Preview Round 14, 2024 : Richmond v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 15th June MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey does anyone want a free ticket to the Tigers game? I bought an upgrade last night (Bay Q52) and now a mate with a corporate box has asked me to be his guest. DM me if you are interested..

The ticket has gawn.

Bartlett is their greatest

Next 5/6 would be dusty , dyer, hart , Bourke, Roy wright, Titus

…..perhaps Ian Stewart barrot clay richo after that
Hmmm. Ian Stewart, triple Brownlow medallist. I would think he would rate first tier. Granted, he only had one at Richmond.

IF……
Luke Breust needs a rest,

THEN……
I’ll eat my big freeze beanie.

Training report recovery day Round 14. Artic park today cold wet and windy. Seemed like old times

Had the day off and no it wasn't a long service day off. Wandered down to see the boys today could hang around till the end.

No Shows
Blank: Probably upstairs
Butler: See Blank
Phillips: unknown might be upstairs
Reeves: Unknown
Wingard: Again unknown
Tucker: Probably upstairs

Rehab:
Lewis: I could have put him down as a no show because he came down the stairs and then went straight down the race to the pool.

Sugar ran laps around the ground and then ran 200m slow sprints on the far side

Amon: Started with the group on the far side then ran laps around the ground

Breust in the big group on the far side doing 200m run throughs

Gunston see Bresut

Dimma see Breust

Day see Bresut

Sic see Bresut

Nashy see Breust

Chol didn't do much out there joined the main group and then came upstairs shortly after probably half an hour. Asked him about the game this week and he was yeah looking forward to it. Can't wait pumped.

A few of the boys that played for box hill also went up early including Bailey i think i wasn't paying attention.
All a bit sore from the weekend.

Watson was out there a little longer asked him how he was going and said surely your taking the piss out there. He said he was hoping to join the ones soon.

Meeky: Finally right? Came down with his footy boots carrying his runners. Did a few drills not all but looks set for the weekend.

The boys up and about as you might imagine The coach running around out there frolicking with the boys. Mitch enjoying being out there. Winning lifts a lot weight off your shoulders as coach.

Spoke to Seamus as i wanted to know for sure. I didn't see him line up on Toby during the game. He said he wasn't on him but he did play on several other opponents including Bedford.

All the boys looking forward to the big game this week. Confident we will take it up to Richmond and come away with the win.

Till next time go you mighty hawks

Training report recovery day Round 14. Artic park today cold wet and windy. Seemed like old times

Had the day off and no it wasn't a long service day off. Wandered down to see the boys today could hang around till the end.

No Shows

Rehab:
Lewis: I could have put him down as a no show because he came down the stairs and then went straight down the race to the pool.

Gunston see Bresut

Dimma see Breust

Day see Bresut

Sic see Bresut

Nashy see Breust

Chol didn't do much out there joined the main group and then came upstairs shortly after probably half an hour. Asked him about the game this week and he was yeah looking forward to it. Can't wait pumped.

A few of the boys that played for box hill also went up early including Bailey i think i wasn't paying attention.

Watson was out there a little longer asked him how he was going and said surely your taking the piss out there. He said he was hoping to join the ones soon.

Meeky: Finally right? Came down with his footy boots carrying his runners. Did a few drills not all but looks set for the weekend.

The boys up and about as you might imagine The coach running around out there frolicking with the boys. Mitch enjoying being out there. Winning lifts a lot weight off your shoulders as coach.

Spoke to Seamus as i wanted to know for sure. I didn't see him line up on Toby during the game. He said he wasn't on him but he did play on several other opponents including Bedford.

All the boys looking forward to the big game this week. Confident we will take it up to Richmond and come away with the win.

Well done 4P!! As per always, a well written and incredibly thorough training report.

No Shows

Rehab:

Gunston see Bresut

Dimma see Breust

Day see Bresut

Sic see Bresut

Nashy see Breust

God I hope Meek gets up. Nank has been in form the last month

No Shows

Rehab:

Gunston see Bresut

Dimma see Breust

Day see Bresut

Sic see Bresut

Nashy see Breust

Nice write up 👍

You are right, no other ground has ever captured the true essence of a grey, wet and windy Melbourne day like Waverly Park used to!

