Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

So happy for Dear to nail that tackle after his brain fade

I hope he went to Weddle after the game and said “sorry mate” and I hope Weddle’s reply was “forget it mate it happens to the best of us and how good was your tackle”

Will Day is not only our best player but a ****ing warrior.

Very Very proud long term Hawk member here.

This team has a some intangible attributes that will hold us in great stead .
Belief , determination and a will to win .

Bring on next week , what an experience for the boys !!!!

Can someone get a RS nom for a few matchwinning tackles ? Calsh deserves one on his body of work . Star 🌟

NEVER IN DOUBT SSSSS, NEVER IN DOUBT I TELL YA!!!!!!!

SUCKED IN TOBY YOU SOCK PUPPET, OFF YOU GO GILWS, YOU SOULESS PLASTIC FRANCHISE!!!!!

Shirt Streaker GIF by Bradford City AFC

Last edited:
Far out. EVERY player put in today:
Reeves - was good early! Took a couple of marks in defensive 50. He's had to relearn the ruck craft and he was good.
Sam Mitchell - the changes made at halftime = gameday coaching masterclass.
Worpel - quiet first half and then boom - second half so good
Newcombe - slow start, really imporatnt in that second half and last quarter.
Nash - did a really good job in the ruck
Weddle - deserved that goal - HUGE effort. He's an absolutely elite talent.
Chol - he's starting to believe!
Scrim - was he on Hogan? Did a really good job
Impey - really good mover now, link up play is awesome

CMac - awesome third quarter and one of his best games for us
Hardwick - would love two of him. Just makes his area of the ground so much better
Dear - the repeat efforts and just ignoring the body on body stuff makes him a very interesting player to watch.
Sicily - got caught in no mans land a few times but stepped up in that last quarter.
Breust - really important when he came on as sub.

Loved that game. This team is just so good to watch. The doggies, crows, brisbane and now this game - have all been amazing to watch.

There were so many pleasing aspects about that win. So many on field leaders today. Lots of talking and directing. Special mention to Jars Impey. I love his leadership. And he plays with a real passion. But the best aspect of the game, for me, is that Weddle and McDonald were instrumental. McDonald has seriously upped his game in the last month or so. Fantastic to watch. Weddle's performance all over the ground in his second year. Haven't seen too many players that could do that. Hard to put into words.

And special mention to the Tassie crowd. Didn't look like a big crowd but they were very vocal and got right behind the boys. Reckon it helped them get over the line.

Taking nothjng away from the rest team's amazing victory, but Calsher is just insane for an 18yo. No right to be this good.

Heart rate is still flat out, what a victory on a day where we wasted a lot of opportunities. Could have dropped their bundle, but this team doesn't quit.

Losing big Reeves was something of a blessing in disguise, we got so much run and carry from Nash and Weddle.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
I actually like Weddle in the ruck, playing that role seems to get him involved in the play. Kind of like a modern day Adam Goodes.

Wouldn't mind seeing him have a bit more of a run in the ruck every now and again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am definitely seeing fear in the eyes of my non-Hawthorn supporting friends these past few weeks :D

Yep. They’re aware that the shadow of Hawthorn is again descending across the AFL.

Don’t think my heart can take much more of this! Love the effort of the boys to bring us back after half time. Weddle amazing all over the field, Sic, Jars, Frost, great in the back, Mass still the top winger, Breust a saviour in the last few minutes, with Sic’s help, Gunners with three amazing goals again, Chol and CJ playing better than ever, Ginni consistently helping out all over, Day and Newc the best midfield duo and better than ever, Amon kicking amazing as always. Dear will be thanking Breust for saving his mistake, all first years make mistakes, his just almost cost us the game. Great, but stressful game, played well the whole time just needed to be more consistent with scoring, inaccuracy almost cost us the game. Going into the bye 7-7 maybe? Finals have never looked better… Bring on Richmond and Dusty in his 300th! Go the Hawks! 🤎💛

Kick straight and we most likely run away with it. Which makes it such an impressive win. Especially when we got demolished out of the centre.

The mental resolve we had to fight back every time GWS looked like they were going to kick away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13, 2024 : Hawks slay the Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back