Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

exciting-lano.gif

Wouldn't trade Day or Weddle for just about anyone, both still (weds it's hard to believe is in his second year) have huge ceilings.

Earlier this year Dermie said it would be a shame to see us finish too far up the ladder as we still need a lot more top talent. I reckon the bones are already there.

Enjoyed watching the coaches post match pressers. Gotta love Mitch, “we are building a side to play finals and win premierships ….. far from the finished product”! ❤️

Kingsley very respectful on our defensive play/pressure, looking at the last six week block Hawks would probably be 2nd or 3rd on the ladder, mentioned Weddle’s influence a couple of times impact on Hawks transition ……. we are building nicely fellow Hawkers!

Impey going a bit unsung in this thread currently.
Defensively had some moments early that he'd want back, but recovered brilliantly and put his body on the line repeatedly!
Could not want more success for a player than I do for Impey.

Set the tone a few times going back with the flight and could have earnt a free, obviously hurt and just got on with it. Made them earn everything and kicked with polish.

This team is box office.. so many exciting talents the public are just taking notice of…
Weddle, Dear, McDonald, CJ, Chol are just getting started!! Add Smith and get Lewis firing… Wizard ready to slot back in and ahhh McCabe, you’ve done it again…. and we’ve got the talent to explode next year..
It’s good to be back!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chol is my favourite player to watch at the moment. That massive mark was like when he dominate Box Hill in the finals, that gave us the confidence to target him in the first place. Seems to be growing in belief in himself as well and the influence he can have.
Plus that play where he beat two giants and hand balled off. Including the multi million dollar man.
Brilliant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was going on with the camera work in this game? Don't think i've ever seen so many set shots taken without vision of the sticks

There was so many times the ball wasn’t even in the shot too and late to transition, was wondering if anyone else thought the same at the time

Outstanding win, has brightened up a dark, dark week for me.

Just need Swans to win for my mate who passed on Monday.

Still shaking my head in disbelief - love this team.

If we win next week we've matched the number of wins we had for all of last season.

Toby Greene is an absolute gun but we just seem to know how to shut him down.
Sam Taylor - as far as being the best defender in the league goes- he played on gunston for a lot of the game and I think Gunners schooled him a bit on taking him out of the play and also kicking 3 goals himself.

Weddle will be like Koutoufedis. Day a massive leader.

No need to get more draft picks. Making it a destination club and get high end talent that way. All the top clubs have players from other sides who transfer across, ie. where would Adelaide be without Dawson, Rankine? Melbourne without May/Lever? Geelong without Cameron & all the others. If we can snag one or two high end players, sky is the limit.

Ps was pretty disappointed with reeves in the first half but for him to not come back and Weddle and Nash what they did….pls

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back