I still remember driving out of that quagmire of a car park with my dad after a game one cold and rainy day and the amount of mud getting flung around by car tyres was quite funny to watch!

No Shows

Rehab:

Gunston see Bresut

Dimma see Breust

Day see Bresut

Sic see Bresut

Nashy see Breust

This is brilliant, thank you for posting mate.

Best news here for me is Meek looking good for the weekend. One of the few ruckmen in the league that can go toe to toe with Nankervis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is brilliant, thank you for posting mate.

Best news here for me is Meek looking good for the weekend. One of the few ruckmen in the league that can go toe to toe with Nankervis.
As much as Dusty gets the plaudits for the Norm Smiths, Brownlows, etc (and rightly so) I always felt it was Nank the Tank arriving at the club that turned them into a force.

He's a very good ruck and also a bit of a campaigner which is a very useful combo!

VFL - Round 11

Morrison: 31 disposals - 13 marks - 4 tackles
Maginness: 29 disposals - 5 marks - 5 tackles - 8 inside 50s
Serong: 26 disposals - 10 marks - 10 rebounds
Bennetts: 21 disposals - 4 marks - 3 tackles - 2 goals
Hustwaite: 21 disposals - 4 marks - 7 tackles
Ryan: 21 disposals - 3 marks - 2 tackles - 7 rebound 50s
Ward: 20 disposals - 6 marks - 3 tackles
Watson: 18 disposals - 8 marks - 2 tackles - 4 goals - 2 behinds
Grainger-Barras: 13 disposals - 10 marks - 2 tackles
Ramsden: 13 disposals - 5 marks - 3 tackles - 25 hit-outs - 3 goals - 1 behind
Scaife: 10 disposals - 5 marks - 1 goal - 1 behind
Wingard: 4 disposals - 3 tackles (injured)

DNP:
Stephens, McCabe, Phillips, B.MacDonald, O’Sullivan, Tucker

Dusty and Lynch are a little better than old hacks.

Dusty might not get 40 and 3 but he's guaranteed to use the ball really well every time he gets it and kick a goal or two.
Wasn't really referring to Dusty, although he isn't the same player without his handbag (Kane Lambert)
playing his defensive role. Will have his dangerous moments but emotion only runs so far.

It was more the return of Prestia (who appears to be out once more with a muscle tear) and the apparent
expediation of Lynch's return, while they're at it, throw Cotchin out there to, he did play country footy a couple of weeks ago.

Shai Bolton blew the cobwebs out last week, he and Nankervis are the worry. Bolta as previously mentioned.
Overall the team has structure again, playing to a role and not as individuals, can take a team a long way but
they still have a very poor bottom 6 (see Kosi) so that should hold the Hawks in good stead.

If the Port game was character building, this game/win will be belief building.

Ended up going the reserve seat. Absolutely cannot wait for this game, been a while since we've been at a packed G, and the Tigers fans will be up and about, atmosphere will be electric.

Also Dusty has been a brilliant player over his time, will never forget watching his dismantling of the cats in the 2020 GF. Complete with him shrugging off the AFL and Geelong golden boy Dangerfield to put the cherry on top.

Unfortunately for him, the football gods care not for milestones, and we need revenge for Burgoyne's final game.

I think for all the hype of this, our young side will absolutely relish this moment with all eyes on them and put the Tigers to the sword by 40+.

It's going to be a huge game, the Tiger army will be out in force and I reckon it will have a finals-like atmosphere, especially if they get on top early.

Tiggies getting most of their key players back evens the contest right up, especially if we are without Meek or Reeves and Lewis.

We have to shut down or curb the influence of Bolton, Baker and Rioli. They provide most of the class, run and skill to the side. Short too, but he's having an average season so far.

Hi guys, i'm looking for 3 tickets if anybody is selling, PM me. Sorry if this is not an appropriate post on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back