Universal Love Round 13 (Pies win, farewell Bucks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Bucks coaching GWS next season.

Leon Cameron is surely gonzo if Giants miss finals, as now seems highly likely.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think people are getting worked up over "he lost the players" idea and that this game and the scenes that followed proved he didn't. Losing the players doesn't necessarily mean that they wanted him gone, or didn't like him as a person or coach, it's just that he was no longer able to motivate them to give maximum effort. To me, this game shows that. Across the board the effort and intensity lifted to a level that we haven't seen since the Elimination Final last year. For whatever reason, probably just time, Buckley couldn't extract that (or anything close to it) often enough.

Most of you have probably changed jobs or had a new manager at some point. Inevitably your effort lifts as you need to prove yourself all over again. Footy players are no different.

As for the man himself, Bucks is a bloody legend. So glad we could send him off with a win. Gave his everything to the club and showed true class the way he bowed out (as did the club in the way they handled it).

Nah, we've been a high effort team all year which is why we were able to run the Bears and the Power to a point. It's been the creative flair that's been on a slow build across the season.

Are we starting to take Moore for granted? Since his return to his natural habitat in defence he’s varied from very good to outstanding. He is an amazing footballer, a masterful defender, takes courageous marks, anticipates play, and time and again punches the ball to safety. He did it all last season and he’s doing it again.

Are we starting to take Moore for granted? Since his return to his natural habitat in defence he’s varied from very good to outstanding. He is an amazing footballer, a masterful defender, takes courageous marks, anticipates play, and time and again punches the ball to safety. He did it all last season and he’s doing it again.

The distance he gets on his punches is excellent

Was hitting the ball away from opponents who were taking the ball well in front of their bodies

Darce is such a threat because he is daring and so tall

Has more weapons to his game than any other backman

The distance he gets on his punches is excellent

Was hitting the ball away from opponents who were taking the ball well in front of their bodies

Darce is such a threat because he is daring and so tall

Has more weapons to his game than any other backman

Re your post above about watching WHE yesterday, emphasises yet again the different perspectives and insights you get when seeing the game live. It’s why I’m sometimes surprised at people’s assessments of players when TV is their only viewing option.

I’m really pleased to see WHE return to form. He was one of my favourite players a couple of seasons ago.

I can see Buckley coaching a Gold Coast or GWS in 2-3 years time.

For now, I think he'll rest up and then go into the media for the next 12-18 months.

It’d be sooner than that you would think.

Can’t imagine Leon Cameron would be given too many more seasons to bumble along at GWS.

And at the end of this season Dew would have coached Suns for four seasons with them still never played in finals.

Would love to see him at Suns, but gee he’d wanna be paid real well because that’d be a tough gig.

I like that he can kick a drop punt properly 99.8% of the time. Always spins perfectly and with great trajectory and penetration.

Re your post above about watching WHE yesterday, emphasises yet again the different perspectives and insights you get when seeing the game live…

So true

At the ground, you can better judge speed, repeat efforts, and 1 per centers

In the third quarter, Daicos quickly manned the mark, leapt high with his arm outstretched, crowding the kicker

The Melbourne player hesitated then kicked down the line

Daicos had slowed the game by a couple of seconds

This was enough for our backs to cover

This form of pressure, when consistent, makes the opposition feel hunted

Should still be coach. Everyone got into the mindset that the grass had to be greener on the other side, hope everyone is prepared for that to not be the case! Imagine giving your life to something and then being treated as poorly as Buckley has been by the masses. Embarrassing reflection on the club. Everyone who has seen fit to aggressively and publicly attack him over the last 6 months or so should hang their heads in shame.

And so much for having 'lost the boys'. Don't think at any stage that was evident at all.

Now we get to have Robert Harvey spluttering through a sentence for the next 12 weeks. Yay

Agreed.

Gotta love Fox footy.

For months it's been all about sacking Bucks. Now they got their man it's all about how GC and GWS should be chasing Bucks to coach them. ****in parasites.

It’d be sooner than that you would think.

Can’t imagine Leon Cameron would be given too many more seasons to bumble along at GWS.

And at the end of this season Dew would have coached Suns for four seasons with them still never played in finals.

Would love to see him at Suns, but gee he’d wanna be paid real well because that’d be a tough gig.
Given the age of his kids and his want to spending more time with them, it's hard to see him packing up interstate and not seeing them much isn't it? For me, its media and then maybe coaching here if he wants to go down that path. Just don't see interstate as an option if his kids will be here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will have multiple AA selections once he retires.

Don’t watch 360 as I don’t subscribe to Foxtel, why in God’s name would he make that statement?

Robinson was trying to make the point that melb had gone into the game thinking that they would win, so they were coasting trying to get an easy win. At the end of his rant, he just off-hand said that bucks really didnt deserve the win. He just flipped it out because he was trying to make a point.

What a great performance by the boys. As a few people have said, that win has been coming for a while now. We've been building, albeit slowly and ugly at times. It does make you wonder what could have been. Had we held on against Brisbane and shown up to play against one or both of the Giants or Suns, we'd actually be pushing to make the 8.

Anyway, super performance by Bucks' lads yesterday. De Goey, Maynard and Crisp. It settles the debate for mine. De Goey is a mid that should push forward and not vice versa. I've been in the play him forward camp but I think it's time we play him in the guts for the majority of the game. He's a bull and can be one of the best mids in the game if he wants it enough. Maynard is a heart and soul player and just bleeds for the jumper, absolutely love watching guys like him represent our club. Crispy, what a star he has turned into. Would be pissing in our BnF at this stage, Moore in pursuit of him.

Really loving the look of the young lads. IQ has A grader written all over him, he could become a weapon playing on ball. How's the vertical leap in the marking contests on him? Kicking is top notch as well. Poulter and McCreery look at home at AFL level. Bianco was quieter yesterday but has shown enough. Rantall looks like an under 16 kid playing seniors but I hope we stick with him for a chunk of games. Looks to me like he just needs confidence in himself.

A big wrap to big Lynchy. I'll be honest I had completely written him off. However, his tap work yesterday was brilliant and although Gawn got busy around the ground, Lynch did a number on him in the centre bounces. Well done big fella.

Stoked to see Checkers back in form and Cameron standing up in a big game. If we could just find a gun Key Forward to complement those 2 then we would start to kick bigger scores more regularly.

Finally, Pendles, champion. The 2nd best magpie I've seen play behind Bucks.

Thanks Bucks for everything. An absolute champion on and off the field. Legendary player, so close to being a premiership coach but an all round fantastic human. Enjoy the years to come with your boys and I hope to hear you in the media over the coming years. There are a few bozos who would be pretty nervous about their jobs right now.

People saying Lynch would not get us more than a 4th rounder, were pleasantly surprised tonight.

His tank is huge, and his Ruck work to win the HO’s over Gawn will now put him on the radar of a number Clubs.

For mine it comes down to one of Cox or Lynch staying on the list next year.

I've got a decent contact at the club that suggests that it will be Lynch that is retained.

A lot riding on who the next coach will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love Round 13 (Pies win, farewell Bucks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back