rest of the year.

Already got cousins and can afford all my upgrades while still spending the extra on ainsworth.

My mid bench of myers cousins balic and fwd bench of greenwood and parsons doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

All 3 of myers parsons cousins could get banished to the 2's at any time.

Plus of course balic is still awol.

Sure i could wait for a cheaper option like callum brown... but he's likely to have just as dodgy job security as myers etc.
Ainsworth js looks solid

FK all year i've been solid on my trades from basically the Monday before trading.

Only once i changed and it has turned out to be a cluster FK (Gunston v Heeney)

I cannot decide:

Myers out - locked
in

Chad or Lynch....

Have analysed it to death and it is driving me crazee
I have been in the Lynch camp all week. A part of this is due to price and how it will affect my following trades. If money was no object, I think I would be a lot closer to picking Wingard over him.

Out: Lloyd, Sandi.
In: Cousins, Lynch

$$$ + extra premo this week and next.

Looking to bring in Docherty for 2 of Stewart, SPP, and Barrett next week and then I am full premo (y).

Last edited:
How does gimp Ainsworth have hot JS when he hasn't played since round 2 and only came in for a late out?
Injury. Came back last week in NEAFL, okay but not great in Suns Reserves. However Suns have a healthy list at the moment and plenty playing in the reserves. Ainsworth jumping the queue off the back of his first game back is a strong sign Suns want to get games into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Myers to Cousins is locked.

Would like to turf Sandi, but want to do so for another ruck as I want to keep Nank in the forward line (and am also keen on Yeo next week for the final forward spot). Martin is off the radar while Archie is playing. Don't like Kruezer. Think I will leave it this week (20 playing with Sandi out) and look to trade Sandi to Goldy (or Martin, if Archie is dropped) next week.

Would like to turf Sandi, but want to do so for another ruck as I want to keep Nank in the forward line (and am also keen on Yeo next week for the final forward spot). Martin is off the radar while Archie is playing. Don't like Kruezer. Think I will leave it this week (20 playing with Sandi out) and look to trade Sandi to Goldy (or Martin, if Archie is dropped) next week.
Ruck wise I was along similar lines to your thinking.

However, I've turf toed Sandi though & moved Nanky Panky fwd. Then I hope Nank gan go Ok for a few weeks before I get Gawn & move Nanky to F7.

Otten > Hibberd
Hampton > Scharenberg

Glad to finally move Hampton out, just been addressing other issues or there hasn't been an option available at the time. Still contemplating whether to hold Sandi, move him on for Martin or Kruezer or move Nank to the ruck and go for a forward.

Ruck wise I was along similar lines to your thinking.

However, I've turf toed Sandi though & moved Nanky Panky fwd. Then I hope Nank gan go Ok for a few weeks before I get Gawn & move Nanky to F7.
Plenty of chatter that Goldy might get dropped for Preuss next week. Been ordinary the last two weeks. Two weeks in a row without taking a mark.

I traded Ainsworth in this week before I even knew he was emergency. I knew he wouldn't be hanging around in the NEAFL very long. Far too polished for that level of football. Don't be fooled by the other GC youngsters who aren't physically ready - and not all that versatile. Ainsworth is both physically ready and versatile - in that he is able to play mid and forward pocket (where he will most likely consolidate this year). I expect Ainsworth to perform and remain in the side. He will add to that side, where a lot of others haven't been able to.

Plenty of chatter that Goldy might get dropped for Preuss next week. Been ordinary the last two weeks. Two weeks in a row without taking a mark.
Chatter from where? The Norf board? BELIEVE NOTHING!

Chatter from where? The Norf board? BELIEVE NOTHING!
Definitely not from the north board. If he does survive next week he'll probably go ballistic. General consensus is that he should find a new home next year. North will want a high draft pick for him so my guess is the only way to guarantee that is continue playing him and hope he finds some form. Has been ordinary the last couple of weeks though.

Definitely not from the north board. If he does survive next week he'll probably go ballistic. General consensus is that he should find a new home next year. North will want a high draft pick for him so my guess is the only way to guarantee that is continue playing him and hope he finds some form. Has been ordinary the last couple of weeks though.
Ordinary?
Last 5 weeks 108.4 avg
111 107 135 89 100

Where is this bullshit talk coming from exactly? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back