Preview Round 14, 2024 : Richmond v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 15th June MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol at everyone worried about this being the tigers GF. Give me a break. We’re clearly the better side as form suggests and these are the sorts of games we should be winning if we’re going to continue to mature as a team.

Tiger beating the crows means nothing. We’ve played similar clubs lately. Here’s a comparison

Round 10
Lions 163 v Tigers 44

Round 11
Hawks 100 v Lions 75
Crows 137 v 38 eagles

Round 12
Hawks 107 v Crows 80.

Round 13
Crows 71 v Tigers 79

Sam Mitchell will have the boys primed for a win, he’s not going to let this one slip.

Last edited:
We owe the Tigers a loss. Last year we threw the game away.

We are top 4 trending, the Tigers are bottom 4 form for next couple of years.

Why would we not expect to win?

Perform to our level and this is a 6 goal plus win.

Congrats to Dusty but we are the better side with better form line.

Reckon Mitchell will love it that 80k will be at the G in a big game, another experience for this up and coming team to go thru.

Hawks by 42 points.

You’ve actually proven my point by using the stats to suggest Watson comes in
I agree you can’t just look at stats, but you equally can’t just ignore them to suit your argument either.

You’ve got to have multiple weapons or even play multiple positions these days. Being able to lock down a player isn’t enough. I think Mitchell has a bright future, but reality is not only did he barely touch the ball but the last couple of weeks he has looked fumbly.

Watson has all the attributes to be the best small forward since Cyril. A small lockdown defender does not keep a player like that out of the team, especially when we’ve got a player in Hardwick that can do the job better.

İ love the fact that both Sam and Day have mentioned the tigers game and Dusty's 300th straight after our game on the weekend. We're on to it, we're switched on and that's great signs of a smart maturing group. Still, Im hesitant about how the youngsters will handle it in front of 80k+ and tigers playing for dusty.

Do we think Watson will perform better than Hardwick as a forward

Do we think Hardwick will perform better than Mitchell as a Defender.

Answer to both is YES.

Easy decision to make, Mitchell will be back soon.

Only other change will be Meek but if not yet fit I am fine with Hybrid ruck experiment of Chol/Nash/Weddle/Dear(Mitchell stays) but also don't mind Rama getting another taste of Seniors, fully deserves it after his form at BHH

Let’s be honest, CJ is the only one that should be dropped from this team. In saying that I don’t think it will happen.
Meek for Reeves
Watson for Cj
With rotations of MacDonald and Mackenzie taking up the slack on the CJ wing

Mitchell on Shai
Weddle on martin

Hardwick goes back if need be
Nah CJ was huge in the third when we turned it round. He shouldn't be dropped.

Seamus is the most vulnerable. People are trying to give him credit for stopping Greene but he was barely matched up on him. I like Seamus, but you need to be some sort of defender for it to not matter that you only got the pill 4 times. He didn't have a single spoil, a single defensive 1:1. If I didn't check the stats sheet I wouldn't have even been sure he played.

I’d be omitting Mitchell, but not to bring Watson in. Enter ‘the Finn’. Perfect game for him to come in and sit on Martin the whole game. Make sure that Martin has the worst game of his career. We really need to rain on their parade, big time. And make sure Martin’s 300th is remembered for all the wrong reasons. Spiteful, l know, but you know it makes sense! The tigger faithful are an awful bunch.

Out: Mitchell
In: Maginness

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be omitting Mitchell, but not to bring Watson in. Enter ‘the Finn’. Perfect game for him to come in and sit on Martin the whole game. Make sure that Martin has the worst game of his career. We really need to rain on their parade, big time. And make sure Martin’s 300th is remembered for all the wrong reasons. Spiteful, l know, but you know it makes sense! The tigger faithful are an awful bunch.

We're a better team without wasting 1 of our 22 on a pure stopping role

you'd have to think that one of Reeves or Meek will be available next week, if not there is no way they would have played Ramsden beyond the middle of the third quarter yesterday

Very good point. If they knew Meek and Reeves were going to miss, once we clearly were beating GWS they had to take Reeves off and get him doing his cooldown.

Watson has earned a promotion, but who on the list deserves a demotion? There is a reason we are only replacing injured players - the fit ones are earning their spot.

The versatility that playing Mitchell allows us is really underrated. It’s a luxury to have Hardwick as a forward, and then be able to shift him as a loose man late in quarters or to shift him their completely like we did this week.

I’d say Dear is 50/50 with the dislocated finger then Wiz will come in for him, otherwise no change bar Meek for Reeves

CJ, Mitchell and maybe Mackenzie are the players that could be in the firing line this week.

CJ for three average games in a row.

Mitchell has been quiet, though he is doing a job first and foremost.

Mackenzie was quiet and faded in the game, but has been pretty impactful over the last few weeks.

We are a much better team right now and if the boys just play as they have been doing, we win this.

Sure they have been a bogey side, but they are a very different team now.

Playing a team with extra motivation. Possibly our biggest test in our recent run.
On a bad day the tigers aren't much chop but they can still produce some quality football when they're on. They'll be on this week. They beat Sydney at the G on one of their on days.

Can we ruin the Dusty love in? I'm not sure. I would like to though.

‘Orrible orthorn…the unsociable hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back