Preview Round 14, 2024 : Richmond v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 15th June MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meek for Reeves, and find a way to get Watson in. Pray Meek is good to go.

I feel we’re pushing a few sore players through to get them to the bye so I doubt anyone is going to be rested this week.

I’m not overly confident about this one, Martin and Lynch back and both seem to love playing us. Don’t let their injury list fool you, they are only missing 4/5 of their actual best 22 players.

If we can keep our heads and not let the big game pressure in, I reckon we win by 8 goals. If there’s panic it’ll go down to the wire.

Play like we have been, we win this by 5+ goals. Richmond won on the weekend, but Adelaide were woeful, and Richmond were only slightly better. Players off long break can come back and do well, it’s the second week they struggle so Taranto to back up his effort. Martin is a gun and will need watching, but just bring the same effort and intensity we have been and we’ve got them covered

So the whiz has kicked 4 two weeks in a row showing plenty of creativity and doing the team things …….. he would not be gifted a game in the ones! The kid is a jet get him in now
Who gets dropped for him? Nobody in the team deserves to be dropped imo

Anyone got an idea on getting late tickets? Only ones available are super far back level 4. If anyone is reselling or has ones they aren’t using, send a dm please!

funny how things change so quickly in this comp. I had us for 6 wins pre-season, North twice, Richmond twice, Adelaide at the MCG and Freo down in Tassie. Already got the 6 wins, far better than my expectations, but what should normally be a pretty easy-beat game is now probably the hardest match so far this year!!
TBH, hard to see a win here, it is literally the Tigers 2024 Grand Final. Just our luck grrrrr
Then WCE over there a super-hard ask, always hard to win over there.
If we win the next two, and that is a big "if" then we are a real finals threat.

Pre-season, had no idea that Chol, Ginnivan and d'Ambrosio would perform anywhere NEAR the level they have, what a huge positive they have all been. Then Day comes back six weeks earlier than most would from the metatarsal fracture, and young pick 56 shows more class and ability than the number three pick lol. Got to wonder if any of the AFL club recruiters and scouts have any idea of what they are doing when Dear goes pick 56. (literally all 17 other clubs had multiple picks before we took him)

Meek for Reeves

Harry / Josh for CJ

Can't keep carrying Jiath.

8,9,8 and 10 possessions as a free running winger.

Seven tackles and 1 goal in 4 games.

Selective in his attack on the ball.

Before the naysayers worship at the temple of CJ and issue the usual excuses - I'd invite you all to look at the last quarter Vs GWS with 3 mins to go.

High ball in to our defensive pocket with CJ 10m away from the drop-zone.

That's where he stayed, leaving Weddle to cover from 30m away.

Weddle turned to CJ and - well go look yourselves. Weddle was not impressed.

One of a few non-efforts

I thought he'd got that rubbish out of his game - I remember him against GWS 3 yrs ago at the G - absolutely shit himself under a high ball leading to Toby Greene and Cogs making head ducking gestures for the rest of the term.

Those squib actions have returned and are getting worse - so back to box hill until his efforts are non-conditional.

Less Rascal celebrations and more attack on the ball please CJ.

I wouldn't be unhappy to see him moved on if we get a good pick or helps sweeten a trade.

Ward and Morrison would have every right to be upset if he's gifted another game over them this week.
The one thing with Big Footy…. The people who think they have an idea about footy, and the people who actually have an idea about footy really stand out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

funny how things change so quickly in this comp. I had us for 6 wins pre-season, North twice, Richmond twice, Adelaide at the MCG and Freo down in Tassie. Already got the 6 wins, far better than my expectations, but what should normally be a pretty easy-beat game is now probably the hardest match so far this year!!
TBH, hard to see a win here, it is literally the Tigers 2024 Grand Final. Just our luck grrrrr
Then WCE over there a super-hard ask, always hard to win over there.
If we win the next two, and that is a big "if" then we are a real finals threat.

Pre-season, had no idea that Chol, Ginnivan and d'Ambrosio would perform anywhere NEAR the level they have, what a huge positive they have all been. Then Day comes back six weeks earlier than most would from the metatarsal fracture, and young pick 56 shows more class and ability than the number three pick lol. Got to wonder if any of the AFL club recruiters and scouts have any idea of what they are doing when Dear goes pick 56. (literally all 17 other clubs had multiple picks before we took him)
West Coast just looked like insipid babies in the west against north but I get your point.

If you think Mitchell needs to be dropped, please watch a game of football instead of looking at a stats sheet.
I think he’s been solid but nothing that screams undroppable. He’d be one of the first out and that’s not his fault, everyone else is just performing very well. I doubt he does, but I do wanna see Watson.

I think he’s been solid but nothing that screams undroppable. He’d be one of the first out and that’s not his fault, everyone else is just performing very well. I doubt he does, but I do wanna see Watson.
Mitchell has improved to the level that the coach trusts him to lock down the oppositions best small/mediums and has allowed the flex of moving hardwick which makes us extremely versatile and also somewhat unpredictable. Our opposition has averaged under 80 points (80, 75, 79 and 80) the last four weeks which puts us in a very winnable position.

I don’t disagree, Watson would be nice to be the side. But I see the value of Mitchell’s teamwork reducing the opposition score power. Watson needs to find another way in.

Mitchell has improved to the level that the coach trusts him to lock down the oppositions best small/mediums and has allowed the flex of moving hardwick which makes us extremely versatile and also somewhat unpredictable. Our opposition has averaged 80 points (80, 75, 85 and 80) the last four weeks which puts us in a very winnable position.

I don’t disagree, Watson would be nice to be the side. But I see the value of Mitchell’s teamwork reducing the opposition score power. Watson needs to find another way in.

Mitchell is doing a good job but Hardwick back is still an upgrade.

Watto has kicked 8 goals in 2 games and earned his spot back. Aside from the games in Adelaide we don't get a lot of value from Dimma forward and he is often shifted back for stability.

There is every world in which we make no change and there would be no complaints. But I feel your suggestion that the omission calls are based on "looking at a stats sheet" is incorrect.

Mitchell is doing a good job but Hardwick back is still an upgrade.

Watto has kicked 8 goals in 2 games and earned his spot back. Aside from the games in Adelaide we don't get a lot of value from Dimma forward and he is often shifted back for stability.

There is every world in which we make no change and there would be no complaints. But I feel your suggestion that the omission calls are based on "looking at a stats sheet" is incorrect.
You’ve actually proven my point by using the stats to suggest Watson comes in

Not really, stats back a point but the eye test suggest Watson is way too good for VFL, he was talking to people behind the goals before centre bounces at stages. Not arrogant but knows he is better than everyone there. Goals kicked but also given off atleast 3 in both games.

Once again, I feel this is somewhat ignoring the argument being made. I highlighted that Watto kicked 8 to show the scoreboard impact he is having at the level below. Having watched both games, he is clearly a level above. I wasn’t being pedantic with statistics nor was it the basis for my argument. Perhaps I should have worded it better.

Shammy is doing a reasonable job keeping his opponents quiet. My personal belief is that Hardwick would be able to play that role better than Shammy currently is (based on his previous four years of doing it), Watson can fill the vacant small forward role, and that these positional moves would make us a better team.

Others would disagree and that’s fine. It's a good debate to have and creates a winning culture.

The Wiz has all the traits to become one of the gun small forwards of the competition. He needs to be fast tracked to get use to the intensity/speed of the game at seniors level ASAP. It’s players with his skills/character/personality that can turn it on in big games and change it in 5 minutes! As I’ve said before in some of the pre season training reports the Wizard does some things that I’ve rarely seen and should not be playing VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back