Preview Round 14, 2024 : Richmond v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 15th June MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where our depth is really starting to show. Meek in for Reeves, but it's tight in the forward line. Gunston does a job, Breust has been a bit of a super sub, Ginni, Macdonald, Chol and Dear have all been good so its hard to find out who comes out for Watson, Wingard or Lewis when he is ready.

Side note but it’s a replacement game for us, but is there any danger of GA being sold out for this and then us not being able to get in or does the replacement game mean the club has already ‘bought up’ enough for us to come in?

Side note but it’s a replacement game for us, but is there any danger of GA being sold out for this and then us not being able to get in or does the replacement game mean the club has already ‘bought up’ enough for us to come in?
I didn't want to run the risk of not getting a seat, so forked out the $13 to reserve one. Might be an idea for this game.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

You’ll be fine, if you want a seat just rock up a bit earlier or reserve a seat for a fee online. If your standing just roll up 10 min before the bounce and you’ll be fine.

If we aren't going to put Hardwick back (where I think he belongs) and drop Seamus, then the only obvious options to get Watson in to give Breust or Frenchie a rest.

Same with Lewis, only obvious options are Dear or Gunston, neither of whom I want to see out of the team.

Meek and Watson for Reeves and Breust is my preference. Give Breust 2 weeks off to rest up and Lewis half a game at Box Hill to get some touch.

We have the Eagles after the bye so Gunston will skip that one covering a good opportunity to bring Lewis in without dropping Dear.

Absent more injuries we will comfortably have 26 or 27 players we want in the side each week after the bye.

I really don't want to think about fitting Smith, Battle, Blank and Perryman into the side next year

Going to be a good test for this group. Richmond have been playing competitive football and are starting to get a few players back. Dusty’s 300th which means they’re going to throw everything at us. 80,000+ expected.

Ins: Meek, Watson
Outs: Reeves (inj), Mitchell

B: Sicily Frost Hardwick
HB: Impey Scrim Weddle
C: Jiath Nash D’Ambrosio
HF: CMac Chol Moore
F: Watson Gunston Ginnivan
Fol: Meek Newcombe Day
Int: Amon Worpel Mackenzie Dear
Sub: Breust

We're going to hit a snag at some point. It may be this week, being Dusty's 300th and the fact that the Tiges somehow always seem to match up well on us. What I'd love to see is an absence of crying, wailing, whining and gnashing of teeth, and proclamations of the world caving in, by Hawk supporters if that eventuates.

But I suppose that is a forlorn hope....

If we aren't going to put Hardwick back (where I think he belongs) and drop Seamus, then the only obvious options to get Watson in to give Breust or Frenchie a rest.

Same with Lewis, only obvious options are Dear or Gunston, neither of whom I want to see out of the team.

Meek and Watson for Reeves and Breust is my preference. Give Breust 2 weeks off to rest up and Lewis half a game at Box Hill to get some touch.

We have the Eagles after the bye so Gunston will skip that one covering a good opportunity to bring Lewis in without dropping Dear.

Absent more injuries we will comfortably have 26 or 27 players we want in the side each week after the bye.

I really don't want to think about fitting Smith, Battle, Blank and Perryman into the side next year
And don't forget Ward too.. :sweatsmile:

I'd like to see Lewis tear a game apart at Box Hill before earning his spot back. He was very underwhelming his first few games this season (built like Tarzan but playing like Jane).

We're going to hit a snag at some point. It may be this week, being Dusty's 300th and the fact that the Tiges somehow always seem to match up well on us. What I'd love to see is an absence of crying, wailing, whining and gnashing of teeth, and proclamations of the world caving in, by Hawk supporters if that eventuates.

I’m just enjoying the ride that the youngsters are providing. I don’t think the Tigers are going to be a walk over either. With a win in their sails, and Dusty’s 300 it is going to be a big test. Win lose or draw, we know we are on the right track.

I’m just enjoying the ride that the youngsters are providing. I don’t think the Tigers are going to be a walk over either. With a win in their sails, and Dusty’s 300 it is going to be a big test. Win lose or draw, we know we are on the right track.

I’ve spoken to a few of the Richmond 3121 members with contacts to their board. They are going to treat this game like their final / grand final and would like nothing better to end Hawthorns season.

This game will be fantastic for a young group like ours 80000+ at the MCG

Would absolutely love this scalp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is great to have selection headaches.

I do hope Meek gets up. If everyone else is OK, then I would be surprised if we make any other changes. No need to rest anyone with the bye coming up.

Seamus Mitchell is doing a good lock down job and will be needed against Tigers smalls. Wizard may just need to bide his time and that won't hurt him this early in his career.

It would be foolish to tinker with a forward structure working well right now. I hope Calsher's finger s right to go.

Chol legacy game.

Dusty is a hero, changed their club for good and put them back on the map, but **** those flogs for how they treated Chol.

Will never get over how normalised they tried to make ignoring consent and sticking a finger in their mate on national TV.
Chol to kick six, Vlastuin to get slammed through a pole, Watto to kick four and Dusty to get chaired off after losing by 8 goals.

Same here. Very young sides like ours, typically experience inconsistency - particularly where our game style is high energy, eventually you'd expect that to take toll on players.

This game has me the most expectant for a loss, purely as Richmond are really hampered by injury and they're getting some good players back at the minute.

Will be a good test for our side and a real litmus test. Win and the "f word" becomes 10x louder. Lose and it feels like we will be just below mid-table by season-end. Either way - this side has grown from last year, with plenty more growth to come (i.e. Newks form this season is well below his best, and expect him to learn a lot from this season).

I’ve spoken to a few of the Richmond 3121 members with contacts to their board. They are going to treat this game like their final / grand final and would like nothing better to end Hawthorns season.

This game will be fantastic for a young group like ours 80000+ at the MCG

Would absolutely love this scalp
They can treat it however they like, they’re still shit.

Should win. Meek and Watson in for Reeves and Seamus

Probably a silly question, but I brought the digital membership and have access to a game as well as a bring a friend ticket that came with it, problem is there’s going to be 3 of us, so if I buy a third general admission ticket we’ll all be able to sit together?

Bit nervous about this game.

Mitchell out for Watson. Hardwick back.

We are past the point of getting games into people for the experience, if you’re not performing you can’t deny players at Box Hill who are. Wiz has to come back in.

I think this too. Watson kicked 4 so needs to come in.
Hopefully Meek in for Reeves.

Two factors make me nervous about this game.

1. We always struggle to match it with the Tiges. Something about their game style is hard for us to handle.

2. We have struggled to perform at the MCG in front of large crowds. If this match was at Marvel or down at Tassie I'd be much more confident.

On form though we should take care of them but I feel it's a genuine 50/50 match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back