Game Day Round 13 - Collingwood vs Fremantle (thread closed, please take your angst to the autopsy thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to stop those crumbing goals.. Is their only avenue of scoring at the moment

That's an advantage for us though. We're forcing them to play scrappy. They're a skilled side, so that might not be enough to stop them.

They will make us pay for every little mistake we make - like Goldsack dropping a sitter with 10 seconds to go.

It's a real slug, we're applying the hard pressure and forcing them to play contested footy. We just have to back ourselves to keep it up and win the contested footy.

Annoyed with the one-armed tackles that keep slipping. Tackle with both arms!!!!

We're beating the best team in the comp, playing at the other end of the country, and people here choose to bag individual errors. FML

Some people don't deserve Collingwood.

Well - People are Emotional so you will get Stupid Posts when people are like that:rolleyes:

He can do a job when it's needed, but poor old Sack just isn't a full time backman. Either leaves his man a couple of metres too much space, or just doesn't have the composure or experience to kill the ball. He has a very good leg that should be used more often, but he just doesn't get himself into positions to receive it.

As wit most of his career, he's at the cross roads.

Seriously they are lining up to have no pressure snaps at goal, this has a blow out written all over it in the second half!

See ya later Goldsack nice knowing you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm absolutely stoked by our performance so far! We may very well fade away but the improvement of this young side in 12 months has been nothing short of remarkable.

We're matching it with the Dockers and with our strong third quarters this season I'm quietly confident we can keep this intensity going. We should be very proud of ourselves so far.

Another half of football to go but this team has made me happy and excited for the first time in a long time! :)

Adams is turning into a very good footballer, Varcoe has been terrific as has Pendlebury.

Lift in the 2nd half from Elliott, Cloke and Swan would go a long way to seeing us win
Cloke has been very good, just hasn't kicked them. Has had 11 disposals and I've seen him compete well. Deserved a goal or two.

well we should yes....
If anyone honestly thought we would be up at half time raise your hand.

Only half down and plenty of time to win or lose this.

Freo kicking some flukey goals and we have more room for improvement so all going well we will get up in the end

tumblr_ls7beqqYGb1qhwhzt.gif

I tipped us.

Great half Pies, stopped much of Freo's game.

Liking the one on one contests.

Witts has impressed me, which he doesn't always do.

Huge fan of Goldy over the years but gee he fumbles a lot. Maybe he makes way for Reid in a week or two.

Umpiring has been refreshingly good tonight overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him and Frost are having a competition for who can fumble the most

Pretty even at the moment :drunk::drunk:

Frost does his on purpose though because he seems to want to either push it out of bounds or wait for the more skilful cavalry to arrive (not that I think that's a good thing)

Goldsack simply can't pick the bloody thing up.

They are getting all those snaps for goal not because of bad defending, it's more because of missed tackles and getting sucked in to the first ball carrier. We target the ball carrier with numbers, and if they get it off there's a loose player on the outside. It's our trademark also, missed tackles and getting sucked into contests and leaving the skillful players out open.

Think all there goals has come from our Missed Tackles:mad:

No offence dude, but you are one of the worst posters on this thread in regards to negativity. Hard to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fine. I'll be positive.

Liking Varcoe's game so far. Really attacking the footy well.

Faz is playing where he belongs. In the forward line.

Witts is taking it up to Sandilands.

Brown has nullified Pav

Crisp has been good.

well we should yes....
If anyone honestly thought we would be up at half time raise your hand.

Only half down and plenty of time to win or lose this.

Freo kicking some flukey goals and we have more room for improvement so all going well we will get up in the end

I'm raising my hand that is

Langdon has cost us a little, as has Oxley.

Oxley was lining up a difficult kick to put us 19 up. His shot is weak, drifts across the face, turnover and Freo go up the other end and goal.

Both have fumbled simple marks too.

Need the whole side to be 100% this half.

I was so wrong about Varcoe. He is a jet.

I get the impression that our structure is much better than Freo's but their individual players are more damaging. But if we keep up the intensity then we'll give ourselves every chance to win. Really pleased with the game so far. Goldy and Swan in particular are playing badly but as a team, I am stoked that we are matching Fremantle blow for blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back