Unofficial Preview Round 14 vs. North Melbourne, Marvel, 1:00pm Sunday 16/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not as if the players are at risk of looking ahead to the following week, given that is a bye, and it’s Bruz’ 200th. Surely… SURELY complacency won’t be an issue.
Don’t think complacency will be an issue

For some reason some of these struggling clubs like Adelaide North Hawthorn etc always seem to think they can compete with us and they often do

The one area they should test us is in the midfield. They are extremely talented and there and we will need to hope our system and structures in the midfield can stop them

North have had their bye followed by a stirring win and an 8 day break, and will be playing us on their home deck of Marvel.

We’re limping into the bye injury wise, and will be playing off a 6 day break.

We’re quite rightly favourites …

… but there are no easy games with assured outcomes, and these are probably the most unfavourable circumstances to be playing North.

this exactly the type of game where we look awful for 3 quarters, but have a stirring last qtr to get over the line

Absolute butcher of the highest order.
In the 3rd, Freddy gave him beautiful lead. Absolute corridor. Markov was tearing through the centre. Simply had to steady and give him a dinky little 20 m kick. He, dead set, kicked it 2 metres over Fred’s head.
I was furious at that one. Ruined a certain shot on goal from directly in front 30m out.

I was furious at that one. Ruined a certain shot on goal from directly in front 30m out.

Agreed, but maybe I’m in a forgiving mood with Oleg… I seem to remember him hitting a couple of bullets off half back in key moments. Very late in the Carltank game IIRC?

In the 3rd, Freddy gave him beautiful lead. Absolute corridor. Markov was tearing through the centre. Simply had to steady and give him a dinky little 20 m kick. He, dead set, kicked it 2 metres over Fred’s head.
Meh one kick, week before noble was turning the ball over constantly, it happens

But surely people here can understand why a few are hesitant after what happened with Mihocek and De Goey?

Odds are, North will probably place a hard tag on him like Melbourne did. Which means he’s going to get some serious attention. Which is how he got hurt in the first place

Imagine he’s being tagged out of the game again and gets hurt again which leads to multiple weeks out just as we’re about to have the bye?

Just not sure it’s worth the risk when we’re playing a team we should be able to account for regardless

But like I said, if he’s 100%? Sure of course we’d play him

JDG and Checkers came back early from muscle strains.

Naicos is a 2 x corkie to the shin.

Apples and oranges.

Eh, players have these games. Markov's kicking efficiency hasn't been that bad since his first couple of games last year. Just like Noble last week, I'm sure it was just an off game and he'll be back to what he does best this week

North have had their bye followed by a stirring win and an 8 day break, and will be playing us on their home deck of Marvel.

We’re limping into the bye injury wise, and will be playing off a 6 day break.

We’re quite rightly favourites …

… but there are no easy games with assured outcomes, and these are probably the most unfavourable circumstances to be playing North.

Na, it'll be a 50 point win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other news,

Does everyone think that we may need to wear our Swooping Magpie Guernsey this week, due to the clash potentially between North Melbourne's home guernsey and our clash guernsey? (North: Blue Stripes on White Base, Collingwood: Black Stripes on White Base)

Or could we just wear our home guernsey and then there shouldn't be a guernsey clash, even though the stripes could potentially cause a guernsey clash

In other news,

Does everyone think that we may need to wear our Swooping Magpie Guernsey this week, due to the clash potentially between North Melbourne's home guernsey and our clash guernsey? (North: Blue Stripes on White Base, Collingwood: Black Stripes on White Base)

Or could we just wear our home guernsey and then there shouldn't be a guernsey clash, even though the stripes could potentially cause a guernsey clash
It can't be any worse than the old black and white days. No one could tell the difference, especially when the grounds were full of mud

It can't be any worse than the old black and white days. No one could tell the difference, especially when the grounds were full of mud
Fair, just throwing the idea out there since we've done it in the past, most recent I can remember was 2011 with the wide stripe guernsey that only had 2 white stripes.

Last year it was indigenous round and the year before it was our home game

Last edited:
Fair, just throwing the idea out there since we've done it in the past, most recent I can remember was 2011 with the wide stripe guernsey that only had 2 white stripes.

Last year we wore the indigenous guernsey and the year before it was our home game
I'm not sure what both sides will come up with but I wouldn't be against the indigenous jumper. I really liked it

I think the safest bet would be for us to use a different guernsey if needed as we're the away side.

I think the indigenous guernsey would be more of a clash than any other guernsey we could wear as its still on a white base

Last year we wore the indigenous guernsey and the year before it was our home game
I think we should wear this one in recognition of Bruzzy's 200th

IMG_20240613_131653.jpg

Yeah it happens but he was also responsible for one attack off half back that led to a goal and involved in another one shortly after. His field kicking was great last year and probably part of the reason he was preferred over Noble. I actually thought he started to show some of last year’s dare against the Dees but yes he did stuff up a couple of times.

Out Frampton Sullivan N daicos (rest) Bytel
In Jiath Dematia mcinnes Allen (sub)
Don’t think those changes improve us, more the opposite IMO. If you want to give North even more incentive then treating them as easybeats is a sure way of doing it. They’ll be fired up anyway after their first win along with playing the reigning premier. We want another good win and the percentage boost that goes with it.

hopefully this is allowed here,
but i have 2 tickets to round 17 (Friday MCG vs Essendon Level 1 M34) that i cant attend,
would anyone trade me a ticket for this weeks game for them?

I was just as disappointed when Mcrae missed Frampton a minute or two later when he was ten metres clear of his opponent. I don't get this conditional rage about a turnover. It was frustrating any time we turned it over but Leggy was not the only perpetrator.

Crazy to be talking about resting players
Marvel and injuries add up to relatively close game
If nick out makes it even harder
They’ve always troubled us like hawthorn.
maybe bring in reef somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back